Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Settlement [Concluded]

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: The Settlement (sign ups)

I like pic-a-churs.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Muahahaha, the game hasn't even started and 150 posts. I am coming for you Godfather 3!
    Everyone looks at Askthepizzaguy, and then they approach him with all manner and assortment of lethal weapons and dangerous farming equipment. Several minutes later, there is only a red stain on the ground where Pizzaguy used to stand.

Reenk Roink watches his dream of having more posts than Godfather 3 disappear.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Enough with these green room antics. Time for the game face.

My kingdom for a .

Time for the game face.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time for the game face.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

I have a question. How can anyone win the game but myself with my Role?

You are Chuck Norris

Background: You have created the Heaven and the Earth, God and Mankind, and all that just by roundhouse kicking a little ball which blown into what humans know as Big Bang.

Battle Rating: 999 (Ad Infinitum) - Noone can touch you. If they do they are immediatly desintegrated into fragmented quarks. You kill anyone you wish to duel just by declaring a duel with the said person. The person isn't even allowed to reject. Their heart in just blow up, their organs cease functioning, and they suffer from severe internal bleeding. All that just from fear.

Victory Conditions: You have already won just by playing the game. There is no need even to return to this thread ever again. Soon enough, some moderator will change the title to "The Settlement (CONCLUDED)" (Chuck Norris victory)
    I suppose this game is over? :P
    BLARGH!

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Re: The Settlement (CONCLUDED)

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Settlement (CONCLUDED)

Whos Chuck Norris?

I'm like really good at this game. Have you ever played a game before? I bet you have. Hey, do you wanna play?

Ooooh can you hear that rain. I like rain, Its like...wet and stuff. You wanna come play farms with me? Its how I get my din dins.

Im gunna go play farms now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    I have a question. How can anyone win the game but myself with my Role?
    I suppose this game is over? :P
    If you're Chuck Norris, can I test myself against you in battle?

Time to unleash the delightful pain...

edit: Oh, my apologies, sire... don't know what got into me. Back to me toiling in the dirt...
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 03-12-2009 at 13:50.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar

pay no heed
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 03-12-2009 at 14:57. Reason: despamming

My kingdom for a .

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

All PM's were sent late late last night (or early this morning). Some people still haven't read their PM's and I am still waiting for orders.

The game has started though (mods could please change the title to in play ).

Just a helpful note, the entire game story was created to facilitate roleplaying, so this is one thing I would encourage (more fun) though of course, you can roleplay something completely different from your role or not roleplay at all. Your call.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Settlement (IN PLAY)

Until we can call each other friend
    The town in itself is doomed to end.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

*nods solemnly in agreement with the above gentleman*

My kingdom for a .

Well, I don't know whether I'm RPing or not. Depends on the mood.
    BLARGH!

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    *nods solemnly in agreement with the above gentleman*
    This is a most convenient statement from a man who just yesterday was preparing to sell me into prostitution for being unable to pay my debts! If the "Jerks" want any cooperation out of us hard-working men, you had best stop exploiting your position and work towards furthering the good of us all, not just your own good!

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    This is a most convenient statement from a man who just yesterday was preparing to sell me into prostitution for being unable to pay my debts! If the "Jerks" want any cooperation out of us hard-working men, you had best stop exploiting your position and work towards furthering the good of us all, not just your own good!
    *nods* We Good Men have no wish to exploit you. So we might lynch you. Are we not generous? (I'm still RPing this way since there's no clues yet)
    BLARGH!

If I may sir, and I don't wish to be intrudin' on your conversation sir, might I humbly suggest that rather than lynching your loyal servant, there might be some form of repayment which even us lowly serfs can afford? I'd offer to help 'im sir, but I only have half a farthing to my name sir, and I've been savin' it up since last harvest. I'd volunteer to work double shifts in the field planting corn for 'im sir, but I'm already doing that just to pay for the wooden pole you so generously loaned me. Not that I don't appreciate your generosity, sir! I am sorry for speaking out of turn, sir!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

It is outrageous that this noble man of the working class, the honorable TinCow, is forced into prostitution!

Would one of the Jerks Good Men be so good to give me some money so that I can, eh, inspect the working conditions in the ehm, hm,... facilities on the corner of 42nd and Lafitte?
    Last edited by Andres; 03-12-2009 at 15:18.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Oh, here you go, mister Andres- I would 'ov spent it on something wasteful like bread, or shoes.

Take my half-farthing. Please, enjoy yourself, for me. I'm working far too hard to go to such a place. I hear it's real purty inside with all manner of fancy things and women-folk. Just promise to tell me about it when you get back, and don't spare the glorious details.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Dear sir, do not take my jest as a threat of job redistribution, as though we were living in a dictatorship. No one is going to prostitute you.

Your frustration is with the lot in life you have fallen into. I see this. But should you blame this on others who lead a different life? Have not some of them risen from your very ranks?

And yet there are men here who threaten violence upon others, claim they have hidden arms waiting to be brandished in the name of bloodletting and wealth redistribution. What good would that bring upon this ship? We stand now as a people trying to survive until we reach out final destination, let us not make that destination here and now in these frigid waves, that hunger like an ice demon's teeth.

Would it be just, here and now, to upset our peace with the letting of blood, out of jealousy and greed? I would say sir, that if anyone here falls to such goals, they are prostituting themselves.

My kingdom for a .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    Dear sir, do not take my jest as a threat of job redistribution, as though we were living in a dictatorship. No one is going to prostitute you.

Your frustration is with the lot in life you have fallen into. I see this. But should you blame this on others who lead a different life? Have not some of them risen from your very ranks?

And yet there are men here who threaten violence upon others, claim they have hidden arms waiting to be brandished in the name of bloodletting and wealth redistribution. What good would that bring upon this ship? We stand now as a people trying to survive until we reach out final destination, let us not make that destination here and now in these frigid waves, that hunger like an ice demon's teeth.

Would it be just, here and now, to upset our peace with the letting of blood, out of jealousy and greed? I would say sir, that if anyone here falls to such goals, they are prostituting themselves.
    Well spoken. I may have misjudged you, if this is your true sentiment. I will gladly support any man, be he poor or wealthy, if he works towards the peaceful betterment of us all. I most certainly do not support the re-distribution of wealth to those that have not earned it. All men must work for their own meals, and if some work harder than others, then they should rightfully enjoy the fruits of their labors. However, it is critical to ensure that all men are given equal opportunities and equal treatment. It the lands we left behind, it was common for men who worked very hard to earn far less than those who did nothing except emerge from the proper birth canal.

So, my fellow settlers, let us not speak of class and birth right, let us simply speak of merit and value as men and women! Let us judge people based on their deeds, not their rank. If someone is found wanting, let us thrown them down, regardless of whether they be high or low-born; and if someone is found to be worthy, let us honor them up with praise and encourage further good labors!

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Oh, here you go, mister Andres- I would 'ov spent it on something wasteful like bread, or shoes.

Take my half-farthing. Please, enjoy yourself, for me. I'm working far too hard to go to such a place. I hear it's real purty inside with all manner of fancy things and women-folk. Just promise to tell me about it when you get back, and don't spare the glorious details.
    Nobody cares if I DUEL ATPG right? heck, "The Good Men" might get a kick out of it......"two peasants fighting to the death".....

Edit:ATPG is being a spineless peasant.....better he die in a battle of pitchforks, then him being lynched.....
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 03-12-2009 at 15:44.

I am going to call you out ATPG.....Challenge:Askthepizzaguy.

Violence is not the answer! This has been demonstrated countless times in different states and cultures. Why, the Norse were commonly known to resolve their disputes in this manner, and look where it got them! We need to resolve our conflicts with words, not swords!

Quote Originally Posted by ATPG Title
    Spineless peasant
    Better we see his duel rating.....I have a feeling it's much higher then he makes it out to be......I call on everyone to "Lynch ATPG" if he refuses.....

If you can demonstrate using reason, mister White_eyes, why I must be slain in battle, then I will accept.

Otherwise, I feel more valuable to my great king and the Good Great Men alive, forgive me sir. If the nobles truly wish me to die for their entertainment, I will also accept the challenge. But better for me to get back to me toiling. As a matter of fact, I find it odd you want me dead so soon.

I was going to offer to be the first lynch, but at this point I'd suggest that if I am to be the first lynch, White_eyes should quickly follow, my lords. Otherwise I have no problem with death.

Shall we die together, White_eyes?
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 03-12-2009 at 16:10.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

With my role???(a hovel and a not-so-good outlook on life?) HELL YEAH.....
    I just want to see two peasants fighting to the death.....if I live, lynch me.....if ATPG lives, you can lynch him if you want.....I just "hate" a spineless sellout....

ooc-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Better for a townie with a mediocre role to die than someone with better powers. I accept conditionally, if a bunch of people want me dead, then I will duel. I find your reasoning for this duel to be unusually stellar, by the way.

My mouth usually gets me lynched rather quickly. So there is zero chance I will survive this game.
    There's always a chance the usurpers will want me dead nice and quickly. Letting me live hasn't worked out too well in certain games. You'd like to extinguish (presumably) two loyal settlers for what amounts to a peeing contest.

Suit yourself. But frankly, I don't see the logic in this. And I don't think it's particularly good townie strategy. This is similar to everyone being a mediocre vigilante. As you know, those with vigilante powers are wise to refrain from using them unless they have good reason, because vigilantes do tend to cause as much damage as the mafia does if they kill every night.

Oh, and I've been r'ping a spineless peasant FOR FUN since well before I got my role, since the very first Good Men versus Men list.

I am willing to be the first lynch, I will vote for myself and not unvote. I am willing to duel. But I won't do it on a whim. As much as I enjoy roleplaying, I would be doing a bad job as a townie or as a mafia. And by the way, given this little interchange, and my resistance to death, will get me killed one way or another anyway, so mission accomplished, white_eyes.

Bye everyone, it's been a fun game.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 03-12-2009 at 16:24.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Hmmm... imagine if the mafia murders White_Eyes tonight, and the town immediately suspects me and lynches me tomorrow. How convenient for both of us, White_Eyes.

You know what? Go ahead, I accept. What the heck. When this game is over, I will laugh and laugh at you.

Let's duel. I will lose, but I don't even care.

Challenge Accepted
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 03-12-2009 at 16:31.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast