Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Settlement [Concluded]

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Default Re: The Settlement (sign ups)

All the more reason to lynch you before you even manage a kill. ;)
    BLARGH!

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Ditto what TC said. Those write ups were great i expect them to cary on here !!

In!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

So far we have 26 I believe:

GeneralHankerchief
    Sasaki Kojiro
    taka
    White_eyes:D
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Beefy187
    TheFlax
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelrang
    pevergreen
    Sigurd
    shlin28
    777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    LittleGrizzly

Correct me if I'm wrong.

While we have my wanted minimum, the more the better, so I will leave sign ups open for a bit longer. Sign ups will close no later than tomorrow evening (Eastern US) however, and roles will be determined.

PM's will probably be sent out on Saturday morning though, as everyone will get a PM and I don't know if I will want to do that Friday night.

Last thing, is a bit more clarification on the votes. You cannot vote No Lynch in this game. You can (and are encouraged) to abstain. In the event of a majority of abstain votes, the matter will become wholly my decision.
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-06-2009 at 05:02.

Shall we see the return of the almighty Wanax?

Are roles distributed at random or according to your wishes?
    I'm tired of being townie. >_>
    BLARGH!

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Vote: Jolt

Because he is mafia this time.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Sign ups closed. Roles have all been determined (randomly) and PM's will be sent out tomorrow where the story will begin.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Will "The Men" (Townies) get PMs?
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    Will "The Men" (Townies) get PMs?
    All the settlers are townies, 'the men' and 'the good men' are just distinctions of class status (and voting influence).

And everyone will get a PM because everyone has a role, if only just a story, and a unique battle rating.
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-07-2009 at 03:36.

Blog Entries

True, I forgot about that

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Sign ups closed. Roles have all been determined (randomly) and PM's will be sent out tomorrow where the story will begin.
    Sorry, I'd have liked to sign up but got caught up in some BR shenanigans.

Please consider me for a replacement spot if you have an early drop out. Good luck all.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Oooh Reenk, if you haven't sent out the role PM's yet, please give Seamus a spot.

If not, he can have mine.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

If you havent sent them out, make me mafia!

@pevergreen
    It's patently obvious that Reenk will make me the mafia just to torture me.

He knows full well that I have established a townie play style that will be self-destructive as a mafioso, and I won't be able to bluff my way through a game. So he just wants to take my nips and twist them around and around until they turn purple and fall off.

He's a cruel, cruel, shameless man. Even worse, he'll make you my partner pevergreen,just so I will have to sputter my way through an explanation for why I haven't voted for you all game after you requested to be mafia.

Bottom line; we're in serious trouble no matter what happens. This will be a treat.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Ah don't worry, I'm a pro solo mafia.

I was quite impressive in Old persons mafia, if I say so myself. Hepcat died early, and I even killed Andres with his most hated beer. hehehe that annoyed him so much, im going to go find the write up.

I don't think I'd ever survive very long as a solo mafia.

I made it through the final round as a mafioso in Blackadder Mafia, but I was a late game replacement, and I'd only been the last mafia standing that round. I bluffed as best I could, but it still came down to a coin flip between myself and Andres, who hadn't been very talkative. I even did a real skynet report to mask my guilt, and fingered Ares and Double A as being Serial Killer and Vigilante. However, that wasn't enough to convince anyone I was innocent, so but for the flip of a coin...

I always get nervous if I survive a long time into the game, no matter what role I have. If I am mafia, I'm doomed, and if I am a town, I am crazy lynchbait. Mafia have been leaving me for the lynch lately because of that.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=235

Thats it! I'm coming for you Andres.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...&postcount=235

Thats it! I'm coming for you Andres.
    REVENGE ! I WANT REVENGE !

I don't care about my role, even if evil pevergreen is my mafia partner, I will still try to get him lynched round 1

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    REVENGE ! I WANT REVENGE !
    I seem to remember you (aka i just read the entire game again) saying those exact words when I killed you and you were the serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Sorry, I'd have liked to sign up but got caught up in some BR shenanigans.

Please consider me for a replacement spot if you have an early drop out. Good luck all.
    OK here is the thing.

The thing I determined last night was the good men (9) and the men (17). With Seamus on board, it would make it an even 9 good men and 18 men thus the voting balance of both groups would be equal.

Given that I didn't put out the list out last night, I am going to add Seamus to the signups and redetermine the list, because this one signup does balance the game quite a bit (at least mathematically) in both voting and role distribution.

I'm going to be busting my butt off to get everything out. Thanks to all the players for their patience and understanding.

w00t! Yay we got Seamus!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

Completely understood Reenk. ANyone who finds themselves having to PM all players of a mafia game individually deserves sympathy if not medication, so I hope you are getting all the best pills.

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    Completely understood Reenk. Anyone who finds themselves having to PM all players of a mafia game individually deserves sympathy if not medication, so I hope you are getting all the best pills.
    I PM'ed about 70 people today, some more than once, for a game I'm not even hosting.

Where's that medication?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Reenk told me I am his servant in this game because I keep killing him off in mine (so sorry)

Roles are getting done, just a bit more time please. For now, let us continue the story and show who is who.

The story is just there for those who want to read a story, but the list of players should be noted for the game. Note which group you are and the others are in. It will help for tactical voting.

How the sea creature's attack led to societal reforms and the revolutionary plot

For much of the trip on the calm sea it was busy yet uneventful for the priest king Reenk Roink. He shuttered himself inside his dimly lit office most days, making plans for the settlement he would lead when the ship reached land. The problems he faced were many and the solutions to them were obscure, but what kept Reenk Roink going was the high esteem in which he held his followers, the settlers. Though he had very little interaction with them, his first impressions of them gave the priest king lofty thoughts of their quality which made him optimistic about the future. Reenk Roink did not pay too much attention to the increasing complaints about them from his Bronze Companions...

After almost a month of peaceful sailing, the ship was violently jarred one night. Everyone on board rushed to the stern to find a large sea creature attached to the hull! The Bronze Companions immediately drew their swords and hacked away at the monster’s tentacles, while most of the settlers fled in cowardice. In their stampede away from the stern, one man even knocked over a drowsy and confused Reenk Roink. This was the start of the rapid loss of respect that the priest king had for the settlers.

After a short but intense period of fighting, the swords of the Bronze Companions had done enough damage to force the sea creature to release its grasp and retreat to the murky sea. It was after this that everyone saw what had attracted the beast. A slightly gnawed corpse hung from a rope on the stern.

Reenk Roink had the body pulled back up on deck and as soon as this was done a wailing woman threw herself on the corpse, her sorrow overpowering her aversion to the ghastly sight and horrid stench. A well groomed man who pushed himself through the Bronze Companions explained to the priest king that the dead man was one of his slaves, his grief coming from the fact that he had lost property rather than over the loss of a life.

The well groomed man callously shoved aside the weeping women, now identified to be the dead slave’s wife, and knelt over to scrutinize the corpse. After several moments of searching for something, he suddenly got up and, with a disgusted look on his face, spit on the dead slave’s wife, exclaiming: “You will have to pay for the bag of coins I gave him!”

The priest king Reenk Roink got very angry at this display and immediately confronted the well groomed man: “How dare you treat even a slave like this? I will not tolerate this as your ruler!”

The well groomed man however seemed unrepentant for his action and instead snapped back at Reenk Roink: “Who do you think you are? Small, petty king! I served real kings before. Kings who had men like you eat from the scraps that fell from the side of their table. You would be unfit to take my slaves’ daughters’ hands in marriage!”

At this affront, the priest king pulled out his sword and struck the well groomed man across his face with the flat side, sending him whimpering to the ground. The crowd that had already gathered around the argument became outraged, but not at the well groomed man for his cruelty or insolence. Rather they began shouting at their priest king: “Brutal Tyrant! Brutal Tyrant!”

Reenk Roink signaled to his Bronze Companions to put down the rebellious settlers, using force if necessary. However, one of the Bronze Companions leaned over to the priest king and whispered: “Perhaps we should consider indulging them. After all, times have changed and the masses are less obedient to the gods much less the priest kings. These are people you have no bond with; their loyalty will be weak and their treachery will be dangerous.”

Heeding the sound advice of his trusted friend, Reenk Roink turned to the chanting mob and attempted to appease them: “Please settlers. I am indeed as much a servant to you as you are to me. However, for a society to function, there needs to be order, and I am the keeper of that order as chosen by the gods!”

One well dressed man from the mob spoke up: “No priest king! Despotism is the reason we are forced to leave our homeland in the first place. You must ensure that the rich among the settlers, being the best in education, temperament, and odor, have a decided influence pertaining to all matters of government. We demand representation!”

Cries of support from the well dressed people of the mob were heard.

Another man, who only wore ordinary clothes, and whose fingers were blackened with dirt despite being away from land for a month interjected: “We also demand equal representation!”

While this drew cheers from a large portion of the mob, the well dressed people were angered at the thought of being seen as equals with those who were just ordinarily dressed. Soon a bitter argument emerged.

An old man wearing clean, elegant, though unextravagant clothes spoke up in a conciliatory tone: “Please my sons, we are all small under the gods, and we all should have a voice. At the same time, there are those among us whom the gods have favored more than others, and they should be given a degree of superiority, as is their right according to our traditional ways."

Such an eloquent appeal brought tears to Reenk Roink’s eyes, but the sentiments of the priest king were not shared by the two groups, who both rushed to beat the old man, and in doing so, began to beat each other.

Soon women and slaves and even children spoke up, demanding representation, and at this, both parties could finally find a common ground: “Never!”

Seeing this agreement, the priest king Reenk Roink quickly had his Bronze Companions to separate the mob and spoke: “It will be done as the old man has said. The good men among you will have the voice of two men among you who will also have a voice. This is what I have decided, and it will not be overturned!”

With this the priest king was about to storm off, the grand opinion of his people broken forever in his mind, when he noticed that the corpse of the dead slave was gone, and a pendant lay in its place! Examining this pendant, Reenk Roink noticed that it bore the symbol of Vode, the god of wars and foreign peoples. The priest king did not know what to make of this omen as the ship sailed on...

Good Men:

GeneralHankerchief
    seireikhaan
    Captain Blackadder
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Beefy187
    TheFlax
    Jolt
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelrang

Men:

Sasaki Kojiro
    taka
    White_eyes:D
    Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    pevergreen
    Sigurd
    shlin28
    777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-08-2009 at 03:01.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question to the Reenkster: Can Good Men split their votes multiple ways? i.e. Player A was in the lead but I wanted there to be a tie between Players B and C, could I put one vote on each of them?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Question to the Reenkster: Can Good Men split their votes multiple ways? i.e. Player A was in the lead but I wanted there to be a tie between Players B and C, could I put one vote on each of them?
    No, a good man gets one vote like the men, his vote just is more important.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

I guess I should have worn a tie...

My kingdom for a .

Hah! I shall oppress the masses for my own good!
    BLARGH!

So the men are the hard working commoners and the so called "good men" are the blue-blooded elitest snobs?

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    So the men are the hard working commoners and the so called "good men" are the blue-blooded elitest snobs?
    Darn right. Now, back to work, peasant!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast