Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curia

the universal person Member everyone's Avatar

Default Re: BtSH Senate

The horseman nods
    "very well, I shall ride ahead of you and inform Dux Asina of you"
    The horsemen then places the helmet he was holding over his head, exits the chambers, mount his horse a rides south.

Finally, with a blessing of strength from the Gods the Emperor returns to the senate

"Young Tribunus Regvlvs, let me also extend my welcome. Unfortunately, I believe our greetings will be short lived. Although, my son Blasio is ready to rule so I do not worry. *He coughs harshly* I will say that yes, it is indeed wise that you server our your time as a Tribunus with Dux Asina. He is a wise commander and has already proven himself true and tactically capable. I bid you good luck on your departure south and in battle as well."

With another painful cough, a servant attempts to lend a hand to him but is shaken off. The Emperor rises slowly and walks out once more...
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-27-2008 at 08:49.
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

The senate Chamber's doors open, Cnaevs Cornlivs Scipio Asina walks into the room with a confident stride, though still panting; he looks similar to the previous time he left, except for a few light scars; he was still as bald, and his beard neatly trimmed; dressed in his senatorial clothing.

"Fellow Senatores, our noble Imperii Heres Electus (OOC: the Dictator isn't in the senate chamber right?); I bring word that our Legio I Apulia under my command has liberated Rhegion from the traitorous Legion sent there a couple of years back; their commander, Avlvs Decivs Ivbellius and his commanding officers have been captured and are being punished; the good name of Rome has been restored, so far as possible, among our allies."

Asina then takes out a few pieces of parchment and arranged them, and hands it over to the Imperii Heres Electus.

"sir, this is the report I have made regarding the assault"

with that, Asina bows and awaits further orders

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    since Asina is an optimist, I won't make him mention that many were killed
    Last edited by everyone; 12-27-2008 at 14:21.

Heres Blasio rises...

"Dux Asina, my father sends his regards and commemorates your victory. His only order is that you declare whether or not you believe your second in command Tribunus Cotta is ready to gain the title of Legatus and is finished with his training. If you feel he is ready, announce your decision."

Blasio stares sharp into Asina's eyes and awaits an answer...
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-27-2008 at 15:56.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

"Yes, I declare that Tribunus Cotta is done with his training, he has done an excellent job while being the 2nd-in-command of Legio I Apulia; he is ready to gain the title of Legatus."

OOC: actually I didn't know I had to declare, I had assumed that the Emperor/Dictator would decide
    Last edited by everyone; 04-15-2009 at 15:18.

"Then by the power of my father, and this senate, I here by declare that Tribunus Cotta is now to be titled Legatus Cotta. When resources permit it, a new legion will be put together under his command."
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Asina nods
    "Yes, sir, I shall deliver the news to Legatus Cotta; him, Tribunus Regvlvs and I would return to this Senate Chamber the following year for the Congressional Session."
    Asina then takes a step back to await any further orders before leaving the chambers.
    Last edited by everyone; 12-29-2008 at 08:10.

Dux and Strategos Member Potocello's Avatar

Servivs Sempronivs Longvs enters the Senate chambers for the first time, slightly trembling, he looks upon other men...

"Greetings Senators, I have lived in Roma for quite some time now and as of the past few years, i have become rather restless. As a Tribvnvs i desire the chance to prove myself on the battlefield, and under the command of one of you, I think I could do this well. I would follow you loyally and i am ready do die at your side for the glory of Roma!
    I am currently in Roma and am ready to move any location necessary."

Servivs stands there awkwardly, waiting for an answer
    Last edited by Potocello; 12-30-2008 at 08:07.
    "Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie"
    - from Tiberius Claudius Marcellus

Look out for the upcoming PBM! Get ready to defend your tribe from both external and internal rivals!

(OOC: since Asina's still on his way to Roma, this guy is an officer from Legio I Apulia who just happened to be in Roma, checking the senate for anything Asina needs to know)

A man, who has been sitting inconspicuously in a corner for the past few hours stands up, he is still wearing the military attire of an officer, though his left shoulder is bandaged

Hail, tribunus. I am Prefect Cato; some here may have met me before, if not let me introduce myself as a senior officer in Legio I Apulia, currently stationed in Roma; I've come on behalf of Dux Asina who is on his way to Roma right now. He has requested that I accept the next tribunus to volunteer himself to serve in a legion as Legio I Apulia has an empty post for another Tribunus.

If you accept this invitation from Dux Asina, you would join Legio I Apulia and we shall set off to wherever the dictator would order us the following year.

I shall pass your reply to Dux Asina once he reaches Roma in autumn.
    Last edited by everyone; 12-30-2008 at 11:07.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Legatus Cotta stands. He had only just arrived, and had cut short afew small conversations of congratulations and the like to speak.

Heres Electus and members of the Senate,

As you are aware the new legion has its commander, but it's commander has yet to have his Tribunes. In polite debate with Dux Asina and Prefect Cato, I would also like to extend my offer of a Tribune posting in the new legion. I am looking for two senior Tribunes, thus all applications will be considered and two will be chosen. I ask any assembled Tribunes to make themselves known and I will consider their applications immediately.

Thank you.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Upon hearing the offer from Legatvs Cotta, Tribvnvs Nero arose from his seat and cleared his throat

I acknowledge your offer and hereby apply for the newly formed legion. I have ample military experience within the Legion I served faithfully for and am eager for more experience in a commanding role.

I will be posted in the army fort located north of Roma, up the river. If I am not here you will find me there.

Cotta stands to answer.

Thank you, Tribune Nero. Your application will be taken to note, but please be aware the final decision will only occur once the legion is formed.
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

I fully understand and thank you and Dux Asina.

The junior Senator from the Gens Aemilia, Caivs Aemilivs Mamercvs, stands.

The Aemilii have a always supported the Republic with our swords. Should an officer opening become available in any Legions I would gladly put myself forward as a candidate to help expand the Republic's borders.

My AAR: Basileion Bosphorou: a Tale of the Pontos Euxeinos

Tribvnvs Caivs Aemilivs Mamercvs - BtSH

Strategos Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes - WotB

From Antinous:

Cotta nods to the young tribune.

I appreciate both of your enthusiasm, and thank you both for volunteering. If you both feel the same come the approach of the new legions completion, you will have places reserved for each of you.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

"I here by declare the second Congressional Council open! It will remain open for debate and legislation until January 2, 2009 at 9pm Pacific GMT; at which point there will be 48 hours allotted for voting."
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-31-2008 at 05:59.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

The Emperor enters the room feeling much better then usual...

"Good senators, the God's have blessed me with a full nights rest and I am again able to take the floor. However, my time as Emperor has beat me to the core. It is time to decide the Consul's. Now as only one Dux is present, he points to Dux Asina, I will simply name him Consul of the Legion's. You have served well in combat and I feel you can bare this title. I will continue as the current Consul of Finance.

Now:
    I will propose some legislation.

CA 2.1: That the following changes be made to the rank of Quaestor.

Quaestor
    Requirements: Must be at one point the owner of a Provincial Dictatorship Must get 12 'battle points' (Rule 2.5)
    Influence: 2 + 1 Stat Influence
    Powers:
    (1) Can propose two Edict/Charter Amendment per 'Congressional' Session.
    (2) Can lead an army of max 12 units unless it is an Imperial Legion.
    (3) Can have 2 units of their choice as their Bodyguard Army. These Units must be available in the region where the general was in the time he got this rank. These units can not be disbanded nor can they be removed from the Player by the Dictator.
    (4) Can be granted a Provincial Dictatorship.
    (5) Can form a Family/House
    Changes are in Bold

CA 2.2: That the following changes be made to the rank of Praetor.

Praetor
    Requirements: Must get 20 'battle points', Must vote in at least 2 'Congressional' Sessions.
    Influence: 2 + 1 Stat Influence
    Powers:
    (1) Can lead an army of max 14 units unless it is an Imperial Legion
    (2) Can be granted a Provincial Dictatorship.
    (3) Can propose two Edicts/Charter Amendments per 'Council' Session.
    (4) May sponsor a House/Family of he wishes
    Changes are in Bold

CA 2.3: That the new rank of Aedile be added to the Charter.

Here are the ranks attributes:

Aedile
    Requirements: Must have at least 1 Managements stat-point and appointed to this rank by the Consul of Finance.
    Influence: 1
    Powers:
    (1) With this rank one settlement is given to the player to govern.
    (2) Can set the build queue and tax rate for their settlement under their control.
    Can destroy any building in their settlement under their control.
    (3) Can propose one Edict/Charter Amendment per 'Congressional' Session.
    (4) Can lead a legion of max 10 units unless it is an Imperial Legion.
    Penalties:
    (1) This rank is always tied with the settlement they have received. Once the player has left from the province of that settlement he will loose this rank automatically.

And finally...
    Edict 2.1: That the commissioning of Legio II Latium be proclaimed.
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-31-2008 at 11:30.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Dux and Strategos Member Potocello's Avatar

Servivs Longvs smiles graciously at Prefect Cato for making the offer and says

"Prefect Cato, i gladly accept your offer to serve under Dux Asina as his next Tribvnvs."

Servivs bows slightly to the senators and sits
    Last edited by Potocello; 12-31-2008 at 06:20.
    "Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie"
    - from Tiberius Claudius Marcellus

Look out for the upcoming PBM! Get ready to defend your tribe from both external and internal rivals!

I second edict 2.1

I will listen to the arguments put forth against the Charter Addendums and then form an opinion.

Fellow Senators it gladdens me to see the military of our glorious Republic being enlarged so, but now we must decide at which target to aim the Roman spear. To the north lays the barbarian Gauls and their Celtic allies, to the south our rival Carthage is growing stronger, and to the east our bitter enemy Pyrrhus of Epirus still holds sway. Which of these dangers should be dealt with first and in what manner, I will leave to older and more experienced Senators but it does need to be addressed.

From Antinous:

Legatus Cotta stands

Honourable Senators and Dictator,

As so recently promoted to the rank of Legatus that I am, I will of course straight away second the Edict 2.1.

Now, in response, or indeed continuation of Senator Mjornir, I would like to propose the expansion of our great nation. The city of Roma has always proclaimed and proven its superiority in land forces, in its army and the strength of its glorious legions. Now is the time to prove it further.

It is not so many years since we faced the constant threat of invasion from the north. For decades we were playthings of the Celts. Rome does not forigve or forget, gentlemen. I propose we strike north, to punish those who left us for dead, and to unite our glorious country under the leadership of a single nation. Rome.

For those of you who speak of the unresolved question of Phyrros, or the rising power of Carthage, allow me to speak my mind on these. Phyross is a dying breed; a last desperate attempt by a nation who has exhausted itself by travelling to the ends of the earth to keep its place in history. I assure you, great senators, history is exactly what they are. The Epirites have now failed twice to expand in Italia, and now have been pushed away by an alliance of Rome and Carthage. Phyross hides in his mountain country, taking his anger and frustration out on that penisular. He is no longer a threat to us. There will come a time in the future when we will repay him for the damage he has caused, but today there is no need.
    And Carthage? Although we have our differences, we are still in a loose alliance with them. DOes that count for nothing nowadays. Of course, if one day their power threatens ours, we may have to solve our differences, but first we must prove our power. How can we be seen as powerful when we cannot control the whole of our own country?

Thus, grand senators, I propose Edict 2.2. March north with Legio I Apulia and Legio II Latium with the objective of uniting Italia under Roma. If fully successful, Roma will control all the land from Bruttium to the Alps.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Dux Asina enters the senate chambers; after conversing with Prefect Cato for a while, Asina nods his head and the prefect leaves the senate chamber.
    He then stands up, facing Tribunus Servivs.

"Tribunus Servivs, Prefect Cato had informed me that you accept the invitation for an open officer post in the Legio I Apulia, I accept your application; you may join the legion after this congressional session. I shall forward more instructions once I receive them from the Dictator or the Heres."

Asina turns to the Emperor

"Sir, thank you for my appointment as Consul of the Legions, I shall ensure the Republic legions shall not falter. However I would like to inquire on the change to the Quaestor rank, what are the requirements of being granted a provincial dictatorship? If only a Quaestor may be granted a prov. dictatorship; how does one become a quaestor in the first place? And if one needs to be a Prov. Dictator to become a Quaestor, does a Quaestor come with all the powers and influence of a Prov. Dictator?"

Asina turns to the rest of the Senate

"and I would like to propose this Charter Ammendment 2.4 with my rank as a Dux:

Quote Originally Posted by CA 2.4
    4.2 Standard Legions
    Regular Armies consist of a minimum of 5 infantry cohorts, 2 ranged and 1 cavalry cohort.
    (changes in bold)
    This is because, I have found that without sufficient coforts of infantry and a relative abundance of cavalry, Legio I Apulia took rather high casualties from the assault on Rhegion. Also, I believe the bodyguard of the Generals and his deputies are enough to handle the job.

OOC: also, it's for more historically accuracy, because Rome had infantry-based armies with a small amount of cavalry compared to infantry; if you count the bodyguard units of the generals, it would make the amount of cavalry almost the same as infantry (4 units of cavalry (2 generals+2 cavalry) and 4 units of infantry)

edit (add on, since Baen posted before I completed my post):

Asina turns to Cotta

"Ah, Legatus Cotta I second your Edict 2.2, with the two legions together, we are sure to be able to defeat the huge yet undisciplined armies of Liguria and Aemilia"

OOC again: we should also bold the sentences which we say we second an edict/CA and propose one.
    Last edited by everyone; 12-31-2008 at 11:00.

Thank you, Consul. I also second your Charter Ammendment. We have a history of infantry armies, we have shown they work well. Let this continue.
    Last edited by /Bean\; 12-31-2008 at 11:13.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Tribunus Mamercus listens thoughtfully to Legatus Cotta's speech and then stands to lend his support.

Legatus Cotta's words are wise, let us finish what we have started here in Italia. I too second Edict 2.2.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 12-31-2008 at 09:51.

From Antinous:

I second your Charter Amendment as well my good friend. We shall see many new foot soldiers in years to come.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

"Thank you Emperor Denatvs; however I am still confused over the particular matter about the Quaestor and Provincial Dictator thing; could you possibly clarify, thank you."

Asina remains standing

"Very well, a Quaestor, must have a Provincial Dictatorship. If it is taken from him for any reason, he remains Quaestor. But to achieve the rank he simply has to prove both military and governing skill. This is the only reason he must at least be a Provincial Dicator at one time. Is this what you are asking?"

OOC: If you look i have now made this change in my proposed CA
    Last edited by navarro951; 12-31-2008 at 11:31.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Ah yes, thank you.

OOC: I think you should also put that line in the FAQ

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Qvintvs Fabivs Licinvs walks into the Senate..

Senators,

I hear you are talking over our next targets. You say that we must take the lands of barbarians in north of us. And looks like you want to do this only with 2 Legions? I've heard that they have these naked warriors, Gaesatae, who can not be killed. I've also heard that they are taller and stronger than normal men. Also, they have plenty of them in their ranks. You really want to go against them now??

I think if we want to expand then we should expand to either Sicily or Greece. Sicily is a rich land and Syracuse have been a pain in our ass a long time. The same goes to Greece.

Qvintvs takes his seat after this rather long speech..

The Dictator rises..

"Good senators, we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let us not forget the pact and truce we have to not cross into Sicilia. My plans are to take the independent nations on our northern borders and keep the peace with the barbarians for now. Taking these cities will be tough enough and after this is done we will discuss what will become of the Epirotes and Sicilia."
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast