Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UESUGI - Way of the Sword and Bow

Default Re: UESUGI - Way of the Sword and Bow

Well done, Imagawa did you a favour in going with shimazu, look forward to the next one.

Default AW: UESUGI - Way of the Sword and Bow

Entertaining and nicely written as usual! Congratulations to your victory! Me too is looking forward to the next one.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Default Re: AW: UESUGI - Way of the Sword and Bow

Quote Originally Posted by patdj View Post
    Entertaining and nicely written as usual! Congratulations to your victory! Me too is looking forward to the next one.
    I`m glad you continue to be an avid fan of my work Patdj but I`m going to have to disappoint you if your waiting for another AAR. I`ve just joined a clan, The Round Table Knights, in preperation for playing the new Empire Total War when it comes out. Maybe in a few months time I`ll be able to ind some time to write another.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

So many corpses... I will have to try a campaign with large unit sizes some time.

It was also nice to see a sensible battle in Owari instead of the usual silliness caused by the AI not liking multiple bridges.

Anyway, nice campaign. Well done.

That geisha is out there. She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until you and all your heirs are dead.

Default AW: UESUGI - Way of the Sword and Bow

What a shame, Wishazu. Hopefully we will see each other in the Sengoku Jidai IH some time and you find some nostalgic moments to drop by at the Sword Dojo?

I never stray far from the Dojo my friend.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

Excellent campaign, Wishazu! I enjoyed reading it
    The purpose of a fish trap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the trap is forgotten. The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, the snare is forgotten. The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.

Great campaign. UESUGI were always my favourite!

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Default UESUGI - Way of the Sword and Bow

Yes.....well done. I see though that you will be quite still be quite busy with STW clan wars

Keep us posted...........
    High Plains Drifter

Member Member Servius Maxintius's Avatar

Yeah this is great i really enjoyed reading the stories about your campaigne with the oda and uesugi
    "timidi mater non flet"
    A cowards mother does not weep
    Latin proverb

Cheers Servius Maxintius! Welcome to the Sword Dojo. Do you play Shogun Total War yourself?

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

I used to but it broke (Children ) so i bought another one on ebay and when i got it it only worked on my labtop i played as the Green (I think Shimazu?) and purple(Hojo?) and unfortunatly my child was watching with a cup of water and kind of spilled all over my labtop so i only got a desktop. It seems like an very interesting game though, based on the internal strugglesbetween regional lords all vying for power in Japan, then the traders of Portugal, i think (if ive done my history) Spain, and England, but reading your little short journal intries has insprired to buy another labtop, i need to know something, but wasn't Oda Nobunaga the man who almost unified Japan but was killed by rebels then Hideyoshi succeded him and conquerd Japan?
    "timidi mater non flet"
    Latin proverb

Wishazu you should consider writing stories, you have a very incredible gift to write, i stayed up till 1:00 reading you "Journal"

<-----------Smiley agrees with me

<------------Ignore Mr. Nonsmiley he's just mad his girlfriend dumped him for a drunkard
    "timidi mater non flet"
    Latin proverb

I`m glad you enjoyed my Uesugi journal so much Servius and thanks for the compliment. Have you read the Oda journal? I personally think it is the better of the two. :) Also I was honoured to receive an award during the last Totalwar.Org awards "Ceremony" for the Oda campaign write up.

I don`t actually consider myself much of a writer though I`ll admit I probably have a decent enough imagination for it, being a successful writer requires other skills which I am sadly lacking. Saying that though, my girlfriend is currently writing a novel and I am her unofficial editor and proof reader lol.

If you get a new laptop or computer and Shogun, be sure to return here with your own tales of conquest. :)
    Last edited by Wishazu; 06-08-2009 at 17:24.

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

Thank you Wishazu, and btw you should continue writing more "Journals" there great!
    "timidi mater non flet"
    Latin proverb

Cheers mate, I unfortunately just don`t have the time for anymore Journals at the moment. Maybe in a few months time...

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

Lightbulb Re: UESUGI - Way of the Sword and Bow

Hopefully isn't the Oda Nobunaga the one who historically conquerd Japan, untill Akeichi Mitsuhide betrayed him and killed him, then in turn was killed by Hashiba Hideyoshi, who then attacked Korea, but was defeated by the Turtle Ships?
    "timidi mater non flet"
    Latin proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Servius Maxintius View Post
    Hopefully isn't the Oda Nobunaga the one who historically conquerd Japan, untill Akeichi Mitsuhide betrayed him and killed him, then in turn was killed by Hashiba Hideyoshi, who then attacked Korea, but was defeated by the Turtle Ships?
    Sorry about the delay in response here but I`m pretty sure you are correct mate.

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

Question Re: UESUGI - Way of the Sword and Bow

I hope so, I'll have to ask a Japenese historian.

By the way how do you take screenshots?
    "timidi mater non flet"
    Latin proverb

Depends on your key settings. Default would be F2, it saves a TGA pic file in the TGA folder of the game, and you'll probably have to convert it to JPEG. Other possibility is to press "Print Screen" on your keyboard, go to your picture editing prog, paste and save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Servius Maxintius View Post
    He was one of the so called "three great unifiers" also including Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Hashiba) and Tokugawa Ieyasu (who estabilished the Tokugawa Shogunate).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123