Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey Of The Hellenes

Default Re: Journey Of The Hellenes

And he's back!
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    And he's back!
    Ah I have yet to finish reading your epic piece! I will have to snap to it :)
    Quote Originally Posted by I of the Storm View Post
    Hooray!
    :nod:

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Wow, this is awesome. I always loved your AARs, Chirurgeon

Maion
    ~Maion

Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgeon View Post
    Ah I have yet to finish reading your epic piece! I will have to snap to it :)
    Do so! Anyway, let me know what you think of it--and the sequel. . .
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

*moves in; sets up camp; lays back and waits, ready to be spoiled by another good read by Chirurgeon*

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Nice Picture, promising title - looking forward to reading this
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Dux and Strategos Member Potocello's Avatar

woooo! im so excited!!!
    "Go and tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie"
    - from Tiberius Claudius Marcellus

Look out for the upcoming PBM! Get ready to defend your tribe from both external and internal rivals!

This is going to be great!

This is awesome.

My AAR: Basileion Bosphorou: a Tale of the Pontos Euxeinos

Tribvnvs Caivs Aemilivs Mamercvs - BtSH

Strategos Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes - WotB

From Antinous:

Chirurgeon is the only guy that can pull off this kind of stuff; posting one picture and a title and the audience goes WILD!!!

Good luck, Chirurgeon!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Now this is even more good news

There are so many great AARs going on the forums
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

Not Actually Greek... Member NickTheGreek's Avatar

All mighty Zeus!!!! Huzzah!!! I'm so happy, can you tell?
    Balloons! - - A Very Super Market, - Tiberius Claudius Marcellus, - Machinor

While you guys are waiting for this thing to get going...and for me to hammer it out...you may want to review the characters and events from the first 10-12 years of Iberia Rising. There is a lot of overlap that occurs in that AAR and this one. From a different perspective of course.

If the stories are going to overlap, then it seems the Hellenes involved are going to be from Emporion or be somehow asociated with it. Emporion in your Luso campaign saw quite a few changes: from independant to carthaginian, then conquered by arverni and finally added to Luso confederacy.

Anyway it's just my wild guess :)

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    Chirurgeon is the only guy that can pull off this kind of stuff; posting one picture and a title and the audience goes WILD!!!

Good luck, Chirurgeon!
    Indeed, he hasn't even posted the first chapter yet and has had more replies than most AARs get after five or six chapters!

I. The Nature of Poseidon

Emporion, Iberia
    272 BC
    My name is Nikea and I am the son of Dorus and my mother Hermine. We have lived here for over ten generations. Here in Emporion, on the Iberian Peninsula, we have prospered. Unlike our homeland of Phokaia we have suffered no war or other plight. Hundreds of years ago we fled our homeland. Our city was one of the greatest of the Ionian cities. The dispicable Persians wished to chain us to their suppresive powers and my ancestors resisted. Instead of shackles they chose freedom. First Massalia was founded and then people came here. One day I hope to return to the Metropolis and see what I have up to this point only known as legend. I hope to learn more about what happened to my ancestors so long ago.

There are five cities that we trade with extensively. Across the great gulf of the sea lies Massalia. This city is one of our most important partners in trade. Many goods come from the Aegean and find themselves in that city. The merchants my family represents, purchases these goods and brings them here or to other cities. The city of Arse to our south is an independent city that has a substantial population of Greeks. Smaller than us they rely on our shipments for many goods. The cities of Gadiz, Mastia, and Palma have been newer, and I might add lucrative, trading partners. They are part of the extensive network of colonies that stem from North Africa. The city of Kart-Hadast has planted many seeds across the lands and we are able to harvest some of their fruit for a great profit. Our most exotic goods come from these cities.

Spring will be here in a short time. Already the merchants are preparing their vessels. A fever has killed some of their men and I am off to talk to one of the chieftains of the Indegetii to recruit more laborers. They have a settlement a few miles north of the city. The roads are treacherous so we take a small sailing vessel. The Indegetii used to be nomadic in nature but since the establishment of Emporion they have made permanent settlements in the countryside. Although they keep their animals and other aspects of Nomadic life they have for the most part been content to settle down and grow annual crops. With coin in hand I find 60 men that are willing to work for the next year. The money they recieve will be most generous. Some have sailed...some have not. You always stay away from the men that have not. Posideons revenge will wrack their guts. They will expel fluids and be greatly incapicitated. Once they have proven themselves they will get better.
    The sea is a brutal beast. Last year alone we lost six trade vessels. Unfortunately, three of these were heavy with coin from Mastia. Victims of Posideons rage they lay at the bottom of the sea.
    Other issues have worried my father in particular. Far from here we have recieved word from some of the more distant trade ships of a great war ensuing in the Aegean. The great cities of Athens and Sparta have had armies march right up to their gates. The descendents of Alexander are again up to no good. Marching south they again wish to subdue our Greek brothers. The war is beginning to affect the trade with our homeland. Wars it seems is terrible for business.
    I arrive back in port just before a late winter squall moves in. The seas have been angry as of late. From far out I can see the great anvil shaped clouds approaching. The port hands and others are busy lashing their boats to whatever they can. Great waves crash into the rocks outside the harbor. For the most part the port is saved from damage. Another day at sea and I could have been smashed against the shore. There are only a few safe havens along the coast. You just have to hope you are near one when a storm blows in.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Good to read your AARs again. Waiting to see where this takes us.
    "Any port in a storm." ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Good to read your AARs again. Waiting to see where this takes us.
    "Any port in a storm." ... ?
    Thank you kind sir. Like i said you will see some familiar events and people at least early on in the AAR. I looked for that phrase you quoted but can't find it.

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

WOOT!!!!!!!
    (Gets down on knees and prays for thanks)

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Oh this is going to be good. But there goes my plan of doing a Massalian AAR, I guess I'll switch to doing a Bosporan one instead.

My AAR: Basileion Bosphorou: a Tale of the Pontos Euxeinos

Tribvnvs Caivs Aemilivs Mamercvs - BtSH

Strategos Bithys Nisaias Parthiakes - WotB

From Antinous:

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgeon View Post
    I looked for that phrase you quoted but can't find it.
    It's just an old saying. I was reminded of it when I read the last part of your chapter.
    Again, interesting start. I'm going to have to go back and reread you other AAR, I barely remember it...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    It's just an old saying. I was reminded of it when I read the last part of your chapter.
    Again, interesting start. I'm going to have to go back and reread you other AAR, I barely remember it...
    Thanks everyone and don't worry MAA you only have to re-read the first 10-15 years.

Very good nice start, i have the feeling this will become a very interesting AAR
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Oh this is going to be good. But there goes my plan of doing a Massalian AAR, I guess I'll switch to doing a Bosporan one instead.
    You could still do it. Other than the geography I am sure they will be very different. Either one sounds good :)

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Awesome start. The second master of AARs has returned to tell us another tale!
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Sorrry Chirurgeon, but I couldn't resist.

Good to see you are back. I see the beginning of another Chirurgeon masterpiece among masterpieces. Goog luck with the AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix27 View Post

Awesome start. The second master of AARs has returned to tell us another tale!
    Quote Originally Posted by julius_caesar_the_first View Post

Sorrry Chirurgeon, but I couldn't resist.

Good to see you are back. I see the beginning of another Chirurgeon masterpiece among masterpieces. Goog luck with the AAR.
    Thanks guys for the support. Update coming up!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast