Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Default Re: Left 4 Dead

How the hell do you do the Crownd achievement?!
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Run up to a witch (but don't touch her) and shoot her in the head with either shotgun as she is getting up. Shotgun pellet spread is a bit random and you have a pretty small margin for error with aiming, so auto-shotgun is probably best since it allows a follow-up if the first shot doesn't kill the witch.

BTW, do you have euro players in that Steam group?

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sure we have Euro players! At least, Aussies.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Aussies ain't exactly in the time zone I was looking for... I usually play around 1800-2100 GMT. Well, I guess I could join to see if there are enough peeps to play with. Until now I've mostly been playing with RL friends or occasionally in PUGs.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From tomorrow, my L4D campaign begins..

Got a 3v3 lan going now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Crandaeolon View Post
    Aussies ain't exactly in the time zone I was looking for... I usually play around 1800-2100 GMT. Well, I guess I could join to see if there are enough peeps to play with. Until now I've mostly been playing with RL friends or occasionally in PUGs.
    I'm somewhat in your timezone, just -1h. I joined the group, my name is Fappo. You'll find me around to play.

Blog Entries

I have it! I commence play when my friends leave tomorrow. MWHAHAHAH

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    You have to get every single shotgun pellet to hit her in the face, and shoot her as she's standing up as someone else pointed out. When you run up on her you'll have a few moments before she goes crazy and rushes at you, you'll have to use those moments to get your aim perfect. Even if your aim is perfect you can still miss, a single pellet might get a weird spread and mess up the shot. Because of this always try to kill her with Auto-shotty as it gives you the best and post powerful spread.

On Easy or Normal you can just stand behind her with a hunting rifle and shoot her in the back of the head, but on Advanced or Expert you need to take the shotgun route (she has too much health to snipe).
    Last edited by Monk; 02-28-2009 at 17:43.

Man I love crowning her with the shotty, but I can never do it with the auto snipe.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

To get crowned you actually need to just deliver a single, killing blow to her head, which means she could be 90% dead already when you do it as long as its your first shot.

Crowning her (not for the achvmnt but just to get her out of the way) is so second nature to me now that I don't even skip a beat, sometimes forget to tell terrified teammates that I'm about to do it, sometimes happens so fast they don't even realize she was dead or even there to begin with, and unfortunately so second nature that sometimes I go to do it and don't realize I'm not reloaded, have a weapon thats not a shotgun and I get of course pwnt and look like a tard.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    To get crowned you actually need to just deliver a single, killing blow to her head, which means she could be 90% dead already when you do it as long as its your first shot.

Crowning her (not for the achvmnt but just to get her out of the way) is so second nature to me now that I don't even skip a beat, sometimes forget to tell terrified teammates that I'm about to do it, sometimes happens so fast they don't even realize she was dead or even there to begin with, and unfortunately so second nature that sometimes I go to do it and don't realize I'm not reloaded, have a weapon thats not a shotgun and I get of course pwnt and look like a tard.
    I've still not pulled off a crown. My problem is I run up to her and shoot too soon, or too low, and always miss. I've come close a couple times but the achievement still eludes me.

Blog Entries

I got it accidentally yesterday, was trying for something else, crouched behind her, waited until she got up and shot, accidentally cr0wned her.

yeah i was good at killing her with the autoshot and one day i just happened to get the achievement, blind luck cuz it usually took me at least 3 shots

I just played versus for the first time today. This was probably just the team we were playing against, but I actually found that it was a lot easier than playing the regular game on advanced. Me, the other human player, and the two bots we were stuck with at the end (because the other two peopple left about 3/4 of the way through) actually made it through the entire campaign with out dying once. And I think we might actually have all escaped at the end (I'm not positive about one of the bots).

Is that a normal experience for versus? I was under the impression that it was kind of unlikely for the survivors to escape at the end.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 03-01-2009 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I just played versus for the first time today. This was probably just the team we were playing against, but I actually found that it was a lot easier than playing the regular game on advanced. Me, the other human player, and the two bots we were stuck with at the end (because the other two peopple left about 3/4 of the way through) actually made it through the entire campaign with out dying once. And I think we might actually have all escaped at the end (I'm not positive about one of the bots).

Is that a normal experience for versus? I was under the impression that it was kind of unlikely for the survivors to escape at the end.
    No, it's likely the team you were facing didn't know how to coordinate an ambush. When you run up against a team that does you can die five feet from the safe house...

We all had mics, which might have been a factor. I don't think was the case for the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    We all had mics, which might have been a factor. I don't think was the case for the other team.
    It's really all about positioning and timing as the infected. And map selection. No Mercy is absolutely devastating for survivors if they are facing a decent infected team, thanks to the entire campaign being one huge choke point.

Blood Harvest is kinda the same way, but it has a number of places for the survivors to "catch their breath" while the infected have to regroup for a future ambush spawn.

And don't get me started on ambush tanks.

Blog Entries

befriend me on steam so I have people to play with! Please! Steam ID: pevergreen

gotcha pev

I would dare say that in most of my games the safehouse is rather rare, no matter what side I'm on.

The constant dropping/joining does affect this a lot though, and when someone joins the bot may go idle for a second. It also depends on if everyone waits for their team to load at the start as survivors, some people just bolt off while a player is loading in and the teams not ready

I have noticed that NM1 is the bread and butter of any survivor group because its rather short and sweet and you can do okay if people will stay against the walls to avoid the 24 point hunter pounces. Quite frequently the winnder of a full campaign is the one who could get more people to the safehouse on the first level.

BH1 is the exact opposite. I hate being survivor there, the trees scare me, although having bots on that level is a bonus because they can see into the trees

Blog Entries

If you have just 2 people that can work together, the survivors have a much greater chance. I had a match yesterday against 2 teams of 2, they worked so well, covering each other and the other set of two if need be.

They got 4 survivors to the safehouse in all 5 levels of NM, including the finale. Not to say my team was bad...but they were.
    Last edited by pevergreen; 03-02-2009 at 04:10.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    If you have just 2 people that can work together, the survivors have a much greater chance. I had a match yesterday against 2 teams of 2, they worked so well, covering each other and the other set of two if need be.

They got 4 survivors to the safehouse in all 5 levels of NM, including the finale. Not to say my team was bad...but they were.
    I don't mind getting trashed. I enjoy playing the infected so much it's ridiculous.

Also I added you pever.

Blog Entries

Just had some fun with MRD. We lost, but we kept getting a really bad player...Wouldn't pick up health kits etc.

well we got screwed first round because we were 2 ppl short in game. So we wait, 2 ppls join, but the friend of the survivors are on the infected, so survivors kick their 4th so their friend can change teams, then they blitz out of the safe house without letting us get a 4th player, even though we waited on them. We pretty much lost by the difference of score in round one.

But we had to kick a couple guys in round 2 and 4 because they were doing some stupid stuff, like running off alone to the rear to chase smokers. One guy stopped in front of the saferoom when we were home free and had all the spawn spots covered, and he started to heal LOL even though you get score points for your health pack. We still made it, but we had to suffer through another round of hunters and a boomer.

Both servers were exeptionally laggy for me, i'm rather ashamed of my performance except as the tank in BH4 where I learned that patience pays off

Blog Entries

I enjoyed my "Make the best of the worst" performance as the tank on BH 5. They all ran outside, so I jumped into the bedroom and scored some (I thought) pretty amazing rock throws from inside.

I've been told (and I believe it) that I'm a survivor, not an infected.

You got your socks rocked tonight Pever :d
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Blog Entries

I blame the two pubbies

Nah, it was partly lag, partly pubbers, but a whole lot of outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    I blame the two pubbies

Nah, it was partly lag, partly pubbers, but a whole lot of outclassed.
    You guys had decent pubbers at first, they kept us on our heals a fair number of times and even killed us. When they dropped, though, you guys didn't have a chance.

We kept getting weirdos to fill the extra spots as survivor, who apparently didnt know melee would get a hunter or smoker off the victim and would try to stand 3 feet away and shoot it off. That happened as soon as I left the building on nm1, to two of us almost dead, and then i knew what kind of game it was gonna be

Im also starting to thinking peoples messed up mics are causing others to turn off mic incoming because they get annoyed, because sometimes dont respond to requests or ideas at all

I do think our team moved too fast though because when someone would get smoked the others would be far, far away. And the random guys would separate on booms which makes it hard to knock hunters off since you cant see anyway

I did have fun though, playing with orgahs, even if u kept targeting me because of my leet survivor skillz

L33t survival skills? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    You guys had decent pubbers at first, they kept us on our heals a fair number of times and even killed us. When they dropped, though, you guys didn't have a chance.
    the pubbies only did well as infected early because of me and pevs uber ambushing, they rode our heels to fame. As soon as it was time to be human....bah

oh yeah, one guy, while i was getting smoked and he was 3 feet away, blasted me 4x in the face with the shotgun and incapped me. Smoker go away and got me as soon as i got helped up

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast