Thread: question for wundai

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default question for wundai

technical luddite seeking wisdom here,when doing your buildings are you reskinning vanilla models or are they built from the ground up?and i assume your using photoshop and 3ds or similar?

Default Re: question for wundai

Build from the ground up :) Using 3dsmax for the models and Photoshop for the textures.

thanks for your quick reply.do you have to use the settlement ground plans from rtw,or do you make your own?i was under the impression that you couldnt alter the layout of a settlement,but you could change the building to whatever you want.

Well our mod uses the vanilla rtw plans at this moment yes.
    But some other mods I'm working with are already thinking of creating their own settlements plans, it can be done and the tutorials are out there for it :)

Maybe this will also be implemented in RNJ, but certainly not before the first beta ;)

We're also thinking aiming for changing the texture of streets etc. to give it all a more Japanese look but I haven't been able to accomplish that yet.

the reason i ask is rtw settlements are always on one level with a central plaza.it would be nice to fight through an accurate representation of a japanese city with buildings on different levels.

And that is levels in Height? You mean?

If so I can't really say if we are going to heighten the plains in a city, that would be quite the major adjustment.
    Last edited by Wundai; 03-10-2009 at 19:11.