Thread: Video Card

Philologist Senior Member ajaxfetish's Avatar

Default Video Card

So, my computer seems to have stopped playing dvd's recently. I'm not sure of the source of the problem, but I think it might be that my video card drivers are out-of-date. The thing is, I don't remember exactly what card my computer came with, so I don't know what new drivers to download. I've tried searching through control panel and so forth, but I can't seem to figure it out. Where can I look to find the name of my video card?

Ajax

"I do not yet know how chivalry will fare in these calamitous times of ours." --- Don Quixote
    "I have no words, my voice is in my sword." --- Shakespeare
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." --- Jack Handey

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Default Re: Video Card

Video drivers shouldn't affect DVD playback, or at least I don't think so.

Are you sure that the DVD is fine and that the drive is fine too?

If they both are, I dunno, what error comes up? or what seems to occur?

As for finding the videocard,

1)right click on my computers
    2)go to properties
    3)go to hardware tab
    4)click device manager
    5)expand display adapters

Or there are GPU tweaking programs that will tell you what you have, but you'll need to know whether your card is ATI or Nvidia first. I guess you can search through add&remove programs too alternatively and see what kind of drivers you have
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton