Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 released

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: EB 1.2 released

Quote Originally Posted by pomse View Post
    Can you name one of the cities in africa where I can train them ?
    The cities in Africa, west of Atiqa.

One slight criticism:

Playing as Rome; I seem to get the Warmonger trait ridiculously often. I've just given a guy his first battle and he's got it. Seems every general I have who has fought a battle or two gets it.
    '.....I should like to see the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest.'

Strange...

I only get the warmonger trait after 8-10 battles or even more.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    The cities in Africa, west of Atiqa.
    Thanks, I will try to update the cities in that area.

How exactly do I install this?

[First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this]

What does this mean?

Just make sure you install everything in the Rome: Total War directory. That goes for 1.2 as well. Following the instructions that are in this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109876 shouldn't be too hard.

Under the 1.2 folder it says this [First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this]

What does that mean?

Install it to the RTW file, then remove it?

No it means select the directory where your RTW is installed (for example: C:\\Games\RTW) then remove that part ([First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this] this actual text) from that line in the installation window.

So when you select your RTW directory that line in installation window will look like this: C:\\Games\RTW[First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this]. remove the bold text and proceed.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

My very belated () congratulations for the new releases (1.1 and 1.2). Special thanks to Shigawire and the rest of the voice mod team for finally completing the Punic vocci.

Are the voice mods planned to be extended to the campaign map, if that's possible at all? My Roman generals still report like GI Joes.

Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Translations for strat map were made like five years ago, but hopefully it won't take that long to realize them. Good to see you around my friend. Don't be a stranger!

In particular the Greek Voicemod has a full set of reviewed, revised, re-reviewed etc. commands for the stratmap and a partial (but with outdated tracks) implementation as well. But as you can expect: the people who actually would do the coordination of recording all those lines (not to mention recording themselves) are now fully occupied with other things. (EB 2 factions for instance.)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

graduated non-expert Member jerby's Avatar

Hey all,

back again after a year, now playing as Epeiros, a tiny question: I have a level 4 native MIC in Serdike, so according to the recuitment viewer I can recruit Rhomphairoi (elite thracian infantry) and Agrianians... But I can only recruit those Agrianians... Why is that?

-jerby

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: EB 1.2 released

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou View Post
    Translations for strat map were made like five years ago, but hopefully it won't take that long to realize them. Good to see you around my friend. Don't be a stranger!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    In particular the Greek Voicemod has a full set of reviewed, revised, re-reviewed etc. commands for the stratmap and a partial (but with outdated tracks) implementation as well. But as you can expect: the people who actually would do the coordination of recording all those lines (not to mention recording themselves) are now fully occupied with other things. (EB 2 factions for instance.)

I'm back on the map!
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 06-29-2009 at 18:10.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    Hey all,

back again after a year, now playing as Epeiros, a tiny question: I have a level 4 native MIC in Serdike, so according to the recuitment viewer I can recruit Rhomphairoi (elite thracian infantry) and Agrianians... But I can only recruit those Agrianians... Why is that?

-jerby
    AFAIK Elite Tracians can only be recruited with a lvl 5 Regional MIC.

What about retraining? I usually remove a whole garrison just outside the city, then bring in my general and his army to retrain them. Will that effect public order if it takes a couple turns to retrain? And what about the Agoge?<sp> Taking the youngsters down to Sparta to train will effect public order?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    AFAIK Elite Tracians can only be recruited with a lvl 5 Regional MIC.
    Nope, I have a level 4 regional in Tylis as Epeiros and I'm able to recruit them.

A question: Can EB 1.2 be run on BI? I was under the belief that 1.2 was for MTW, not RTW/BI? If it is for BI, I will d/l it. Need some clarification on this, please.

OK, 2 questions. Why can't I post screen shots? I have beeen wanting to start an AAR for like ever... and I am not a tech noob, either.

Yes, you can modify EB to play with BI or ALEX, though it is made for RTW1.5.
    Of course it is not for MTW, although there is a version for M2TW in the making (which is far from finished though).

Do a forum search about the screenshots, make than enough threads about that issue.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 07-05-2009 at 10:58.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

I just wanted to point out [again] what a great mod.

I play EB for years [real live years] now & can´t stop. I am currently playing my first "barbarian" faction...the Sweboz. I wage wars against Aeudi & Rome for decades now and it is very amusing. Fighting to conquer Italy, defending the Western borders against Aeudi hords & building up an empire.

Being a Nomad faction fan I have to admit: all infantry armies have their advantages as well. Nothing but hiding one part of the army in an ambush in the woods, luring the enemy in an ambush, attack the engaged units from unexpected positions and watch those Romans flee back over the Alps.

Last edited by Subedei; 09-29-2009 at 10:36.
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

running my first eb campign and enjoying it thoroughly. thanx for the hard work

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I'm really late to 1.2, considering re-installing RTW to play it. Had some problems with the client ruler scripts causing irresolvable perma-crashes a while back, is 1.2 any better in that regard? Does it also become a lot more stable (and faster-running) if you delete that part of the script? Is it as easily deleted?

I've also forgotten how to use the console (it has been two years!), did anyone put together a guide or the like? I'd like to re-create my Pergamon experience, which means teleporting stacks of troops and creating a new starting army with the create unit command.

Hazy on some commands as well, how did you make units switch to their secondary weapon (thinking primarily of lance cavalry in melee switching to swords)?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Welcome back.

In my experience 1.2 is very stable without needing to delete the client ruler script. I believe it uses a totally different method than 1.1, but 1.1 was a while ago so my memory is also slightly hazy on that.

I'm not too sure on using the console, I know the ` key opens it, beyond that I'm clueless. Searching the forum for the info you need is probably your best bet, or wait until somebody more knowledgable than me replies.

This one I can help with, alt click switches to secondary weapons.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 09-22-2010 at 13:53.

welcome back Quintus,

from my personal experience I'd say it's a bit stabler than 1.1 at least so it seemed to me, maybe it's just because I've gotten accostomed to save my games often. But til now none of my 1.2 campaigns have ended in CTD whereas there were 'after battle CTDs' happen once in a while.

for the second one, there surely is someone more suited than me.

third one is the Alt-key, hold it and order them to attack this lets them attack with their secondary weapon(lancers switch to swords when they preformed their charge).

aww crap
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

The client-ruler system is totally changed, just read the opening post for more informations!

For console-problems see the paragraph in the frequent issues, near the end of the first post: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=103681

Don't forget the fixes for 1.2!!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

The links seem to be down, is there another site that has EB 1.2 up?

There seems to be a problem at the side of the host, the backups are in place but it can take a while until all works again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

XSamatan
    Last edited by XSamatan; 04-09-2011 at 20:11.

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Website back online. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

I know this is a really stupid question but if I do update to 1.2 will my old game files become unplayable.
    Thx!

It is not a stupid question but the answer is on the first page and it says no, 1.2 is not savegame-compatible to 1.1

XSamatan

Great work people, the mod is awsome!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast