Hi,

I've been loading various custom battles in both RTW and MTW2 for comparison (both gold editions + expansions i have just purchased) and i've noticed that while Rome lacks the range of melee animations of MTW2 the units remain in closer proximity during bloodletting quickly filling the gaps of the fallen. This is cool.

To contrast MTW2 melee's are more disjointed affairs with some serious silliness concerning the guys at the rear who instead of creeping forward within range of the next foe remain in an appropriate attack stance but meander out of range behind the very front line (which thins with other warriors behaving similarly as the melee continues). I'm speaking here of sword and shield guys most of all. The standard spearman type units don't seem as affected. It happens in Rome aswell but not to quite the extent of MTW2.

There is also the perhaps related issue of collision detection (perhaps not the right term). What i mean is that rarely do weapons actually make contact with an enemy; even with killing blows and concerning the 'fatality' style kills it just looks bad. Surely there must be some mods that address this proximity issue?

Also, charging cavalry in MTW2 are still problematic. What happened to crashing through an enemy line retaining some momentum? In Rome, cavalry plow through appropriate units (say, archers) but in MTW2 they routinely stop as soon as they make contact.

This is most disappointing.

Rome's patches certainly improved the combat with each release but as i've only had MTW2 Gold (includes Kingdoms) for a week or so and formerly had only MTW2 1.2 to go on (i haven't played a total War game for at least a year) i'm a little perplexed as to why, despite Gold's auto patched goodness, this battle mode 'clunk' persists.

I've browsed the mods, tutorials and tips at both TWcenter and here but i can't find an 'unoffical community fix final' that i'm looking for.

If you can help address these issues please let me know.

:)