Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flags of the Revolutionaries

Default Re: Flags of the Revolutionaries

The Quebequois get their blue thing with the crosses. When you take out France in Europe they go independent.

Blog Entries

The Apsolute monarchy for the UK is the same as the usual one. The republic is the George cross with two scottish flags in the top left and bottom right quarters.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusBeskar View Post
    Anyway, just as a point how the game is atypical itself. Communist Manifesto came out even before America abolished slavery, yet, you can have the technology skill researched for that freedom in the 1700's.

But Britain abolished the slave trade in 1807. History doesn't revolve around the USA, you know.
    "Romanes Eunt Domus"

- Brian of Nazareth

"We always have been, we are, and I hope we always shall be, detested in France."

- Arthur Wellesly

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    But Britain abolished the slave trade in 1807. History doesn't revolve around the USA, you know.
    Not to mention Lithuania and Japan which, according to Wikipedia, both abolished slavery in 1588
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
    Not to mention Lithuania and Japan which, according to Wikipedia, both abolished slavery in 1588
    Show offs .

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Show offs .
    You know those Lithuanians, always trying to show everybody up.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

You know those Lithuanians, always trying to show everybody up.

I went out with a Lithuanian girl once upon a time.

Nice girl. Big chest Lovely accent

But her dad was a gangster
    "Romanes Eunt Domus"

- Brian of Nazareth

"We always have been, we are, and I hope we always shall be, detested in France."

- Arthur Wellesly

I took some time and created a neat collage of the revolutionary flags. It appears absolute and constitutional monarchies have the same flags.

In short, we have:
    1 historical flag
    4 fictuous ones
    7 anachronisms
    Last edited by Azlahn; 04-02-2009 at 11:07.

This wonderful site shows all the possible flags appearing in Empire: Total War.

http://totalwar.honga.net/empire_units.php?g=all

Very nice collage by the way, Azlahn.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

The English Republic flag isn't too dismiliar from the one of the flags Oliver Cromwell used, at least according to Wiki.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_Flag

Could make a nice flag mod. Personally I like both the Jack and the 2nd Commonwealth flag.

In my game I replaced the US Monarchy flag with the Grand Union flag.....now if only I can trigger a revolution and overthrow the Republic.
    Last edited by Mailman653; 04-02-2009 at 21:23.

Blog Entries

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maladin View Post
    This wonderful site shows all the possible flags appearing in Empire: Total War.

Ah good. Though it does kind of take the 'oooh ahh' out of finding out yourself doesn't it.

Anyway, I can't seem to remember the music playing in M2, but I destinctly remember it in M1 though much less refined. My favourite piece of music for that game by far. Very impressive, but I'm getting off topic here.

This inteire thread has almost convinced me to give hell to my absolute monarchy and just have a massive civil war. If I spread out my armies it should provide some fun for a good while. I just can't imagine losing my Guards... It would devastate me to fight them, my very own household troops. But then agian I'm a bloody revolutionary trying to convince the Royal Guard to support me.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

just look in the Le FUSIL stat guide, it has all revolutionary flags for the major factions...

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=114977

I don't like the UP flag(it's the royal flag, while the republican flag should be the one in my sig)
    Last edited by Wausser; 04-02-2009 at 23:06.
    My Balloons:

Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

The actual UP flag

Newtownards, Co.Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Why is the Swiss confed in that list? Are they invisible in campaign then?

"Where some states have an army, the Prussian Army has a state!"
    - Voltaire

"There is no mistake; there has been no mistake; and there shall be no mistake."
    - 1st Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley

No place like home.

Blog Entries

Yep. That's what the Swiss thread is about. Go there and demand answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlahn View Post
    I took some time and created a neat collage of the revolutionary flags. It appears absolute and constitutional monarchies have the same flags.

In short, we have:
    1 historical flag
    4 fictuous ones
    7 anachronisms
    Well, the fictitious ones don't seem too unreasonable. Keep in mind that something like an American monarchy is... you guessed it, fictitious!
    Proud Strategos of the

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
    Well, the fictitious ones don't seem too unreasonable. Keep in mind that something like an American monarchy is... you guessed it, fictitious!
    I find it rather amusing that the Russian 'republican' flag is the historical flag of the Russian Empire. But CA wasn't content with that. They just had to go and slap the Tsar's flag over half of it and turn it into an ugly mess.
    They could've used the Muscovite flag for the Russian faction and I would've been happier than I am with this one.

guys i think many flags reflect republic. I am sure about Indian(Maratha) flag. It was adopted by India in 1947 after getting independence from UK.

Is it possible to form a modern Italy? I want to do a campaign as one of the Italian factions and get them to form modern Italy. I know, it didn't happen until the 1860's, I just want to do it myself 150 years earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Poncho400 View Post
    Is it possible to form a modern Italy? I want to do a campaign as one of the Italian factions and get them to form modern Italy. I know, it didn't happen until the 1860's, I just want to do it myself 150 years earlier.
    Well, if you install the mod that lets you play unplayable factions, you start with what's essentially the Papal States (your faction leaders are named after Popes), but the game calls them the Italian States I believe. They even speak Italian as a bonus. So you'll just start with Rome and will have to conquer the rest.

If having Popes for faction leaders bugs you enough, just start a revolution in Rome and you'll have a Republic in it's place (Italian States start off as a Monarchy). And going back to the original topic, you'll most likely keep the same flag as well since they were probablly never ment to have revolution due to their status as being unplayable. I've been trying to find info on the flag that is being used but I'm leaning towards it being a made up one and that it really should be an orange looking color with white which is reflected in the uniforms as well. The current yellow with white isn't seen untill a little after the game ends.
    Last edited by Mailman653; 04-03-2009 at 05:56.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Venice is one of the minor factions, controlling Southern Greece and Venetia.

Savoy could be loosely described as an Italian state.
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis View Post
    Ah good. Though it does kind of take the 'oooh ahh' out of finding out yourself doesn't it.
    It does remove the pleasure of unexpected discovery.

(I love this music as well. Reminds me of the first Total War game I ever bought...)

I find it rather amusing that the Russian 'republican' flag is the historical flag of the Russian Empire. But CA wasn't content with that. They just had to go and slap the Tsar's flag over half of it and turn it into an ugly mess.
    They could've used the Muscovite flag for the Russian faction and I would've been happier than I am with this one.
    To be fair, the "republican flag" was the imperial flag only from 1896; before that it was indeed the tsar's flag.

I do agree that mixing both flags was... questionable, to say the least. To think we can engineer revolutions but cannot even change the flag of the country we rule!

Oh well. Maybe in the next game we will be able to change the official religion of the country. Orthodox France for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladin View Post

Just noticed that 3 of the unplayable factions have republican flags in addition to the royal flags: Mughals, Denmark and Barbary States(!). I'd guess this means they were planned to be playable at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister V View Post
    Russian rebels seem to carry the regular tri-color (I tried to provoke a revolution once, to see how it goes - all my armed forces were split in half roughly, and that's about 20 stacks... would've been fun to actually fight them).
    So Russian rebels carry the same flag as regular Russian troops? If this is true, it explains something I saw that blew my mind a couple nights ago. I was playing as Prussia and had gone deep into Russia on campaign. I overextended myself and had only 1 stack of decent troops left who were already banged up a little and they were in a city about to be attacked by 2 stacks of good Russian troops. Before the 2 stacks of Russian troops could attack, the better of the two stacks went south towards another Russian army comming from the territory below. I thought great, now I get to try 1 stack of mine versus 3 of theirs. Then I thought I had drank too much when the two Russian stacks ended up fighting one another and pretty much wipied each other out leaving only one stack left. I beat the one stack pretty easily with minimal losses and it gave me a huge swing in that war which is pretty much over now. I assumed my eyes either played a trick on me or it was a strange bug.

*EDIT* I just reviewed the page that showed all the flags in ETW and I guess Russia does change flags. So now I was either seeing things again or a weird bug occured.
    Last edited by JeromeBaker; 04-03-2009 at 15:06.

@ JeromeBaker:

Maybe they were having a civil war when you entered?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azlahn View Post
    Just noticed that 3 of the unplayable factions have republican flags in addition to the royal flags: Mughals, Denmark and Barbary States(!). I'd guess this means they were planned to be playable at some point.
    The AI can have revolutions too.

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    The AI can have revolutions too.
    I know that. However, I do find it curious that only 3 of the unplayable factions have flags for the occasion.

Newtownards, Co.Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

The flag doesnt change if you go through a revolution to become a constitutional or absolute monarchy. Only the repblican flags are different, so the russians could easily have been fighting to create a new government type.

"Where some states have an army, the Prussian Army has a state!"
    - Voltaire

"There is no mistake; there has been no mistake; and there shall be no mistake."
    - 1st Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley

No place like home.

When i had a revolution as Morocco the flag stayed exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Che Guevara View Post
    Or if you're in a highly religious country... you could get people to unite under the name of god and provoke a religious communist revolution.
    If marx hadn't been so anti-religion he would have been a lot more successful.

I was gonna say about the dutch flag but then i read the rest of the thread...
    Last edited by Postino; 04-05-2009 at 20:18.
    Standing up for the rights of gay spies everywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12