Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progress of EB2

Default Re: Progress of EB2

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    2) The team doesn't know how long it will take or how far they are. They are probably still busy concepting units, factions and features. You can't calculate how far you are if you don't know what the endpoint is. Also, EB is a big, complex project, which means that things go wrong and thus delay release. Finally, it is a volunteer project, so it's hard to say how much hours will be put in next week, let alone next month.
    thats all I wanted to know, what they were working on, not how long it was going to take or when it will be released
    "An army of Sheep led by a Lion will always defeat an army of Lions led by a Sheep"
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    "War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left."
    "In order to test a man's strength of character, do not give him adversity, for any man can handle adversity, but instead give him POWER.
    -Abraham Lincoln
    "A man once asked me who my grandfather was. I told him I didn't know who he was, and didn't care. I cared more about who his grandson will be."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Dude, there are so many different EB members all specified within different fields, they can't just decide that "okay, this week we're gonna work on scripting", because then 90% of their guys would have nothing to do.
    They work when they can and with what they can, that's what voluntary work is all about.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

I thought concepts really didnt have to be worked on since u guys had a whole game of 'em in EB1... :P
    Last edited by Boyar Son; 12-24-2008 at 06:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son View Post
    I thought concepts really didnt have to be worked on since u guys had a whole game of 'em in EB1... :P
    Kingdoms will allow us to do a number of things in EB2 that we would have liked to have done EB1, but couldn't. These include some rather basic game mechanics concepts, which means a lot of things need to be redesigned from the bottom up.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

There's a saying in Sweden that goes "Den som väntar på något gott, väntar aldrig för länge" which can be translated into "The wait for something good can never be too long". I will wait for the release or cancellation of EBII, and until then I will play EB1
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Quote Originally Posted by Atilius View Post
    Kingdoms will allow us to do a number of things in EB2 that we would have liked to have done EB1, but couldn't. These include some rather basic game mechanics concepts, which means a lot of things need to be redesigned from the bottom up.
    ah, thanks.

Wink Re: Progress of EB2

I'll be patiently waiting as long as it needs. I know that one day I'll log in to find the announcement that EBII has been released. Ant then I'll maybe get a spontaneuos erection and surely start downloading right away. If it's in 2010 or even 2011, no problem. EB 1.2 with all those sub-mods is VERY challenging for me, and still an endless source of fun!!!
    Thank you EB guys for all the work and time you're pouring into this titanic project!
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Take your time EB II Team. The better game we get the happier we will be.
    Better blown away the first time i play EBII Then get it now and get an EB II with Feudal Knights in my Republican Army.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Better blown away the first time i play EBII Then get it now and get an EB II with Feudal Knights in my Republican Army.
    do you realize how BADASS that would be?!?
    "An army of Sheep led by a Lion will always defeat an army of Lions led by a Sheep"
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    "War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left."
    "In order to test a man's strength of character, do not give him adversity, for any man can handle adversity, but instead give him POWER.
    -Abraham Lincoln
    "A man once asked me who my grandfather was. I told him I didn't know who he was, and didn't care. I cared more about who his grandson will be."
    -Abraham Lincoln

All I'm going to add is that if the world ends in apocalyptic Mayan shenanigans before EBII is released, I'm gonna be pissed.

Besides that... *shrugs* I know how mods are developed so keep up the good work and looking forward to the end product. :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    All I'm going to add is that if the world ends in apocalyptic Mayan shenanigans before EBII is released, I'm gonna be pissed.

Besides that... *shrugs* I know how mods are developed so keep up the good work and looking forward to the end product. :)

Hey! It's not just shenanigans! Nostradamus predicted it too! However, for the Mayans it doesn't represent the end of the world, but the end of an era, I think it has already happened something like 4 times or whatever.

Anyways, I agree with that Swedish proverb, seeing as how I recently discovered EB (The wealth of historical information is incredible, right up my alley), I feel it'll keep me busy in the years to come whilst I try to scrounge up the money for upgrading to M2/(In the future) EB II.

So yeah, take your time EB team (Although the most likely occurance is that these guys are going to do their own thing regardless of what we say here), better to wait 3 years, and have the anticipation met with enjoyment, than to wait 2 months, be disappointed, and then wait 3 years anyways while the programmers patch and improve.
    "You must know, then, that there are two methods of fight, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts; but as the first method is often insufficient, one must have recourse to the second. It is therefore necessary for a prince to know well how to use both the beast and the man.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

AARs:
    The Aeduic War: A Casse Mini AAR
    The Kings of Land's End: A Lusitani AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son
    There are also faction changes that would have to be redone considering the sources were contrived. But things do seem to be on track with Power2the1 redoing the Gaesatae and most likely other 'Celtic' units to make them historical.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

men, believe me to mod a game sometimes is much harder than to make a game.
    I spent more than 2 hours so as just to import a unit to another faction that do not have that unit.
    I did manage to recruit that unit but after I changed EDU and EDB I got tired of persistant CDTs.
    So I leave EDU and EDB alone.

Believe me, data files do not like one who touches them

I am sure that the team can release EB2 even this week but are trying not to make a disappoinment.
    So I am sure that you can wait more for a complete one later rather than a buggy an CTDied one earlier.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Surely with near 3 months under our belts another Stele is in the works?

What would you prefer, MAA spending 5 hours setting up an Stele or spending 5 hours creating EBII?
    Last edited by General Appo; 01-23-2009 at 20:19.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Blog Entries

Both, and not sleeping for 24 hours.

What a silly question! Of course I would rather have him work on a stele!

A stele would give us something to discuss for days or even weeks, and if the cost is getting EB II 5 hours late(), then so be it.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    What would you prefer, MAA spending 5 hours setting up an Stele or spending 5 hours creating EBII?
    Foot actually does the work on the Steles.

Yeah, well...you get the point.
    The Appomination

Question Re: Progress of EB2

What point?

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

The end of a pencil.

But seriously people, stop asking for Steles. Are 7 not enough for now? Don't answer that.
    Last edited by Strategos Alexandros; 01-24-2009 at 20:33.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

I demand a new stele! NOW!

I'll cry if I don't get it.
    Last edited by A Terribly Harmful Name; 01-24-2009 at 22:04.

Exclamation Re: Progress of EB2

Quote Originally Posted by Strat Alex or somethin along those lines
    But seriously people, stop asking for Steles. Are 7 not enough for now? Don't answer that.
    Are you accusing me of being involved in this?
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 01-25-2009 at 06:56. Reason: Proclamations follow accusations.

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

I may be. Where did the Megas come from?

Edit: Oudysseos, you do have a point there. I should really read my posts before I make them.
    Last edited by Strategos Alexandros; 01-25-2009 at 21:05.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

You know, spam is not nearly as amusing as you think it is when you post it.
    οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
    Even as are the generations of leaves, such are the lives of men.
    Glaucus, son of Hippolochus, Illiad, 6.146

Exclamation Re: Progress of EB2

Stop spamming, Odysseos. It's not so amusing as you think it is when you post it.

Anyways, to sum up this thread, EB2 is a game being made by volounteers who work on it during their own free time with no pay, and who follow no contract or have no set goals in terms of time as to when it should be finished. Stop harrassing the EB Team about how much longer this game'll take. It could take a couple years, or a couple decades.

Let's leave it at that.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oudysseos View Post
    You know, spam is not nearly as amusing as you think it is when you post it.
    deafman's ears man, deafman's ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post
    Stop spamming, Odysseos. [...] Stop harrassing the EB Team

Blog Entries

Hehe, that's rich coming from Meth.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

...spam thread...
    ...closed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12