Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shogun clans - Empire clans

Default Re: Shogun clans - Empire clans

Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post
    STW & MTW VI required skill.. will ETW require it in multi? RTW and MTW2 I couldn't play longer than a day online..
    Naval battles are quite interesting.
    Last edited by Paolai; 03-18-2009 at 13:43.

AMP - maybe you did not discover mtw 2 and rtw well.
    Some aspects of game required much more skill than mtw 1 or stw.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

What's up everyone!

I haven't visited this site in 2yrs and it's pretty badass to see it's still up and to see some old faces
    from the beginning of TW days :)

I might get ETW and if i do it'd be pretty chill to play once again with some of the oldies!

STW & MTW VI required skill.. will ETW require it in multi? RTW and MTW2 I couldn't play longer than a day online..

Amp :) I can still recall those Yari armies in Shogun.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

AMP and sp00n

Long time no see.

All the TotalWar games had their skills in different ways. I think the same will be found with E:TW.
    Unfortunately the loss of the Lobby, you will find, will make meeting up a lot more difficult.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Hmmm... would be nice to play with you guys again in a new TW, but this demo... :/ I'll have to give it more time I guess.

AMP... at the mere mention of the name highly skilled generals flee in terror!
    LittleGrizzly aren't you all grown up now? No need to fear me because you know the only reason I was good at TW is because I put alot of time into the game and I'm sure if the others put just as much time into the game they'd be just as good no? ETW I'll be noob all over again... just a grunt like everyone else :)

Hey amp not spoken to ages how are you? which games you dominating now?
    Hey Swoosh I'm all good just doing the normal gaming and working. You guys are making me out to be better than what I really was... I'm not dominating anything, but I do play World in Conflict and Dawn of War 2 with some new online buddies that I've made after TW.

Naval battles are quite interesting.
    Paolai only just interesting? I guess it's only just a few common sense clicks and cross your fingers hope you win type deal along with pretty graphics? :P

AMP - maybe you did not discover mtw 2 and rtw well.
    Some aspects of game required much more skill than mtw 1 or stw.
    Krook the multiplayer battles? Hmmm... would've been nice to compare replays of multiplayer battles from both to see that. The R P S isn't as strong and seemed more about which faction and units you picked that won you the game. I prefer how well you can play with just about any setup to be the deciding factor. Not everyones view on what skill is the same though.

BTW - are there replays for ETW multiplayer and camerafreedom?

BTW - are there replays for ETW multiplayer and camerafreedom?
    Yes and Yes. The options are there.

--call it conscience--

"Hey Swoosh I'm all good just doing the normal gaming and working. You guys are making me out to be better than what I really was... I'm not dominating anything, but I do play World in Conflict and Dawn of War 2 with some new online buddies that I've made after TW."

:) Noones making you out to be better than you were hun :P you were always 2nd best behind wolves :p

Joking aside the reason most of the old players remember you with respect is that you were for sure a top 3 player for a long time and very modest about your skills and never caught up in the more agressive side of compeditive games. Not many players could play a 2v2 using 2 pcs and 2 armies and beat above avg opponents :D

Did you give up on call of duty btw? was thinking to buy the new one when i get my new pc also :)

Btw you may be interested to know that ca are working on true multiplayer campaigns to be added in the patch, i remember we had fun with the old multiplayer campaign me and u setup so if u fancy some games when it comes out give me a shout.

Will you be trying out the game? Demo is quite a poor build with slow load times so i wouldent judge it by that at all. Personally i havent even tried the demo yet waiting on new pc first which i will get in 2-3 weeks.

Amp send me a pm with your msn i think i lost it or is it still ampmortog@ blah blah?

Btw anyone know what happened to shingenmitch2? or which games hes playing now?

Sp00n ur post count is terrible for being a member since 2001!! do ur talking on the battlefield eh? :)

At krook i have to disagree tbh i found rtw a joke sure it was faster but that was no problem to people with any skill, the tactics felt limited and many factors from the previous titles were simply lost and games were decided by army setup in many many cases. It was easily seen when many of us werent active and were beating the best active players with about 60-70% win ratios. Battles were mostly all the same and on that same darn map flat lifeless boring map whereas in shogun terrain was such a big factor in the games and not just for the defender.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 03-19-2009 at 08:46. Reason: I always edit!

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello AMP,

How are you?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    Btw anyone know what happened to shingenmitch2?
    He got married.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Hehe yukki is that game over? :p

Knowing mitch he probably has a secret command bunker under his house where he does shogun board games plans his strategys etc b4 hes called to dinnner :)
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 03-19-2009 at 05:18.

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

removed
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 03-20-2009 at 12:07.

Hehe yukki i mean with shingenmitch2 getting married was that game over for him? :) nm interesting post about the samwars :D

Buddha

Hehe yukki i mean with shingenmitch2 getting married was that game over for him? :)
    No. He just switched to a different game.

Paolai only just interesting? I guess it's only just a few common sense clicks and cross your fingers hope you win type deal along with pretty graphics? :P
    Well I said "quite interesting" cause I am playing ETW naval battles just from few days(15 days or so). Imho they are very tactic, luck is a minor factor. Fast clicking? Not at all. Battles are quite slow, you have time to think and adapt to your opponent if you are loosing, or if your opponet change his strategy cause he is loosing. Micro is important, but as I said it is not a clickfest. YOu can move your fleet in groups (they retain the formation) or do it ship by ship. Doing it ship by ship gives you a great advantage cause you can change formation manually otherwise you cannot. I never use groups, I prefer give commands ship by ship for that reason. It is not easy, but is not hard at all.
    So far I have played about 90 quick matches (I play JUST quick matches):
    I love quick matches, system gives you the fleet and decides era and money. You have to adapt fast to all the setups. The one who does less mistakes win, for me is enough to have fun.

So we're got replays and camerafreedom built into the game and gonna have a mp campaign as well soon. That's what I like to hear.

Swoosh - I'll hit you up again on msn. CoD never bothered after CoD:UO cause I didn't like the feel for it just didn't suit me. I'll meet you on the battlefield once again if I see more good feedback about the gameplay.

Tosa - I'm fine thanks and it's good to see you again. :)

Puzz3D - still here as well nice... and are you getting ETW?

Well I said "quite interesting" cause I am playing ETW naval battles just from few days(15 days or so). Imho they are very tactic, luck is a minor factor. Fast clicking? Not at all. Battles are quite slow, you have time to think and adapt to your opponent if you are loosing, or if your opponet change his strategy cause he is loosing. Micro is important, but as I said it is not a clickfest. YOu can move your fleet in groups (they retain the formation) or do it ship by ship. Doing it ship by ship gives you a great advantage cause you can change formation manually otherwise you cannot. I never use groups, I prefer give commands ship by ship for that reason. It is not easy, but is not hard at all.
    So far I have played about 90 quick matches (I play JUST quick matches):
    I love quick matches, system gives you the fleet and decides era and money. You have to adapt fast to all the setups. The one who does less mistakes win, for me is enough to have fun.
    Paolai very nice that's what I like to hear. +1 on that

Puzz3D - still here as well nice... and are you getting ETW?
    I don't plan on getting it.
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 03-20-2009 at 12:07.

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Hey, let me join the throng!

A.M.P.! A.M.P.! A.M.P.!

Heh, nice to see you around.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All these old timers I got to get into the ring with and beat, I need more heads in my Samurai Head Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzz3D View Post
    However, a number of the active players left to make their own version of the mod changing the unit stats of the Japanese units which I opposed. So, we no longer play regularly on once a week at this time because we don't have enough mp players interested in playing this mod.
    Sorry for posting off-topic but this quote needs correcting.

The number of active players who are quoted as left to make their own version of the mod were the ones who wanted to re-introduced the Mongols back into the game. After all, it was barocca's mod and that was what he wanted.

At this time there was no change of unit stats to the Japanese units.

The ones who left were the ones who objected to this change and decided that they no longer wanted to play. Even to the point of no longer posting replies in the Samurai Warlords sub forum.
    Last edited by Jochi Khan; 03-20-2009 at 01:37.

--call it conscience--

removed
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 03-20-2009 at 12:06.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Sorry for the interuption, but may I suggest to hold discussions on modification(s) of MTW and STW in the appropriate subfora?
    Last edited by Andres; 03-20-2009 at 11:57.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

"
    Sp00n ur post count is terrible for being a member since 2001!! do ur talking on the battlefield eh? :)

:) Thought I normally did when we played :)

It is shocking though

Waves to Jochi
    Last edited by Sp00n; 03-20-2009 at 12:19.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

is it true that there's no chat lobby? how does that work?
    orderofchaosknights.tk

Welcome back, it works like this;

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=114166
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Howwlll Swoosh and Paolai . Ofcourse also nice to see some main competitors like AMP and Sp00n here.

Great to see some old wolves still active! Yesterday I got the copy of ETW and will find out if its capable of reaching the STW standards we all look for. I did a search on our old website for Magy and Kocmoc but no sign of life there. Anyone still got some contact information to reach them?

Cheers!

Welcome back, Kocmoc is registered under the name Mars - so i guess dropping him a pm will do the rest.

You may want to consider registering in the official org ETW mp group led by Tomisama.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etwmp

Last edited by gollum; 03-25-2009 at 15:31.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Hello Dare,

How are you?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Hi TosaInu,

Nice to see you're also still around after 9 years. You continued playing the other TW's? I will have the time to play alot like in the old days, so hoping for the same experiences.

How about your younger brother?....Does he still play?

Quote Originally Posted by Dare View Post
    Hi TosaInu,

Nice to see you're also still around after 9 years. You continued playing the other TW's? I will have the time to play alot like in the old days, so hoping for the same experiences.
    Hello,

MP: MTW, VI, several of its mods, a few RTW, BI to test something for a modification, 2 M2TW, 2 Kingdoms, 2-4 for a M2TW/Kingdoms modification. So, officially yes :)
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast