Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 released

Default Re: EB 1.2 released

I'm new to EB, and have a quick question. What economic bonuses does the AI get on M/H/VH? I'm playing Hard as the Romani, and don't understand how small factions like the one in Iberia can spam so many full stacks of good units...

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

The script (which I hope you remembered to activate) gives the AI monitary bonuses no matter the difficulty you play. Since the script is dynamic, I couldn't say how much any particular faction gets at any particular time in any particular campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    The script (which I hope you remembered to activate) gives the AI monitary bonuses no matter the difficulty you play. Since the script is dynamic, I couldn't say how much any particular faction gets at any particular time in any particular campaign.
    I activate the script everytime I load the game. So what is the difference between easy and very hard if the script gives the ai monetary bonuses either way?

Battledifficulty: The bonusses they get in battle, like morale, defense and so on. If you play on VH you should not be surprised when your elite-legionaries get slaughtered by some local levies

Campaigndifficulty: The AI is much more agressive, even the Eleutheroi attack you on VH
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB 1.2 released

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Battledifficulty: The bonusses they get in battle, like morale, defense and so on. If you play on VH you should not be surprised when your elite-legionaries get slaughtered by some local levies

Campaigndifficulty: The AI is much more agressive, even the Eleutheroi attack you on VH
    At VH campaign difficulty, the A.I. receives 10.000 mnai every turn on top of what the script gives. Battle bonuses are +4 attack at H and +7 attack at VH, as well as an unspecified (and possibly not working) morale bonus.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    At VH campaign difficulty, the A.I. receives 10.000 mnai every turn on top of what the script gives. Battle bonuses are +4 attack at H and +7 attack at VH, as well as an unspecified (and possibly not working) morale bonus.
    Any economic bonuses on Hard for AI?
    Last edited by Eusebius86; 02-21-2009 at 23:23. Reason: bad wording

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

At the risk of asking a rather dumb question do I have to install 1.1 before installing 1.2?

I only ask because 1.0 and 1.1 don't seem to be stickied (although the guide to installing EB does have at least a link to 1.0).

Figured it out.
    Last edited by Zim; 02-22-2009 at 03:44.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eusebius86 View Post
    Any economic bonuses on Hard for AI?
    Apart from the scripted bonuses? No.

i recently started a AS campaign. And I noticed something unusual. You can no longer recruit the thorikatai agema basilou. What happened to that unit?

αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν Member tsidneku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaberHRE View Post
    i recently started a AS campaign. And I noticed something unusual. You can no longer recruit the thorikatai agema basilou. What happened to that unit?
    You should be able to recruit the Thorakitai Agematos Basilikou -- keep in mind of AOR; I think it's probably Babylon, Seleukeia, and Antiocheia only. Make sure you have a high enough tier barracks, I don't think the default barracks in those respective cities will suffice.

TAB's are now only available after the cataphract reform IIRC, to stop the AI from spamming them.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

well... stupid question.
    i installed EB 1.2 patch, and then:
    -EB 1.2 minimod pack
    -BI for EB 1.2 (ferromancer's mod)
    in the folder, i can see the icons: BI for EB, EB 1.2 shortcut, etc.
    so, it seems that EB 1.2 is installed
    BUT, when i launch EB, in the first imagine i read EB 1.1 (down on the left side).
    so, i guess it is uninstalled, isn't?
    note that i installed everything in the right folder (RTW folder), NOT in the RTW/EB folder.
    so,
    frankly speaking, when i play strategic, the AI seems typically dumb (ex. no landing of new epirote army on the undefended shores in southern italy).
    so, what to guess? is 1.2 installed, or not?
    does it affect the minimod pack and the BI pack? (mean are they installed?)
    what to do?

tahnks bye
    Nec sine Marsis nec contra Marsos triumphari posse
    (Appiano)

Make sure you have installed 1.2 on top of 1.1 and not in 1.1.

Check if you have an EB folder inside your EB folder. If so, than you have installed 1.2 inside 1.1 and then you're just playing 1.1.

--> when you install 1.1 in xxx\RTW, you have to install 1.2 in the same location (xxx\RTW) and NOT in xxx\RTW\EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    Check if you have an EB folder inside your EB folder. If so, than you have installed 1.2 inside 1.1 and then you're just playing 1.1.
    well, i have my rtw-eb folder (main folder), and inside it there is an EB folder, in which there is data folder etc. but NOT another EB folder

-->
    when you install 1.1 in xxx\RTW, you have to install 1.2 in the same location (xxx\RTW) and NOT in xxx\RTW\EB.
    that is what exactly i did.
    but this means that, if i see on the screenshot in the beginning 'eb 1.1.', it means that i didn't release eb 1.2... isn't it?
    (Appiano)

Yes, it seems you've installed it right. It should say 1.2, I don't know why it doesn't.

Maybe someone else can help?

Run a validation and post the results in the tech help forum.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

well, i will this evening.
    thanks for help buddies
    (Appiano)

Props EB-team. Love the mod.
    Risus abundat in ore stultorum.

EB Rocks Best Mod Ever
    Tribunus Decimvs Cornelivs Scapvla - BtSH

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Just think EBII will have graphics like this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I Win!!

Hello All,

I run windows 64 bit Vista. I dowloaded the RTW Gold Edition on Steam. I got EB 1.1 working by using "-mod:eb -show_err" in the Launch Options for RTW.

I have downloaded EB 1.2 and installed it in the same folder as RTW Gold Edition where I installed EB 1.1.

When I load the RTW on Steam I can't get it to reflect EB 1.2, it only loads EB 1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Make sure you have installed EB 1.2 to the same target as EB 1.1. That target will end on ...\Rome - Total War.

It will NOT end in ...\Rome - Total War\EB!!! Then you'll install EB 1.2 inside EB itself and then you'll end up with having an EB folder inside your EB folder. The latter won't work of course and so it will only play the former (being 1.1).

Just delete that last EB folder and install 1.2 again in the right place.

Thank you to all that made this mod possible. I have tried EB before but it was 1.1, and I had 1 gb of memory and could hardly play it. I finally upgraded to 2 gig's and 1.2 and it is playing very smooth with no crashes. I will have to say the install process was a little confusing at first, its up and going strong.

For those that have issues with installing it, this is how i did it:
    * First do a clean install of RTW 1.5 OUTSIDE of the 'Program Files' folder. Mine was in the C: folder (C:\Rome - Total War) . Note that EB 1.1, its update 1.2, and the 1.2 fixes MUST be installed into this folder.
    * Install EB 1.1 to that RTW folder (have to do it manually probably) mine was . Do not install 1.1 fixes
    * Copy/ paste 1.2 update after it was extracted (182 mb- 1 folder 'EB' and 3 files) into into the RTW folder (again probably manually). for me it was (C:\Rome - Total War)
    * Install the 3 fixes for 1.2 by copy/pasting the those folders to the Data folder within the EB folder within RTW folder. For me it was (C:\Rome - Total War\EB\Data )
    * Made a shortcut to desktop from "RomeTW.exe" in RTW folder. (C:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe) - (right click it, and send shortcut to desktop)
    * Added this line below to the target of the shortcut's properties on the desktop just created. Makes sure there is 1 space between target path and this line:
    "-mod:eb -show_err -ne"

(Right click the shortcut created on desktop, click properties, target line is under the 'shortcut' tab. Also under same tab is where you can change icon look to EB's icon)

* Then I changed the icon of the shortcut to the EB icon, and renamed it which is optional of course.

* I hope that helps anyone that may see it and need help.

I am just very glad I'm able to play it. This mod is right there as one of my favorites along side my other favorite one which shall be nameless. Thanks for all the effort to make this happen. Ok, now back to my first Punic War, which so far in the first strike, my Romans are victors.
    Last edited by Millsy; 03-26-2009 at 19:40.

just dropping in to say that this is the most awesome mod !!!! :)

Is there a reason why I can't move my roman army down to the cities in the south of africa ? Also my spy, assassin and diplomat can't reach the cities in the south.

Is it possible to buy mercenaries with elephants, when you play rome ?

You can't capture or reach Terhazza (which isn't the South of Africa BTW, just the South of the EB map, and in the middle of the Sahara). Read the FAQ for more info.

Elephants are not available as mercenaries. You can train them with a level 5 regional MIC in some African cities though.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 04-11-2009 at 17:17.

You can't capture or reach Terhazza (which isn't the South of Africa BTW, just the South of the EB map, and in the middle of the Sahara). Read the FAQ for more info.

Elephants are not available as mercenaries. You can train them with a level 5 regional MIC in some African cities though.
    Ok, thanks. But where is the FAQ that I can read ?

Blog Entries

The FAQ is amongst the pinned topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    The FAQ is amongst the pinned topics.
    Thanks

After a long break from EB I noticed that 1.2 was out a few weeks ago. After being a bit disappointed with Empire and deciding to wait until they have patched everything in that title to a properly working game, I decided to give EB 1.2 a whirl. One thing's for sure, YOU guys do not disappoint!

I'm currently running a Pontos campaign on H/M with City Mod 5.1a, Forced diplomacy, Sinuhet's formations and Victory conditions added on and it is a whole lot of fun, so much so that I'm beginning to worry about getting enough work done...

One of the most amusing and astonishing details has been a certain rebel army consisting of double silver chevron chalkaspidae and classical hoplites lead by a six or seven star general. I believe he started out patrolling the Pergamon region but attacked an AS stack on the border that was immediately and thoroughly defeated, taking him into the region around Sardis instead. There he has caused great devastation during the past four years or so and immediately attacks anyone that enters the region.

Even though I took Mazaka and Ipsos on the same turn in a surprise attack around 266 BC, the AS focused a large and menacing full stack of troops on eliminating the rebel threat around Sardis, marching the huge army all the way from Karkathiokerta, past their recently lost settlements of Mazaka and Ipsos, and instead lost in a crushing defeat to the rebel heroes. Finally, after sending another 3/4 stack along the same route, a combined force of AS troops managed to get rid of the rebel threat. I remained passive and have been building up for a good few years and can now strike at a severly depleted AS presence in Sardis with its mines...

So far, this has been one of my most enjoyable experiences with EB or any other mod to date!

Thank you!

Can you name one of the cities in africa where I can train them ?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast