Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091
Results 2,701 to 2,719 of 2719

Thread: OOC Thread and Chatroom

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Default Re: OOC Thread and Chatroom

Does being Tribune of the plebs mean I can't participate in battles at all, or just cant I just not lead units?
    and did we just go from mindless arguements to no discussion at all? I wonder which is worse.....
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 04-25-2009 at 18:37.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Drizzt fan View Post
    Does being Tribune of the plebs mean I can't participate in battles at all, or just cant I just not lead units?
    and did we just go from mindless arguements to no discussion at all? I wonder which is worse.....
    no you cannot lead, but can lead a defense or participate. and idk the discussion has died down.

ALSO IT IS MY MOTHERS BIRTHDAY SO BEAN WHEN YOU TAKE THE SAVE, THE UNITS I AM RETRAINING SHOULD ALREADY HAVE THEIR MOVES SET, IF NOT THEN MOVE THEM. I WILL BE A BIT INACTIVE TODAY.
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Buy her a bottle of wine from me. Happy birthday Mrs Navarro's mum, you don't look a day over 33.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Okay im closing the save we need to have a quick discussion but i dont want to necessarily emergency council unless absolutely neccesary.

I need a few things:

1. Who is still playing and will continue to play? If you guys have seen our players in other threads but not so active here let me know, and try to reach them.

2. We need a commander for Legio III.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

SwissBarbar has officially quit, and won't be coming back. Therefore we need a new commander for Legio II as well.

But to be quite frank, Navarro, I truely think unless we can get some solid and immediate new interest in this game, we may have to cut our losses. Its been fun, interesting and a great first PBM experience for me, but at the moment its spiralling down and down, and its getting to be less and less enjoyable until I'm afraid it will eventually get a hassle to continue. I don't want to reach the stage when I have to quit because it's so uninteresting its no longer worth it. We either need to revitalise it completely, or end it before its gets really bad.

What does everyone reckon?
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Beanerz View Post
    SwissBarbar has officially quit, and won't be coming back. Therefore we need a new commander for Legio II as well.

But to be quite frank, Navarro, I truely think unless we can get some solid and immediate new interest in this game, we may have to cut our losses. Its been fun, interesting and a great first PBM experience for me, but at the moment its spiralling down and down, and its getting to be less and less enjoyable until I'm afraid it will eventually get a hassle to continue. I don't want to reach the stage when I have to quit because it's so uninteresting its no longer worth it. We either need to revitalise it completely, or end it before its gets really bad.

What does everyone reckon?
    well the reason i asked the question is for that reason exactly it appears to me the same. So here is what will happen, i will leave a poll open for 48 hours, depending on the votes (or lack of votes) i will close BtSH entirely.
    ~WotB~

~BtSH~

darn..... I would really hate it if this ended, but I can see where you are coming from there has been a huge downturn lately. frankly this sucks... Rome is one of my favorite factions and it seems like no one is intrested enough in it to keep this going... I am not sure what to say.
    you never know if I ever find the time I may just host a sweboz PBM, but I am just not sure its worth it lately.
    Micheal D'Anjou

A PBM is a massive commitment, and I respect that, Navarro. But to be honest I don't think you or any of us knew what we were getting into. It's pretty clear to me now that the Roman faction is going to be the hardest faction to successfully PBM, as it requires so much manpower and constant interest, due to the fact that posts empty and require refilling by new people all the time. Rome also grows the fastest and has the most possibilities.

It was a fantastic few months, and thats how I'd like to remember it as. Maybe sometime in the future we can have another crack at it, more veteran and learned. I'd like to vote no and say we push for more players, but to be honest if that was possible it would have happened already. Therefore I am going to vote yes, and, if passed, I heartily thank Navarro especially and everybody else that has contributed for all their hard work and long hours put into making this PBM fun and enjoyable.

I'm going to devote my PBM time to The Vergina Sun for now, pick up as many tips and tricks to PBMing as I can, and then maybe one day we can come back and have another go. But stick around, everybody, I hope to continue playing with you all for some time yet.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Your probably right bean, its to bad though... this game had so much potential. but in the end the lack of new players was just too big of a issue. well at least I still have WOtB, and hopefully this will increase activity over there.
    if its over than it was a pleasure being your spy bean.
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 04-28-2009 at 02:33.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Hehe, its all out now int it. I want Mini to finally admit he was really the best friend of Mook's character. Too bad TCM left.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

I was no such thing :p

I was my own man!

I just tried to play both sides for my own gain ;-)

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

Spy? Hmm...
    Strikeout!

Oh yes, I recruited CDF when he first came into the game. He was a very loyal spy to me. I shall have to reward him in a future life, methinks.

Oh, and I nearly forgot. I think Navarro deserves the .Orgs form of Kudos for his cracking attempt at PBM hosting. Jolly good show, old chap. Thoruouglyoughly enjoyed it.

Last edited by /Bean\; 04-28-2009 at 22:16.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beanerz
    Oh yes, I recruited CDF when he first came into the game. He was a very loyal spy to me. I shall have to reward him in a future life, methinks.
    I knew it. I knew it all along! This Viking is FOOLPROOF!

, Yeah I was beans inside man, dont worry iskander and TCV, you guys were never my target. I was supposed to get in close with mooks and TCM, which I did. I was supposed to influence them to pass edicts that on the surface were anti-bean, but in reality were beans own wishes (that didnt work out so well, but hey you cant win them all). after that group kind of fell apart I was a bit of insurance against mini, heck if the game kept going on the plan was for me to get close to him, and find his angle. it was a ton of fun, and I thank bean for the opportunity .

and navarro thanks for a great game!
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 04-29-2009 at 00:08.
    Micheal D'Anjou

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

you would never have gotten to me *evil laugh*

true, but you are just one man! we are RES PUBLICA!!!!!
    nahh I actually didnt have exact orders to go after you, just thought it would be a good Idea. you know, in case.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beanerz View Post
    A PBM is a massive commitment, and I respect that, Navarro. But to be honest I don't think you or any of us knew what we were getting into. It's pretty clear to me now that the Roman faction is going to be the hardest faction to successfully PBM, as it requires so much manpower and constant interest, due to the fact that posts empty and require refilling by new people all the time. Rome also grows the fastest and has the most possibilities.

It was a fantastic few months, and thats how I'd like to remember it as. Maybe sometime in the future we can have another crack at it, more veteran and learned. I'd like to vote no and say we push for more players, but to be honest if that was possible it would have happened already. Therefore I am going to vote yes, and, if passed, I heartily thank Navarro especially and everybody else that has contributed for all their hard work and long hours put into making this PBM fun and enjoyable.

I'm going to devote my PBM time to The Vergina Sun for now, pick up as many tips and tricks to PBMing as I can, and then maybe one day we can come back and have another go. But stick around, everybody, I hope to continue playing with you all for some time yet.
    My sentiments exactly.

Im part of the problem though. When I started I had lots of free time, now all my mornings are filled with school and after that is various stuff. I am actually considering attempting to become a US army ranger after high school, and doing constant workouts. By the time I get home im exhausted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

Thats understandable. Its always far more important to pursue your RL dreams rather than games. The annoying this is that its difficult to simply replace unique players when we have so few frequent users.
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091