Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Demo Release.

Default Re: Demo Release.

There is a demo legion? I guess I'd want to be a legionnaire.
    Finished EB campaigns:
    Sweboz 1.0

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePianist View Post
    There is a demo legion? I guess I'd want to be a legionnaire.
    Apply to Polemists for your official uniform, sword and hat. A three year tour of service is mandatory, or until the demo comes out. You will be required to serve in a variety of countries and conditions, whatever it takes to get CA to release a demo. Since this is a TW army you will be replaced with elephants at the earliest opportunity, and subsequently used as an arrow shield.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Is it out yet?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    Is it out yet?
    Nope . But we all wish it was.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post
    Well, if it got a 94 from PC Gamer it cannot have terribly serious flaws, can it?
    Rome Total War got a 92. Medieval Total War got an 82 IIRC - that still boggles my mind.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Yes, the demo legion offers exciting oppurtunites.

Are you bored? Tired of pointless posting for no reason and grand demo desires? Then the demo legion is for you.

Come to a place where pointless signatures are the norm, and assaulting CA daily for a Demo just part of the job. :)

Just add something about demo to your sig and your in :), it's that easy. Also we have a pretty cool graphics bench over in frontroom, as my sig proves (you know if you want some colo photo to go with your demo saying) :)

Still no demo....it is a sad day.

If I were in charge at Sega, after browsing all ETW forums, I'd so be emailing subscribers evry single day with the word DEMO in the title. Then I would recline back in my chair, spin around to face the window, hands together under my chin and smile.

Yea, actually I'd prefer that because then we'd actually get a e-mail from SEga. Thus far tho Sega is to busy playing sonic to actualy think of anything clever.

Well more speculation today, supposedly the guy who got the leaked demo (and didn't release it to anyone else) says today is the demo release day. Supposedly when he first released the screenshots one was a steam screenshot saying Feb 18th release date for the demo.

True or not, it gives you just as much reason to hope today is a demo as any other :)

The rest of you who don't want to wait for demo are not required to read this or any other demo thread. Go frollic for two weeks :P

I will contine to wait on demo, and play F.E.A.R 2 at night, to bust through legions of replica troops and imagine there is a demo awaiting me on the other end :)

*sigh* FEAR 2 now I want to play so so bad and Polemists I will be adding it to my sig
    Originally Posted by Sir Beane
    since this is a TW army you will be replaced with elephants at the earliest opportunity, and subsequently used as an arrow shield.
    Ya.....make that Elephants with cannons....I am breeding them now for the Legion
    Last edited by pyradyn; 02-18-2009 at 09:01.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    When you find yourself sinking into madness, Dive!
    WE WANT A...............DEMO!
    This message is brought to you by the Demo Legions. If you have the Demo remember this, We will find you!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    Rome Total War got a 92. Medieval Total War got an 82 IIRC - that still boggles my mind.

CR
    Hmm, I had the issue with the Medieval review (it was what urged me to buy Shogun in the first place), and IIRC they spoke of it as if it was one of the greatest games ever made. Are you sure it got an 82?

Anyway, PCGamer UK are the most reliable game journalists there are with regards to the statements they make in their reviews, but of course the actual scores they give are meaningless. In fact I remember an article in a PCGamer issue about the institution of game scoring itself being fundamentally kaputt, which it is.

Well guys, still no demo, slim pickings. Good news is now each day without demo gets everyone closer to full release which is less then two weeks away now :)

Sad news is...I still want a demo

Demo song:

Is this the meaning of being lonely.....
    Is this the feeling I'm meant to walk with....
    tell me why...I can't have a.......demoooooooooo..........
    there's something missing in my...heart...

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Can we change this thread title to something like "no demo yet" so every time it updates and I see it on the main page I don't get my hopes up?

Thumbs down Re: Demo Release.

Yeah, for one fraction of a second, I thought the demo was released...

I think if we called this

Demo (Demo not yet released)

or Demo Discussion (Not released)

or Demo Legion (We don't have demo yet, but we want it)

Would all be better thread choices

I vote to rename it Demo Legion!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    When you find yourself sinking into madness, Dive!
    WE WANT A...............DEMO!
    This message is brought to you by the Demo Legions. If you have the Demo remember this, We will find you!

Imho, Horde or mob would be better : a legion CAN negotiate.
    A mob is maybe disorganised but will just tremple anyone standing in front of them, they'll take what they want and disband.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Well now you see just how far that got.

Who wants to guess the demo comes out with the second patch?

They seem so frightened of not showing their best that they are much more willing to show nothing.

Edit: Oh yes, and just so you know, The Demo thread at the official fan site today had 121 pages with 2409 posts. We have 5 as of now with 137 posts.
    Last edited by Fisherking; 02-19-2009 at 14:13.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

We're not a disorderly mob

Me want the DEMO very badly
    My Balloons:

Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

The actual UP flag

I'll give it one more day until I hit the panic button. I can't believe that CA intended to release the demo this late. Either there is a problem with the Steam distribution; unlikely; or they don't have alot of confidence in their game. I don't even want to think about that second option.
    My soul will be crushed if it isn't released by tomorrow.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Your demo is in the same place as the patch that fixes the official campaign of M2TW only little to the left

All this concern about the demo and in two weeks nobody will be playing it because they will have the game on their computer.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Providence 1972 View Post
    All this concern about the demo and in two weeks nobody will be playing it because they will have the game on their computer.
    Here, Here
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe

I couldn't care less about a demo at this point.

The game is shipping in a couple of weeks. I see a demo being released a couple of months before the game goes live...not days before it goes live.

At this point, I'll just wait for the retail version to hit shelves.

This says it comes out tomorrow: shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/42851 (can't post urls yet)

Already posted

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    This says it comes out tomorrow: shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/42851 (can't post urls yet)
    Thanks TheArsenal, and welcome to the Guild!

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I'll give it one more day until I hit the panic button.
    Crisis averted. CA must have heard him.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Crisis averted. CA must have heard him.
    No doubt!

Here's the main text for those too lazy to redirect

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hi guys,

I am pleased to report that our official Empire: Total War demo will be available via Steam from 4pm GMT on Friday 20th February.

Giving you a taste of the epic engagements that you'll be experiencing from 3rd March, the demo will take you through the basics of land and naval command and then unleash you in two historical battles!

You will get to play as the mighty British Empire as they do battle against the Americans in the 'Battle of Brandywine Creek' and then take on the French Navy in the 'Battle of Lagos'...

Battle of Brandywine Creek

After landing from his transport ships on the American coast, Major-General Sir William Howe led the British troops eastwards, with the intention of capturing Philadelphia.

In preparation, American General George Washington readied most of his units to defend from this frontal assault around the narrow crossing of Chad's Ford on the Brandywine. The Creek flows through the countryside of Pennsylvania, enveloped by sheer cliffs and heavily wooded hills on both sides. Safe in the knowledge the fast flowing creek could not easily be crossed; Washington was confident of holding his position.

However, more detailed surveillance of the terrain would suggest that alternative routes could turn the battle in the favour of the British.

Battle of Lagos

As so often in 18th Century warfare, French plans to invade England during the Seven Years War were reliant on ships from the naval base at Toulouse joining ships from Brest. The British had both ports blockaded, and the French had to wait for one of the blockading fleets to withdraw for re-supply before attempting any rendezvous.

The opportunity came when the British fleet under Admiral Boscawen at Toulon withdrew to Gibraltar. The French under Jean-François de la Clue-Sabran left Toulon, and began to make their way towards Brest. Passing the Straits of Gibraltar, the French were spotted by Boscawen's lookout ships.

Giving chase, Boscawen's fleet was only slightly larger than the French force, and caught up with them off the coast of Portugal where battle was joined. Take control of the British and defeat the French to end the invasion threat to Britain.

We hope that you enjoy playing our demo, which will give you a small taste of Empire: Total War action in preparation to leading your own empire to victory in March!

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
    (aka SenseiTW)

Looks like two tutorials and two historical battles that we get to play to death for 2 weeks.

Please direct all demo discussion to the demo discussion thread. Now the demo is out we don't need this thread.

Thread Closed!

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345