Thread: THIS IS FOR MOROCCO!!!!

Thumbs up THIS IS FOR MOROCCO!!!!

Following the Maratha invasions of Europe and my rapid military buildup in response to those frightening events, I found that, by 1802, I had raised 7 full-stack armies and 4 full-stack navies under the crescent moon and Moroccan sultan. I was losing 15k a turn, but as I had over 300k, I felt I could take it for now. I lost half my fleet vying for dominance of the Indian ocean, and quickly brought over 3 full-stacks by sea and sent 2 more overland through the war-torn Middle-East, where the Ottomans were doing all that they could to hold the Marathas off whilst the Persians rotted away in a decades-long civil war. The other two stacks would be brought by sea as reinforcements soon enough.

I decided to strike the heart of the Maratha beast and landed my 3 full stacks at their capital of Satara. Using darthmod, I fought the largest battle I've yet to see:

13986 Moroccans and foreign auxiliaries vs. 10626 Maratha troops. Though they had superior cavalry, I had superior artillery and numbers.

Truly countless bodies. I saw as battered and depleted units fought desperately across a smoky field of corpses in an effort to drive off their equally beaten enemies. I felt the poet in me proclaiming this battle as the climax of the struggle between the great Muslim and Hindu powers. The victor of this battle would determine whether India would remain under the grip of the Hindu and republican Maratha Confederacy, or whether it would be divided into numerous, Muslim states under the watchful gaze of the Moroccan sultan.

The fate of millions rested in the hands of the few. And ultimately, I won. I lost 2518 men in the process, but they had taken over 10000 Maratha troops with them.

The war is far from over, but the worst has come and gone. Imams will soon be following the Holy Warriors as they trek across the lands of India to liberate their Muslim brethren, and convert more people to the will of Allah.

Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 10-29-2009 at 08:58.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Re: THIS IS FOR MOROCCO!!!!

Hoorah for Morocco.

You truly make it sound epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Oh man!

I would rather see Cheyenne Dog Soldiers occupying England, France, & Spain!

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Sounds like something I tried as the French. Unfortunately for me, I had more territories than I needed to get the territorial count part of victory, so each and every territory captures in India cost me -5 to diplomacy for most of the world. Ugh. Much worse than the -1 or -2 you get normally.

I could have easily defeated the Marathian menace, but would have gained the hatred of everyone who wasn't already my best buddy. Thus I lost interest in that campaign and haven't played since. Bottom line was I didn't want to go to war against half the world just so I could have the pleasure of defeating the only worthy rival in the game at the time, the Marathans.

It's too bad, because it was fun to sail several stacks into the heartland of India! :) Would've had some epic battles too.