Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demo Release.

I reside in the state of North Carolina and sometimes Johannesburg South Africa.

Default Re: Demo Release.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgolas View Post
    Anyways if you are wondering about upgrading you comp then why not upgrade now get everything set the way you want it to be instead of rushing to upgrade and then miss out on the ETW launch because you bought some crappy ram or something.
    Well for me it's an issue of buying a computer that I won't see for the next 12 - 14 months. I want to buy a new desktop, but I can't take a desktop with me to Iraq when I deploy. So rather than buy an expensive kick-butt system right now that will only be mediocre by the time I can use it, I'll wait until I get back and buy whatever the best is 14 months from now. Surely that system will play ETW at max resolution with no lag or stuttering. If I can get by with my laptop playing on the lowest settings until I get back, then I'll be the happiest soldier in the Army.

Nine out of Twn soldiers agree. The other one was listening to his I-pod.

SG
    A weapon is a tool for changing an enemy's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by scipiosgoblin View Post
    Well for me it's an issue of buying a computer that I won't see for the next 12 - 14 months. I want to buy a new desktop, but I can't take a desktop with me to Iraq when I deploy. So rather than buy an expensive kick-butt system right now that will only be mediocre by the time I can use it, I'll wait until I get back and buy whatever the best is 14 months from now. Surely that system will play ETW at max resolution with no lag or stuttering. If I can get by with my laptop playing on the lowest settings until I get back, then I'll be the happiest soldier in the Army.

Nine out of Twn soldiers agree. The other one was listening to his I-pod.

SG
    Well that makes a lot of sense. Then yes it would be better to wait and yes by that time you should have no problem running it max settings at 1920 x 1200.

Well still no release and I expect no news will come till next week (aka monday), glad to see the fake demo release date thread got quelched before I came back on....oh wells.

Maybe next tuesday when they update things we will get a demo update.

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgolas View Post
    Yeah probably next week seeing as the demo is not top priority. I would hate to have the game get released unfinished because they had to put too much time into a demo.

Just be glad there is a demo. Some vary large games don't have demos.

Anyways if you are wondering about upgrading you comp then why not upgrade now get everything set the way you want it to be instead of rushing to upgrade and then miss out on the ETW launch because you bought some crappy ram or something.
    Sorry but im not glad for anything....sadly capitalism has taught me a hard lesson: Care about none since the cash is the only bottom line....
    If there is no demo....I can assure you some people will make sure to make a "demo"....
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Agreed, I mean yes CA is nice and they are making good games so I don't want them to close down, but at end of the day this is about money. They are not making the game to be my buddy, or my pal, they are making the game to make money.

If they want my money, I want a demo.

Preferably soon

Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Feel the shame of no demo CA, feel the Shame!

On topic the demo is still not out, what are you doing CA? Torturing us or
    getting so much eagerness that we play it 24/7 until we settle down.
    Can't wait for the AARs and story's

Seriously the demo fanatcisim has no end, at this point I expect demo withdrawl groups to start forming in small communities

Judging by fact monday is a monday and tuesday they are releasing a faction and a new unit profile, it seems we will be waiting till friday for a demo.

At this point I think CA either can't fix something in the demo or are waiting until one week before release.

Good news is lots of youtube spoofs up, my favorite is the hitler angry over empire total war demo..probably because I know some german, it's just funny :P
    Last edited by Polemists; 02-15-2009 at 11:15.

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polemists View Post
    Seriously the demo fanatcisim has no end, at this point I expect demo withdrawl groups to start forming in small communities

Judging by fact monday is a monday and tuesday they are releasing a faction and a new unit profile, it seems we will be waiting till friday for a demo.

At this point I think CA either can't fix something in the demo or are waiting until one week before release.

Good news is lots of youtube spoofs up, my favorite is the hitler angry over empire total war demo..probably because I know some german, it's just funny :P
    Hitler probably wouldn't have waited patiently for the demo. If he had known it was waiting for him in Britian Operation Sealion would have been undertaken as quickly as possible.

Perhaps CA is waiting to see how long Demo fanatics can hold out before medical complications such as strokes/seizures/exploding heads occur.
    Last edited by Sir Beane; 02-15-2009 at 16:46.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Newtownards, Co.Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Perhaps CA is waiting to see how long Demo fantaic can hold out before medical complications such as strokes/seizures/exploding heads occur.
    I know i would....

Is this Demo sickness the same for every game? TW or not? I only started out on the forums after kingdoms was released really so i havent seen the previous horrors i can imagine.
    Last edited by KozaK13; 02-15-2009 at 16:37.

"Where some states have an army, the Prussian Army has a state!"
    - Voltaire

"There is no mistake; there has been no mistake; and there shall be no mistake."
    - 1st Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley

No place like home.

I've been around for all TW releases and I don't remember it ever being this frantic. Every demo/release wait for a new TW game is a circus, but not to this degree.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by KozaK13 View Post
    I know i would....

Is this Demo sickness the same for every game? TW or not? I only started out on the forums after kingdoms was released really so i havent seen the previous horrors i can imagine.
    I think Empire has definitely been worse, for a few reasons.

1) Empire has the potential to be utterly fantastic, if CA deliver on what they have promised. Empire is a 'revolution' game with a new engine and new possibilities.

2) Empire seems to have attracted the attention of a great number of new TW players.

3) CA have released much less info on Empire, and the game has already been delayed once.

4) Polemists
    Last edited by Sir Beane; 02-15-2009 at 16:52.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

5) The demo has not been leaked as before.

6) People are probably more busy in late summer / fall than in February. With the previous waits, no one had the time to wait actively.

7) Medieval 2 was as much of a circus as this one...
    DEMO FTW!

4) Polemists

but I really want demo :P

IIRC I got the demo for Shogun about 3 months before the game came out. I think it was inside Computer Gamer.

Still, it's nice to have something to look forward to.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    IIRC I got the demo for Shogun about 3 months before the game came out. I think it was inside Computer Gamer.

Still, it's nice to have something to look forward to.
    But then it was so hard that it actually kept me from buying the game. I still hate that demo for that. If it weren't for that demo my Total War experience may have started with Shogun Total War, but alas I had to wait until the release of Medieval Total War before finally becoming addicted to one of the greatest strategy series of all times. What better way to ignite my fires anew then to release a...

demo?
    Last edited by Ituralde; 02-17-2009 at 15:37.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

and I miss deeeeeeemo....like the deserts miss the rain :P

Okay my song is done.

Hopefully today we get the demo, I mean I understand sales, holding back, all that stuff, but it's two weeks away now. I mean there is a window, if they release it next week I think people would just go...oh..right...uhm I get the game next week and am playing whatever now, I'm not going to waste my time downloading it.

the way i figure it. be case there a a few people waiting for the demo i will most likely get to play the demo two month after the game is released.

(and yes i too want the demo)

Well It is 8 in the morning in South West usa and no Demo. I promised Polemists I would join his demo legion if it were not out today. FOR THE LOVE OF LIFE CA PLEASE KEEP ME FROM THE LEGIONS! that said I am still hopeful since they have not yet released the Faction preview either. Although CA runs on English time.......I guess it makes sense them being in England and all
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    When you find yourself sinking into madness, Dive!
    WE WANT A...............DEMO!
    This message is brought to you by the Demo Legions. If you have the Demo remember this, We will find you!

pyradyn

you...like the other demo legionaries.....are now.....MINE

LONG LIVE DEMO

*sigh* It appears so it appears so. I am now sad lol
    This message is brought to you by the Demo Legions. If you have the Demo remember this, We will find you!

Default Sv: Re: Demo Release.

Well knew it wouldn't get released today.
    Next week I say.

If it isn't released by this Friday there must be a problem. This is starting to worry me.

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    If it isn't released by this Friday there must be a problem. This is starting to worry me.
    Sure is cuttin' it close and this would be quite a break with the past.
    "Après moi le déluge"

I'm getting more and more paranoid the longer we go without a demo or much official news of the game. Especially now a few negative reviews and videos have surfaced.

At this point I'm looking to the demo to reawaken my faith in the game being great. This may be a grave mistake.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

So I look in my E-mail and there is an email sitting there called: Empire: Totalwar. I screamed in joy thinking, THE DEMO. So I opened it and it said:
    EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR

If you are having difficulties viewing this email, please copy and paste this link into your browser:
    http://links.messages.sega.com/ctt?k...zYS1&mt=1&rt=0

------------------------------------
    “This is one of the most playable, and therefore important and accomplished,
    games ever created.”

“It’s exquisite.”

94% Editors’ Choice – PC Gamer, April 2009

------------------------------------
    * PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET ROME: TOTAL WAR FREE

Per-order Empire: Total War todayand receive a copy of Rome: Total War for free! Reserve your copy at BestBuy.com or GameStop.Com to receive a code for a free download of this award-winning game.

Preorder

Best Buy.com

GameStop.com

Well I already Pre-Ordered and I already own Rome and BI and Alexander....I am angry! That is a tease

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Well, if it got a 94 from PC Gamer it cannot have terribly serious flaws, can it?
    "Après moi le déluge"

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post
    Well, if it got a 94 from PC Gamer it cannot have terribly serious flaws, can it?
    Yes, it can. Especially because Orgahs are far more likely to spot historical innacuracy and unrealistic combat than a PC Gamer reviewer. That and we tend to want more from out games.

Don't trust any review that isn't from someone on this site, and even then try and get as many other opinions as possible.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Dear Lord, will our agony never end? We are getting another Faction and Unit tomorrow, so I doubt the demo will also appear. That leaves just two days this week. I fear a grave disappointment.

This is too long. Pretty soon, people are going to lose interest in the demo since itll be too close to the release date. I am confident they'll release it by this week and if they don't, I have a feeling that there IS a problem that they are trying to fix so people will probably be less open to buying it.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Polemist's Demo Theme Song.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast