Thread: A move to Empire?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Default A move to Empire?

With Empire: Total War on the horizon (Feb. 2009) and a new engine, with naval battles, cover, and huge possibilities, it might be simply better to transfer the mod to this game.

I understand many of you have been loyally following the mod for a LONG time, and patiently waiting. I understand that work has definitely slowed down, with the loss of Bwain and some other team members, as well as art university taking all of my personal time away.

However, as compromise for the long wait, I'd release a custom battle demo featuring The Empire, Orcs, Tomb Kings of Khemri, Dark Elves, Vampire counts, and Chaos Undivided for Medieval 2 in the close future.

This obviously isn't a decision to set in stone, but I'd rather have the mod on the best engine possible, and the possibilities of an Empire: Total War mod seem far more expansive. Indeed, many of my frustrations on this mod have simply been a dislike for the Medieval 2 engine, with it's limited combat, buggy cavalry, and other annoyances.

Of course, if the fanbase is totally opposed to this, then the mod will continue for Medieval 2.

I appreciate any feedback.
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 11-06-2008 at 02:16.