Thread: Altered Consciousness Mod Released

Default Altered Consciousness Mod Released

K it has been a very long time since I've uploaded mods and did all this stuff. Sorry if it is confusing.
    This mod is called Altered Consciousness, even though it has nothing to do with that lol.

This uses Gundug's Otherworld campain map from the twcenter.net, special thanks to him.

There are 11 factions in this sea faring campaing mod, who are portrayed as a fantasy like factions rather than historical. So this is basically a fantasy mod (minor).

Each faction gets only three units, one which is universal. The riflemen is owned by everyone, and acts more as a heavy infantry unit as well as a rifle, (uses musket but much more powerful). They can form a firing line that is very dense and solid more effective (shield wall)... but less mobile. Now here's the other important part, each faction gets only one distinct unit and it is an elite infantry unit. 150 for both this distinct unit and the riflemen. (unit size on huge).

Each elite infantry has distinct stats, and carries 6 basilisks. So if you have 14 units of for example Byzantine, they have 6 basilisk each, they get 84 basilisk!!! So yes this gets pretty fun.

These artillery units are excellent fighters hand to hand, afterall Varangians, highlanders, Berdiche, etc... and their cannon range can reach across the whole field basically. They also have much more accuracy. So here's the typical battle:

About 8-13 elite infantry entrenched with their large number of batteries pounding away at the enemy trenches (artillery), the inbetween is No Man's Land, this is where the Riflemen charge across and engage each other in shoots outs. The elite infantry can then if you choose unman their stations and charge across the field to fight the enemy infantry, if they successfully rout the enemy unit from their guns they can use the artillery of the enemies and turn it on them!!!

Yes I have tested this many times, it plays out like that most of the time.

Now each faction gets infinite money, and everyone is at war, so expect tons of armies and lots of fights with full stacks. Also, there are no agents, so there is no peace.

The generals are distinct for each faction, they get 17 men (infantry) in a unit, whereas other units have 150, huge settings, and they carry a great cross. Also there is no religion to worry about.

One thing you might dislike in this first version is that mongols are given units that are vastly superior, and overpowering. Also they have two extra units, so it would be more fun to play with them in this version.

To download click here and put this in your MTW2 folder and use the batch file to run.
    (Waiting)

Tell me if there are any problems at all. Also feel free to name any requests or comments.

Default Re: Altered Consciousness Mod Released

Quote Originally Posted by Altered Consciousness View Post
    K it has been a very long time since I've uploaded mods and did all this stuff. Sorry if it is confusing.
    This mod is called Altered Consciousness, even though it has nothing to do with that lol.

This uses Gundug's Otherworld campain map from the twcenter.net, special thanks to him.

There are 11 factions in this sea faring campaing mod, who are portrayed as a fantasy like factions rather than historical. So this is basically a fantasy mod (minor).

Each faction gets only three units, one which is universal. The riflemen is owned by everyone, and acts more as a heavy infantry unit as well as a rifle, (uses musket but much more powerful). They can form a firing line that is very dense and solid more effective (shield wall)... but less mobile. Now here's the other important part, each faction gets only one distinct unit and it is an elite infantry unit. 150 for both this distinct unit and the riflemen. (unit size on huge).

Each elite infantry has distinct stats, and carries 6 basilisks. So if you have 14 units of for example Byzantine, they have 6 basilisk each, they get 84 basilisk!!! So yes this gets pretty fun.

These artillery units are excellent fighters hand to hand, afterall Varangians, highlanders, Berdiche, etc... and their cannon range can reach across the whole field basically. They also have much more accuracy. So here's the typical battle:

About 8-13 elite infantry entrenched with their large number of batteries pounding away at the enemy trenches (artillery), the inbetween is No Man's Land, this is where the Riflemen charge across and engage each other in shoots outs. The elite infantry can then if you choose unman their stations and charge across the field to fight the enemy infantry, if they successfully rout the enemy unit from their guns they can use the artillery of the enemies and turn it on them!!!

Yes I have tested this many times, it plays out like that most of the time.

Now each faction gets infinite money, and everyone is at war, so expect tons of armies and lots of fights with full stacks. Also, there are no agents, so there is no peace.

The generals are distinct for each faction, they get 17 men (infantry) in a unit, whereas other units have 150, huge settings, and they carry a great cross. Also there is no religion to worry about.

One thing you might dislike in this first version is that mongols are given units that are vastly superior, and overpowering. Also they have two extra units, so it would be more fun to play with them in this version.

To download click here and put this in your MTW2 folder and use the batch file to run.
    (Waiting)

Tell me if there are any problems at all. Also feel free to name any requests or comments.

K sorry I didn't know new people couldn't edit their posts lol.

Here's the download link...
    http://postdownload.filefront.com/13...0d5b1d4a630876

Default Re: Altered Consciousness Mod Released

Now one of the units the Mongols get (Arlians), is somewhat portraying a special ops unit, it can hide anywhere and is extremely tough... much more so than basic infantry.

I'm thinking about giving each faction a distinct special ops type team to use in hand to hand against enemy artillery infantry.

As far as cavalry, the mongols again get one unit, which in huge unit sizes only comes out to 30 men, I'm thinking about getting rid of that altogether, or perhaps giving one extra type of unit to all other factions.

Feel free to add more suggestions or requests.