Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demo Release.

Default Re: Demo Release.

And because i cannot edit my posts - i want to add to my post above:

Fenir, i salute you for foreseeing todays unintended demo release! :bow

I will never ever complain about your misleading titles ... i promise.
    Von der Woge, die sich bäumet, längs dem Belt am Ostseestrand; Bis zur Flut, die ruhlos schäumet, an der Düne flücht'gem Sand;
    Gott ist stark auch in den Schwachen, wenn sie gläubig ihm vertrauen; Zage nimmer, und dein Nachen wird trotz Sturm den Hafen schaun!

Avatar made by Durango Signature made by 777Ares777 and proudly used by Marten!

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Friday the 13th

do you think they would do that...after today?

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Well i dunno...I still hope for friday...or maybe thursday

..or maybe thursday
    or maybe today...

!it burnsus!
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Newtownards, Co.Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Well there you go, it isn't out yet cus they care.

Have all traces and snippets of the demo stream been removed?
    Last edited by KozaK13; 02-11-2009 at 16:32.

"Where some states have an army, the Prussian Army has a state!"
    - Voltaire

"There is no mistake; there has been no mistake; and there shall be no mistake."
    - 1st Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley

No place like home.

apparently only one guy had it, and he just put up a video of him playing the naval part of it. Rumor was the naval part worked the land didn't because it wasn't done, so he put up him doing the naval.

He made a comment stating he did not and would not release the file, he merely found it, played it, and that was all.

Obviously now if he did there would be legal reprecussions, but for moment he's safe.

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Well I do hope the demo gets released before/during half term.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    Friday the 13th

do you think they would do that...after today?

I don't think they should....

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polemists View Post
    apparently only one guy had it, and he just put up a video of him playing the naval part of it. Rumor was the naval part worked the land didn't because it wasn't done, so he put up him doing the naval.

He made a comment stating he did not and would not release the file, he merely found it, played it, and that was all.

Obviously now if he did there would be legal reprecussions, but for moment he's safe.
    Did he post the videos somewhere? And would it be against Org policy to repost the videos?

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    Did he post the videos somewhere? And would it be against Org policy to repost the videos?
    He did but at CA's request they have been taken down. Since CA don't want people to see them it would be against Org policy to post links.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

How come that they are so eager to remove all the footage? The first videos were from earlier builds, too - yet they released them. So why not this time?
    Anyway, it's funny to see how history repeats itself.... demo coming soon ... demo leaked ... demo coming shortly after that ... game won't run with demo installed (prediction)

Maybe they hold it back so long because they didn't like the earlier demos being modded? With so little time left until release, we'll hardly see the sophisticated modding of the rome demo again. It even had it's own name which I don't remember right now...
    DEMO FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by NovaColonel View Post
    How come that they are so eager to remove all the footage? The first videos were from earlier builds, too - yet they released them. So why not this time?
    Anyway, it's funny to see how history repeats itself.... demo coming soon ... demo leaked ... demo coming shortly after that ... game won't run with demo installed (prediction)

Maybe they hold it back so long because they didn't like the earlier demos being modded? With so little time left until release, we'll hardly see the sophisticated modding of the rome demo again. It even had it's own name which I don't remember right now...
    Their stated reason was that they don't want to disappoint people by letting them see footage of a demo that isn't finished. I guess they don't wantto put people off getting the demo if the video showed bugs or flaws that they are removing.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

It just has to be Friday. It has to be.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

They said very soon so to me that would mean a couple of days. But they said it was coming out soon before and two weeks passed by. So I am almost certainly wrong. I have no faith in my predictions anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Their stated reason was that they don't want to disappoint people by letting them see footage of a demo that isn't finished. I guess they don't wantto put people off getting the demo if the video showed bugs or flaws that they are removing.
    Yeah, I read that too. But following this logic, there should be absolutely no ingame-footage available right now. But there are the videos. And the land battle from that polish site, where you could see lots of bugs and flaws. Yet they released it to the public...
    And they certainly don't put me off getting the demo, no matter what!
    DEMO FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by NovaColonel View Post
    Yeah, I read that too. But following this logic, there should be absolutely no ingame-footage available right now. But there are the videos. And the land battle from that polish site, where you could see lots of bugs and flaws. Yet they released it to the public...
    And they certainly don't put me off getting the demo, no matter what!
    I guess you would have to ask CA for an in-depth reason. I don't think natural disasters or wars could put anyone off the demo at this point.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Well, it didn't really "release" to the public. More then likely it had been downloaded on 50 sites, and CA saw little choice.

This is how it went in MTW2 this is how it goes again.

Ever since Sega owns CA, the mindset, whether CA or Sega, seems to be hold off as long as possible. Things get put up, only once they've been leaked soo much that CA/Sega see no choice but to officially release it.

The official demo may or may not be released in one or two days, but now that everyone knows steam is hackable, alot more people will be trying

More official demos news from official site Keiran

Hello all,
    The thread has run for a while so hopefully I can make a decent summary of response for you.
    Before continuing I'd like to thank all of you who have shown us such patience and support, there's no such thing as perfect communication and your patience and appreciation for things like this is genuinly welcome in the studio. Now, please allow me to expand on some of your points.

i. Why can't you say anything more than soon, and how long is soon?

The reason I'm unable to give you a definite date is that we're still working on it, it's as simple as that. I appreciate soon is a relative term, so I'll give as much information as I can. There will be a demo before release. We release in early March. Therefore, the range of possible release dates is easy to discern and in game development terms, none of those are far away!

ii. Why did it take a crisis to talk to us?

Many of the team at CA browse the boards regularly and post as often as they can, but we are in the final stages of making a product we have been working on for over four years. We're working late nights, early morning and weekends to get this game finished, it's our one and only focus. Hopefully that love and attention will be evident to all of you when you get your copy.
    Sadly this also means we're not able to respond to everything.

We're genuinely proud of having a community like you and honestly enjoy your passion and interest in Empire, it's part of the fuel that drives the engine of war so to speak.

Why did we respond to this? Because we needed to communicate what had happened, what we were doing and why. That way nobodys in the dark.

I recognise we can do more and where possible we will. Please continue what you're doing and hold fast with us for this last mile of development!

iii. Is the demo naval only?

Part of the reason the leaked code isn't intended for the public is that it isn't complete. I'm being deliberately vague here, as I have to be, but rest assured we want to make it 'broader'.
    iv. Why can't we have more videos / pics or live streams of the leaked code?
    We've asked that the member concerned respect the fact that this isn't for public release and treat it accordingly. The demo's not yet at a stage where its ready for sharing with the community, thats why it hasnt been officially released.

iv. Why can't we have more videos / pics or live streams of the leaked code?

We've asked that the member concerned respect the fact that this isn't for public release and treat it accordingly. The demo's not yet at a stage where its ready for sharing with the community, thats why it hasnt been officially released.

Naturally everyone's going to ask for written info and specs etc. That's natural and please go ahead, but please treat any written info you get about the game as subject to change and incomplete. As for screens and videos, I can only add that we take that very seriously because Empire's our product and
    Last edited by Polemists; 02-12-2009 at 06:15. Reason: Edited to add in question 4 which I forgot to add in first posting, otherwise content is the same.

Well, this sounds like late next week for the demo to me. Oh well, I guess this will build character.

Patience guys. You'd hardly want to go through the excitement of a demo, only to find that it had a couple of major bugs, which ruined it. This is also a good sign that Empire will not be like Rome, and will be playable without requiring a patch in the first month.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Very soon is a debative term.

You've got some who think it's 1-2 days (aka friday) because now it's "very" soon

Others who thinks it's a week or 2 because very soon, is just as qualtative as soon.

Some who think early march, because they did not say, the demo will be out in Feburary.

Many schools of thought, honestly, I could teach a course in demo.

I wonder if I apply at Cambridge to teach Demo 101 if they would hire me?

Quote Originally Posted by Polemists View Post
    Very soon is a debative term.

You've got some who think it's 1-2 days (aka friday) because now it's "very" soon

Others who thinks it's a week or 2 because very soon, is just as qualtative as soon.

Some who think early march, because they did not say, the demo will be out in Feburary.

Many schools of thought, honestly, I could teach a course in demo.

I wonder if I apply at Cambridge to teach Demo 101 if they would hire me?
    There actually is a demo class at my Uni. :P It is not about game demos, it is some kind of business course I think.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Awesome, i'm set,

Me: Today Class we shall discuss the difference between an actual dev post, and a moderator post about a developer.

Student: So is this based on product lifecycle model?

Me: Uhm....sure?

Welcome to the PHD of demo

I'm still optomistic on friday, despite everyone whining about 13th.

A quote from SenseiTW or Mark O Connell who is the

Mark works as PR and Online Manager at The Creative Assembly. When he isn't playing the latest game releases, Mark spends his time continuing his mission to watch every film in existence (twice).

I will be releasing both a Faction and unit feature next week.

This is usually on a tuesday. Not sure if this has any bearing on our demo...but at least you now know we get something next week.

and maybe we get the demo this week?

hope is the last thing that leave us.

edit: yey i am a member
    Last edited by Merak; 02-12-2009 at 09:39.

lol, I still think what I thunk b4, people are getting waay to excited. :P As long as the demo is released at the time of or a few days before the game I am happy. That way I can play it before I buy it.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Ok people Quiet please................QUIET PLEASE......

I'm going to make another prediction.

.................soon. maybe very soon.

fenir
    Time is but a basis for measuring Susscess. Fenir Nov 2002.

Mr R.T.Smith > So you going to Charge in the Brisbane Office with your knights?.....then what?
    fenir > hmmmm .....Kill them, kill them all.......let sega sort them out.

Well thats it, 6 years at university, 2 degrees and 1 post grad diploma later OMG! I am so Anal!
    I should have been a proctologist! Not an Accountant......hmmmmm maybe some cross over there?

I just want to try the demo a couple of weeks before release so I can upgrade; almost a certainty; or even order a new system. I am fairly certain that my current rig will have some issues when I try to run the game at an acceptable level of graphical sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I just want to try the demo a couple of weeks before release so I can upgrade; almost a certainty; or even order a new system. I am fairly certain that my current rig will have some issues when I try to run the game at an acceptable level of graphical sweetness.
    First good reason for the early demo craze I have heard.
    I can definately understand that. Ok, now that we got a good reason, I will stop giving the demo people such a hard time.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

(Un)fortunately for me, my paranoia drove me to upgrade last month. So the only reason I have left to grab the demo is that I really want to play around with the set pieces.

With the news that the demo includes both Naval and land battles it makes waiting that much harder. Of course, waiting is all we can do. We're about three weeks removed from the release of ETW and considering we are being told "NO DON'T LOOK IT'S NOT READY!" I doubt it will be this week. I'd look to next week.
    Last edited by Monk; 02-12-2009 at 21:08.

Yeah probably next week seeing as the demo is not top priority. I would hate to have the game get released unfinished because they had to put too much time into a demo.

Just be glad there is a demo. Some vary large games don't have demos.

Anyways if you are wondering about upgrading you comp then why not upgrade now get everything set the way you want it to be instead of rushing to upgrade and then miss out on the ETW launch because you bought some crappy ram or something.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast