Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pezhetairoi unavailable for Epeiros?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: Pezhetairoi unavailable for Epeiros?

Heck, the way most period military traditions' "standard kit" seems to read out, the shield-javelin-sword/fighting-spear combo was as ubiquitous infantry arms set as the musket-bayonet-sword combo in the 1700s AD... the Romans copied it off their various enemies, after all.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Default Re: Pezhetairoi unavailable for Epeiros?

Well, I never said there were 'imitation' legionaries, or maybe I didn't make myself clear. There where soldiers armed in the 'Roman' fashion, retaining Greek tactics and equipment.

Maion
    ~Maion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12