Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The True Cost of Empire

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The True Cost of Empire

Yeah it isnt great, thats for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

build yourself tom....most parts are plug and play...vidio cards,memory and cpu are easy to swap out...after 4 comps for TW am learnin....would find a good 1gb vid card..they can be had up here for 130$ and are easy to swap out....next would upgrade memory....l have 2gb of 800mhz...figured out the higher the mhz the faster things are processed,,,picked that up for 40 bucks..on hindsight shoulda went with the 1300mhz..lesson learned...
    am running my system on a 2.2 AMD athlon..runs fines...large mulis online will lag but all else runs not bad but need to update my cpu processor...asked and its plug and play as well so its something l or you can do...you should be able to update and have good system for under 600 bucks...just do yourself...l generally buy my stuff through here...is about cheapest up here...may be able to find in states cheaper

Memory l got...cheap

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...19221(ME).aspx

memory l shoulda bought....

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...19942(ME).aspx

the higher the mhz the faster infos processed...believe min is 800mhz for game..get as high mhz as you can afford..future games

vid card

just picked up a 1 gb....dont buy a 512..get 1 gb..not much more and will serve ya for future games
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...22522(ME).aspx

cpu...get as best as ya can...also note if you do swap it out may need to upgrade power supply 100-200$ and swap and play
    AMD has some good deals...would be eyeballin them and trying to find something around 3 ghz...is one for about 300..good investment for future games

Power....boxs...easly swaped out
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...)/Default.aspx

so say you spend

$300 processor
    $100 memory
    $130 vid card
    $150 power
    680$

all this stuff is easly swaped out and installed...chances are you can knock 100-150 $ of that price in states

let me know if ya need hand...imagine theres lots of folks in the know that may be able to elaberate some more on this stuff...os all basic stuff and easy to do...
    l mean realy l do it
    Last edited by CanCritter; 03-25-2009 at 17:44.

Another advocate for build your own am I. When ETW came out I was running what was fairly top of the line 4 years ago-this was the 3rd game that I could barely run so I gave in and upgraded a good portion of the machine(ok, the whole thing really).

I spent just over 300 dollars on hardware: a very nice and lasting ASUS MB, the low end 2.5Mhz dual core, some 4 gigs of 667mhz memory, an xfx 9500GT and a sata drive. No it's not that impressive but it runs ETW very well and smashes DoW2( I haven't tried Warhammer Online on it yet, I may not...). In addition I can get at least 3 years out of this motherboard by upgrading other parts.

When you build your own machine, a remarkably easy thing to do, the expenditures of playing PC games becomes equivalent to keeping up with a console rig.
    Last edited by Postino; 03-30-2009 at 06:18.
    Standing up for the rights of gay spies everywhere.

found this site....even cheaper yet...havent bought from here yet but probally will when l update processor
    http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=CPU
    found a few good canadian sites as well...this is even cheaper than l thought l could find..is a US site

Quote Originally Posted by KozaK13 View Post
    Thank you for the advice Belgolas.

Damn internet...is it true that Britain is behind the rest of the west asfar as internet goes? And will steam cancel this out as it may be as good as somepeople seem to make it out to be?
    And coming behind Britain is the Republic. :( Steam is a blessing and a curse really, more of a curse with my woeful 3G modem.

Anyway the game was running quite fine on my 2.4 Dualcore, 8600 GT 2gig RAM before I upgraded a bit.
    As someone else said. If you're building your own, or even getting someone to put it together for you, best bet is to invest the highes ratio of cash in the motherboard.

if you added memory and it wasnt same could cause issues...was warned not to mix diffrent makes of memory...for those like me that didnt know

I've mixed memory on two occasions, no difficulties.
    Standing up for the rights of gay spies everywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12