Thread: League of Legends

Default League of Legends

League of Legends is an independent game from the developers of DOTA for WC3 and WC3: FT.

I was never into DOTA mostly because the community thought they were superior to everyone else, but LoL had me hooked from the start. It takes a few games to get going and know what you're doing, but its a great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by League of Legends FAQ
    What is League of Legends?

After centuries of conflict and hardship across the lands of Valoran, the Rune Wars have finally come to an end. Treaties have been signed, and the superpowers that once ravaged this land have turned to a new role. Realizing that there must be a better way to settle their differences, they created the Institute of War, a multinational governing body that would settle all disputes. Inside the Institute is the League of Legends, where powerful magic users and delegates from each of the realms vie with or against each other to rule the land.
    League of Legends is a competitive online game set in an imaginative world. Gamers take the role of a powerful summoner, calling forth and controlling brave champions in battle. League of Legends combines the best elements of session-based games with persistent elements of MMORPG's. Enter the Fields of Justice with your most trusted allies as you fight for your right to rule the world of Valoran. There is only one rule of law among those in the League: Winner takes all.

Has anyone else played this game? If so whats your name? My summoner name is VehoNex.
    Last edited by Veho Nex; 03-03-2010 at 03:43.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: League of Legends

Basically the previous to current developer of DotA:A is a lead designer on this. Think of it as DotA:A in its own engine, with worse characterisation and some static elements.

Even HoN is better than this, and HoN is just a straight rip off of DotA:A.

LoL has been discounted to $10 AUD in our version of Gamestop (eb games) and its still a new release.

Get in the free beta of HoN instead, if you need a key, i think i have a few left. Better yet, play the game its based off...

www.getdota.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

LoL is free
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Blog Entries

My bad, I just see this in store: http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-148666-...ectors-Pack-PC

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

I never played DotA on W3 because I thought it was the worst Aeon kind of map available and because the community was mostly made of dumbass.

I tried HoN and LoL, and I found LoL to be much more interesting, funny and newbie-friendly. HoN pretends from the get-go to be a game for hardcore gamers, which can only end up in a terribad community of elitist no-lifers.
    Then again, I've played LoL a few times and found it to get old pretty quickly. Just as any Aeon map does. Don't understand how anyone could become addicted to such a game, let alone pay for it... *shrugs*

Blog Entries

AoS is best in a 3 way situation. Comparing AoS to DotA is pretty weak. Yes, its based on it, but its a fair way in front of AoS.

The level of work that Icefrog has to do in scripting is pretty far fetched...

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

I thought the Aeon map with some Soulcalibur-based heroes was years ahead of DotA. I never got why DotA was supposed to be that great. But heh, since it was and is pretty popular, I might just be dumb :(

Blog Entries

The endless combinations and roles along with the satisfaction of judging exactly what the other person can and can't do, getting that sweet kill then evading their entire team by juking them before blink and porting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRx2...eature=related

blurpi plays on Bored Aussies, where I used to play. Good videos.

Halfway through in that video is a clip involving Athanatos and STOUgE. Friends of mine from high school that i played a lot with.