Thread: Load option in Multiplayer.exe

Default Load option in Multiplayer.exe

Hello!

With the help of Greece vs Rome tournament I plunged into a very exciting multiplayer EB. However I have a minor issue concerning battle replays. I do not know if it's only me, but multiplayer.exe main screen has only four options: Single Player, Multiplayer, Options and Quit. There is no "Load" option which is necessary to access the battle replays. Now if I want to watch battle replay I have to put the replay file into my normal EB folder and access it via Singleplayer.exe.

I know this is just a minor inconvenience, but isn't it possible to make "Load" option accessible in Multiplayer.exe?

I also noticed that some replays get corrupted for no clear reason. For example the replay of my last 1vs1vs1 battle gets corrupted in the last quarter. Instead of me winning the battle I lose it and replay ends without showing the statistics scroll. Is this problem caused by accessing replay with Singleplayer.exe (I get a notification before loading the replay that the current data is different from the one in the replay) or it's just a random thing?

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Default Re: Load option in Multiplayer.exe

For your second point:

"Yes, RTW doesn't record the outcome of each calculation but rather records the moves of each unit and then recalculates. This can sometimes lead to differing results as random number generation is used in the calculations. There is nothing you can do to prevent this.

- Foot"

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...+battle+replay
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

I'm not sure if it will make the game think your version is different from the others', but you can rather easily add that option to the menu. Find the Rome.lnt file in the MP backup folder and compare to the same file in the SP backup folder, and you'll see among other changes this:

Simply add that block back in and adjust the coordinates and you should be golden.
    Last edited by bovi; 03-08-2009 at 07:59.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I have the same Problem like Silence a few years before. I cant see what bovi replied back then under "More". I can see only empty space when I click on it.

Another solution would be:
    "See next post" (I cant put it as a link because its my first post in this forum; to post links I would need at least 1 post before oO)
    But the "EB MP Load Replay Mod" data on gamefront is down apparently.
    How do you guys watch your replays after all?

Regards, Grimbold