Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Post Your ETW Bugs Here!

Default Re: Post Your ETW Bugs Here!

After some more testing I have found it is the game that is bugged not the saved game. I opened three other saved games from other campaigns with the same results. Could it be a Steam update?
    MTW it's not a game; it's a part time job.
    ---
    Any sufficiently advanced technology in indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke-

Unhappy Re: Post Your ETW Bugs Here!

Playing maratha conference short GC.

Firstly, it's way too easy, as even on hard campaign game setting I had won by 1716 and occupied the whole of the Indian sub-continent.

Secondly, I continued playing anyway and eventually became very powerful and rich. I even turned down my tax levels
    I had been completely free from problems in this campaign so far, which was a pleasing change from previous attempts.
    Then there was revolution and I was asked to choose a side. I had no information on which to make my choice, so I picked "government", as I assumed it was something small and isolated. The next thing I know is that I get a "faction destroyed" window and the game ends. If I try to reload now, I get a CTD.

Why do I even bother with this game?

Searched for this and couldn't find it, so apologies if it's been posted before:

AI doesn't retreat from battles?

I've never had the AI retreat on the Campaign Map. Even if there are two units of militia and they're attacked by a full stack, they'll fight the battle. They used to run away on Rome and M2TW, so I can only assume it's a bug...

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Post 03/30 patch:

1. Battle sound is more bugged than ever; for most part my battles are now mute, the sounds missed tend to play in very quick succession if I change battle speed (going from slow to normal usually), after that the sound goes mute again. I had not noticed this before 03/30 patch.

2. Some strategy map sounds (for example, unit response after having been selected) disappear at times when a save game is loaded. The sound usually comes back after a turn.

3. If one has reinforcements in a battle and those reinforcements never make it to the battlefield, they still take casualties for some reason.

4. From time to time, I get 'out of video memory' CTD upon loading a battle. Upon rebooting and reloading the savegame: the battle loads fine. I have 2 cross-fired 512 mb Radeon video cards. Did not notice anything like this before 03/30 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan View Post

I am playing the Road to Independence Campaign. It's 1802 and I need to capture one more region to complete my campaign objectives.
    Then I capture the Huron region Tellico, Kaintuck Territory and I get a nice cut scene movie and then a message that I completed the objectives and I have to hold them until the designated year (1825 I think).
    So far, so good. But then when I close that message the game menu:
    - Continue campaign, etc. appears and there is no way I can get back to the map to really continue my campaign, since clicking on "continue campaign" takes me back to the point before I captured Tellico.

I was really looking forward to unlocking the American faction but am at a loss now as to how to achieve this.
    I tried capturing another region as my fifteenth, but that makes no difference.

Incredibley, on the 'new engine' we have the exact same bug that dates back to RTW, the reinforcments make no sound bug.

Default Grand Campaign button causes CTD?

Oh my, this is bad.

I have played several campaigns with hardly any problems or crashes, apart from my not being able to complete the RTI as posted above.

Tonight I finished a short campaign with Maratha Confederacy. After the victory movie (a very nice one for the Marathas btw) I chose "Exit to main menu" and crashed to desktop.
    And now I can't start a new grand campaign anymore! If I start the game and click on "Grand campaign" in the main menu, I immediately crash to desktop.
    I can still load my saved games but can't start any new game.

I tried removing the recent Windows updates, them being the only thing I installed since I bought the game, but that doesnt make any difference.

- Sandokan -

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    Post 03/30 patch:

1. Battle sound is more bugged than ever; for most part my battles are now mute, the sounds missed tend to play in very quick succession if I change battle speed (going from slow to normal usually), after that the sound goes mute again. I had not noticed this before 03/30 patch.

2. Some strategy map sounds (for example, unit response after having been selected) disappear at times when a save game is loaded. The sound usually comes back after a turn.

3. If one has reinforcements in a battle and those reinforcements never make it to the battlefield, they still take casualties for some reason.

4. From time to time, I get 'out of video memory' CTD upon loading a battle. Upon rebooting and reloading the savegame: the battle loads fine. I have 2 cross-fired 512 mb Radeon video cards. Did not notice anything like this before 03/30 patch.
    I also have problems 1, 2 and 4, exactly as you describe. Regarding point 4, I have a GeForce 8800GTS 640MB so not exclusive to Radeon or drivers I presume.

In addition, when going through completed constructions at the start of a turn, sounds from queing new buildings and selecting things lag terribly. I don't know if it's related to switching theaters repeatedly or something like that...

Not sure if this one has been reported yet, but I had a University occupied and damaged; the research there was paused, and when I went to change the nature of the research (as I had just stolen it from someone else) clicking on the icon for that type of research caused a CTD. Thankfully that is on the only cause of CTD I have had in the game... so far.

However, I do have the sound issues mentioned above, and I am not sure the financial side of it is working properly.

Since I haven't read the whole thread this might have ben posted before:

The click-on-ship-CTD seems to occur during the creation/calculations for the green movement range circle and certain coastal features. The reasons I base that on:

1. It hase something to do with movement range, since merging a ship (which has lost some movement points then) into the affected fleet solves the problem.

2. It can't be the range calculation alone, otherwise AI ships in the area would cause CTD's to, which they don't. Therefore it has to be something that happens when the player selects a ship but not when the AI does the same.

3. Only certain areas seem affected. Especially around Newfoundland a crash is almos guaranteed.

This leads me to the possible workaround: Is there any way the range indicator circles can be disabled??

Please see the newly stickied Consolidated Bug List so thoughtfully condensed by Oaty.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314