Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: The Settlement [Concluded]

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Settlement (IN PLAY)

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    That is a pretty BIG over site.....ATPG can you confirm if Reenk greeted you in your PM or not??
    well mine had a symbol, you didn't

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    well mine had a symbol, you didn't
    Reenk ALWAYS when he greets.....you could have just looked at the top half you cut off..... mine was just copy and paste with none of the emoticon's to make it look LIKE it was forged
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 03-13-2009 at 22:18.

If anyone want to know, RR wrote "Hello shlin28, thanks for playing "

Just thought you guys should know...

Er...

*backs away from the confrontation*

(I'm just really confused by these 3 pages that came out of nowhere, doing rereading now)

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28 View Post

Er...

(I'm just really confused by these 3 pages that came out of nowhere, doing rereading now)
    Same as me.....only Ares was missing his at the start.....WHEN it was a full role PM from Reenk
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 03-13-2009 at 22:23.

Blog Entries

Er...

you'll probably want to keep your vote where you first voted

Got something. My role PM is formatted like this: So the story goes of you, the loyal soldier of the priest king Reenk Roink.

But Ares' PM is in the standard Org font... suspcious?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    Reenk ALWAYS when he greets.....you could have just looked at the top half you cut off..... mine was just copy and paste with none of the emoticon's to make it look LIKE it was forged
    everyone had the same greeting, i would think that includes mafia too, stop making a big deal over it.

@ shlin

I copied and pasted, like wise to what white eyes did, i didnt bother altering fonts
    Last edited by Thermal; 03-13-2009 at 22:26.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not really, he could have just not gone into the formatting to get the full PM (by pressing quote or forward) and could have just quoted the PM itself and put in the second quote tag manually.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Got something. My role PM is formatted like this: So the story goes of you, the loyal soldier of the priest king Reenk Roink.

not really.....when I copy and pasted mine, it also removed the font
    ok....a few things have Ares looking pretty guilty....guess I should list them
    1) in the chat logs he lied to ATPG and didn't seem very much worried that he was being framed...
    2) when he reveal his
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares
    full pm
    *check post 317* it didn't have the greeting in it....almost like he cut the first half off of it...AKA, a fake townie PM.
    3) in the chat logs he lied about his duel score to ATPG.
    4) He is not acting like he has been framed....he is acting like it could have been a simple mix-up, at a car dealership.(not the way he behaved in Dark Vacuum)
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 03-13-2009 at 22:37.

When you do a regular copy and paste it will go to standard org font.

everyone had the same greeting, i would think that includes mafia too, stop making a big deal over it.
    The deal is that you said "full pm" and then didn't quote the full pm. It fits the pattern of you quoting from a fakeclaim. In a game where everyone gets a role pm, any mafioso who is under suspicion will be asked for their role pm. If the host doesn't provide one then they are up _____ creek, especially since many people don't have english as a first language. That's why I say the mafia have fakeclaims.

Eh? No matter what I do with my PM (quote it, copy and paste it, preview it, quote it again) it still retains the formatting
    It depends whether you have that "a/A" thing selected, as I recall from Cosa nuova (?) some people have it selected by default or something.
    Last edited by Sasaki Kojiro; 03-13-2009 at 22:30.

Eh? No matter what I do with my PM (quote it, copy and paste it, preview it, quote it again) it still retains the formatting.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    I also wouldn't mind seeing FactionHeirs defense of that post of his.

Agreed.

My kingdom for a .

Blog Entries

When you do a regular copy and paste it will go to standard org font.

The deal is that you said "full pm" and then didn't quote the full pm. It fits the pattern of you quoting from a fakeclaim. In a game where everyone gets a role pm, any mafioso who is under suspicion will be asked for their role pm. If the host doesn't provide one then they are up _____ creek, especially since many people don't have english as a first language. That's why I say the mafia have fakeclaims.
    I also missed my quote off initially, i didnt copy the whole top of my pm, or are you saying my quote is forged as well?

Ignore my point about formatting, it could just be the host sending out PMs in batches so different batches have different formattings.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Having hosted two games where I have handed the Mafia cover roles, I suspect RR did the same in this one.
    Why? because basically nothing is illegal in this game short of screen shots.
    BUT, I suspect a lot of the information we receive by PM or reveals will be bogus or misleading, even though its messengers might not know it is.

Questions:

• Did the usurpers plant a magic stone on pevergreen to frame Ares?
    • Did the usurper Ares make a grave mistake by killing pevergreen?
    • Is this a plot by the good men to get rid of us (the men)?
    • Are all good men usurpers?

There is a gamble in either believing the night result or to consider it a fabrication.

The coin says vote: Ares
    Status Emeritus

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Having hosted two games where I have handed the Mafia cover roles, I suspect RR did the same in this one.
    Why? because basically nothing is illegal in this game short of screen shots.
    BUT, I suspect a lot of the information we receive by PM or reveals will be bogus or misleading, even though its messengers might not know it is.

Questions:

• Did the usurpers plant a magic stone on pevergreen to frame Ares?
    • Did the usurper Ares make a grave mistake by killing pevergreen?
    • Is this a plot by the good men to get rid of us (the men)?

There is a gamble in either believing the night result or to consider it a fabrication.

The coin says vote: Ares
    One of the good men were also murdered.

My kingdom for a .

Blog Entries

If you want questions answered just list them and I'll reply

Did the usurpers plant a magic stone on pevergreen to frame Ares?
    This would be a logical explanation, but if I were mafia and had that ability, I wouldn't waste it on round one...even if I could do it every round I would probably just use it in the endgame.

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I don't think so. I was a good man and the kill writeup stated my role, which was scribe. (No abilities and battle rating of 1)
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    Are all good men usurpers?
    That would be extremely unbalanced. Considering voting power, the usurpers could theoretically win on Day 1. Frankly, I'm surprised that this didn't occur to you.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    I don't think so. I was a good man and the kill writeup stated my role, which was scribe. (No abilities and battle rating of 1)
    Well there you have it. We're really just a bunch of sissies. Except the soldiers, I bet those guys are big as oxes.

My kingdom for a .

Me big, me smash puny farmers.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

I think the discussion about whether Ares' role PM was fake or not is pointless. All this talk about the presence or lack of an introduction line is a waste of time. If that role PM is fake, it was an extremely good forgery. It mimics Reenk's writing style perfectly, and is laced with just the proper amount of humor throughout. No one would make that good of a forgery and then not put in the standard greeting line that we ALL got. It is far more likely that Ares is telling the truth and didn't post it at first because he didn't think it was actually part of the role. This is consistent with him not posting the joke earlier as well. As for the formating, I've seen that happen many times with real role PMs. It happens when people simply highlight and copy what they see in their PM box instead of hitting reply and using the formated text inside the reply box. The better point of discussion is whether the current situation seems like a frame attempt or whether it seems like a legitimate reveal of a mafioso.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Also...

Vote: FactionHeir

I agree with Sasaki and GH that his reply raised an eyebrow. This line in particular seems like a typical mafioso attempt to participate in discussion and analysis without actually saying anything:

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    Any thoughts about the first kill btw? Seemed to be a smoker or somesuch.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    That would be extremely unbalanced. Considering voting power, the usurpers could theoretically win on Day 1. Frankly, I'm surprised that this didn't occur to you.
    The last two questions were tongue in cheek and part of my role playing.
    Status Emeritus

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I shall Vote: TinCow, as his behavior seems off
    And if thee are innocent, my hat I shall doff.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    I wish I had your role, it sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    True.....he is defending Ares, quite a bit.... FoS:TinCow
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 03-13-2009 at 23:29.

Blog Entries

As am I. But the thing is that our defenses are logical.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I think the discussion about whether Ares' role PM was fake or not is pointless. All this talk about the presence or lack of an introduction line is a waste of time. If that role PM is fake, it was an extremely good forgery. It mimics Reenk's writing style perfectly, and is laced with just the proper amount of humor throughout. No one would make that good of a forgery and then not put in the standard greeting line that we ALL got. It is far more likely that Ares is telling the truth and didn't post it at first because he didn't think it was actually part of the role. This is consistent with him not posting the joke earlier as well. As for the formating, I've seen that happen many times with real role PMs. It happens when people simply highlight and copy what they see in their PM box instead of hitting reply and using the formated text inside the reply box. The better point of discussion is whether the current situation seems like a frame attempt or whether it seems like a legitimate reveal of a mafioso.
    This isn't like you (as townie)--you generally read more carefully. You are striking at straw men and ignoring what has been said. The claim isn't that the pm is a forgery.

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast