Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tainted Evil [Non-mafia, BR style'd game] (Game Information & Summary Thread)

Default Tainted Evil [Non-mafia, BR style'd game] (Game Information & Summary Thread)

story
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

At that very moment he felt it. A massive psychic force of pure evil ran though his nerves.

The Imperial Space Marines have just appeared from warp space, into the space district of the planet Orgah. There was news of Orks appearing on the plant, near the city of Gamrom and the ever vigilant Imperial Space Marines were here to purge the planet of these xenos.

“Librarian Battle-Captain Taka.”

For a moment he was lost in time. He has served the Imperium for over a millennium and fought many great battles against the enemies of mankind; but he has never felt a force so evil that it would render him unconscious for a split second.

“Librarian Battle-Captain Taka.”

“Yes Astra Telepathica?”

“We have entered the space district of the planetary system Orgah safely. The battle barrage was undamaged during the warp and everyone onboard is safe.”

“Good. Astropath, did you feel anything when we exit the warp?”

“No Sire, why?”

Battle-Captain Taka did not answer. He was sure that something sinister was at this very planet. But he did not understand why the Astropath, who is also a Psyker, did not feel anything.

“ Initiate protocol 47 and scan the planet.”

In front of the Command Chair in which Battle-Captain Taka was sitting in, the main screen brought up a 3D imagine of the planet.

... ... ...

The system finished scanning and results came up.

[Foreign species detected]
    [Location: Gamrom city]
    [Friendly Forces Present: Imperial Guards]
    [Foreign Species Type: Orks]
    [Foreign Species Type: Space Marines]
    [Foreign Species type: UNKNOWN]

... ... ...

Bridge Controller 1: “Spaces marines? How can there be any other spaces marines? We are the first here-“

“I fear that it is not just the Greenskins we will be facing here. I sense the evil of Chaos. I can feel their heresy from here. However I’m more concerned about the Unknown. Do we have no records of what it is?”

Bridge Controller 2: “We have no records of what it is, but it doesn’t seem to be moving at all. It’s stationary. Initial telescopic observations actually seem to show that is it a relic of some sort.”

“A relic?”

The planet of Orgah was a relatively new planetary system to the Imperium, with a history of only around 3,000 years of human civilization under the protection of the Emperor. Why would there be relics on a planet as young as this?

Then the main screen updated itself:
    ... ... ...

[Foreign Species Type: UNKNOWN]

“Hmmmm........... Dispatch a squad to see what’s happening”

The orders were carried out, a squad of marines were drop podded onto the planet’s surface within 20 minutes.

-------------------------------------------------

It has been an hour since the drop pod has landed and immediately there has been no contact from the squad. The Battle-Captain was getting anxious about what to do – wait for reinforcements or to strike now? Walking backwards and forwards on the control bridge, he had finally decided: Seek the relic first, destroy the Orks after.

“Initiate Protocol 23”

The sirens sounded and the marines gathered to get ready to enter the drop pods.

Battle Captain Taka spoke to the marines before deployment

"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean. Hard and Fast."

And the Space Marines roared:

“For the Emperor!”

The Chaos Sorcerer looked into the sky. He could see Imperial Drop pods making their way to the surface of the planet.

“Ah...a fresh crop of victims. Come my minions! Let us find this relic and steal their souls! For Chaos!”

They looked into the skies. They could see Imperial Drop pods making their way to the surface of the planet.

“Fools.”

The Warboss looked into the skies. He could see Imperial Drop pods making their way to the surface of the planet.

“Humies! Form up, lousy runtz! Let’s get ‘em! WAAAAAAAAAAGH!”

Factions:

Space Marines – Main Objective: to retrieve the relic (Townie equivalent), Side objective: Unknown
    Chaos Marines – Main Objective: to retrieve the relic (Mafia equivalent), Side objective: Unknown
    Orks – Main Objective: Kill all the players (similar to Serial Killer equivalent) Side objective: Unknown
    Other Faction(s) – Main Objective: Unknown (Secret Role(s)) Side objective: Unknown

Game Mechanics

(some mechanics shamelessly stolen from Battle Royale)

Before the Game officially starts, you will be assigned a faction via pm.

You will be given a choice of units as your squad. The type of units will determine what kind of stats, abilities and traits you will get. These include:

Number of Units (HP) – the number of units in your squad that you control. No units mean you have been killed and will die.
    Melee Damage – How much damage you will dish out during close combat
    Ranged Damage – How much damage you will dish out during ranged combat
    Stealth Skills – How well you can hide, and how successful a planned ambush will be.
    Active Abilities – Abilities you can use during day or night
    Passive Traits – Extra passive traits that will give you bonuses automatically

I say Number of Units, but in reality, just treat it as one.

Turns

There will be a day phase and a night phase.

Day phases will last 24 hours UP TO 48 if I need to extend if for any reason.
    Night phases will last 24 hours. Most players will rest during night; however some players may be able to have night activities.

Movement is by vertical or horrizontal only - so horizontal does not count as 1 square movement

During the day phase (or night if your squad lets you), players need to pm me where they want to move to by giving co-ordinates. Also they should give me all instructions of what they want to do, including upon meeting players within range. The more detailed, the better. Some examples could be:

Attack enemies within range
    Setup ambush
    Use item X
    etc

Sometimes, I will also give you options in PMs before the phase ends. You may or may not pick an option, the choice is yours. So the earlier the PMs come in, the more advantageous it is for you.

Let me repeat: The More Detailed the PM, the better I can write up. The faster the PM in, the Higher the chance you MAY get an extra option (and the faster I can write up).

During a Day turn, players can move however many squares their squad lets them.
    During a Night Turn, players that can move at night can move however many square their squad lets them. The rest will stay in their current location and rest.

Attacking and defending

Attacking includes successful ambushes.
    The attacking party always strikes first.
    The defending party strikes second.
    Defending from a normal head on attack grants a +10% defensive bonus; defending from an ambush gives no bonus.
    If both Attack then the damge is done simultaneously. If both Defend, then there will be no damage to either side.

You can attack once per turn, but can defend any number of times.

Ranged and Melee
    Say you was at J7:

Then ranged weapons range is the 8 squares surrounding this square (unless your weapon says so otherwise).
    Melee Weapons range is J6, J8, I7 and L7 (the 4 adjacent squares). You can force the enemy into melee by being in the same square as them - they cannot use ranged weapons.

Stealth/Ambush
    Your stealth skill lets you hide whilst on the move. While moving between squares, you may or may not be seen within other's sight range - this depends on your stealth skills. At the end of your movement, you will automatically try to hide.
    Ambush also depends on your stealth skills. Ambush requires you to sacrifice movement for 1 turn to hide and prepare for an ambush. An ambush grants a +20% damage if successful - however if an ambush is unsuccessful then the defending party attacks first with a +20% damage bonus, the attackers does not have any bonus.

After a Battle, both parties will move back 1 square randomly in the opposite direction to the enemy

Events

Events will be posted in the main thread. This includes things that might have happened, locations etc.

Aims and objectives

Every player/faction will get a different objective. There may also be side-objectives you may want to do – this may give rewards

Misc

You can make alliances, but some factions will definitely not be able to work together e.g. space marines and chaos marines. But let me remind the players, EVERY player/faction will have their own objectives, so pick wisely.....

Everything that is done by chance will be done via random.org

Rules

You may not PM any of the other players without me telling you so. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO IS WHO ANYWAY. NOT EVEN YOUR TEAM MATES (yet)

Have Fun.

If I think of anymore, I will post them up.

The Map has be made by Yoyoma! Here it is:

Note: The wall around the Ork Camp in the bottom left can only be entered via the one entrance, unless of course you have a......

Sign-ups (8):
    Reenk Roink
    TheFlax
    Beefy
    pevergreen
    White_eyes:D
    shlin28
    777Ares777
    Yoyoma1910
    Last edited by taka; 03-27-2009 at 06:45. Reason: rules updated
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Act all cool and stuff, only taka knows about your true noobness.
    Tainted Evil, Reenk's synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.
    Gunfight at the O.K Corral

Default Re: Tainted Evil [Non-mafia, BR style'd game] (Game Information & Summary Thread)

Summary

Day1

Brother-Captain Taka was anxious about his squads. Sweat could be seen on his forehead. The Librarian has never been so nervous before, but this evil vibe was making him feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Any news about our squads?"

"Our newly deployed Drop pods have safely landed in the locations: P5 and C11"

"Why are they so far apart?"

"I don'd Know sir, it might have been the warp's influence"

"... What about our previous recon squad? still no news from them?"

"No sir..."

"Are there anymore happenings on near the city?"

"Sir, our sound wave receptors have detected a loud Orkish warcry and gunfire located south west, and some kind of engine sound can be heard south east of the map."

"Seems like the Orkz have been roused already. I am tired, I'm going to retreat to my quarters. Call me imediately if there is an emergency."

"Yes Sir"

DAY 1 ENDED

DAY 2 PMs IN PLEASE
    Please label as something along the lines of "TE Day 2 Actions/Command"

Day 2

Coming back onto the bridge, Brother-Captain Taka sat in his Command seat.

“Status?”

“It seems like one of our squads have engaged in battle at location P6, an Imperial Warcry could be picked up.”

“casualty?”

“No casualty.”

Librarian Taka gave a sigh of relief.

“What else has happened?”

“There is a distress flare detected at H7.”

“Is it the lost recon squad?”

“I have no idea sir. We have also picked up new signals on our sound wave receptor”

“Locations?”

“It seems like we have two Imperial Vehicles; one at location P14 and one which we have not been able to pinpoint, but near the location J17”

“Keep an eye out on things.”

“Yes sir”

DAY 2 ENDED

DAY 3 PMs IN PLEASE Please label as something along the lines of "TE Day 3 Actions/Command"

PLEASE add co-ordinates to your orders/commands

Day 3

All night, Brother-Captain stayed on the bridge, in his command seat. He had a quick nap – the evil power preventing him from having a good night sleep

“Anything happened today?”

“Nothing much sir. There wasn’t even any engine sounds today aside from the one near the south. There was gun fire at that same location though. It seems to be around I18.”

A request for an Orbital Bombardment at location E5 by our scouts appeared on the screen.

“Permission granted.”

And so energy blasts made their way to the surface of the planet. This gave Librarian Taka an idea.

“We will start an orbital bombardment sweep from tomorrow. We will start from the north adding rows of tiles each day and push our enemies to the south. Today, if we detect any movement in tiles 1-5, bombard the damn place.”

“Sir... Are you serious?”

Librarian Taka gave the controller a stare that indicated – Do I not look serious enough?

From now, you are not allowed to travel to north into the rows 1-5. This will result in an instant kill.

DAY 3 ENDED

DAY 4 PMs IN PLEASE Please label as something along the lines of "TE Day 4 Actions/Command"

DAY ENDS AT 4.00pm GMT

Day 4

Brother-Captain taka was getting slightly frustrated. It’s been four days and nothing. No information, no fighting, no relic.

“What information do we have?”

“Sir, there seems to be an increase in movement down south. There was gun fire followed by engine sound near the location of I17, which the engine sound then moved to around M14. We also have two heat signatures at P14 and L9.”

“Send down Whirlwind Artillery. If the two heat signatures are still there by tomorrow, I want them bombarded with artillery fire. Also I want to add row 6 and 7 to the Orbital Bombardment sweep, so anything that moves in rows 1-7 will be bombarded.”

“Yes sir.”

From now, you are not allowed to travel to north into the rows 1-7. This will result in an instant kill.

Also staying in the same location for more than 3 turns will leave you open to heat detectors. This will result in Whirlwind artillery being fired in your location, more than likely killing you

DAY 4 ENDED

DAY 5 PMs IN PLEASE Please label as something along the lines of "TE Day 5 Actions/Command"

DAY ENDS AT 4.00am GMT

Day 5

Brother-Captain Taka was sat in his command chair.

“Give me a brief update of the situation.”

“Sir seems like there was fighting near the location P16. Gun fire could also be picked at I11 by sound receptors. There is also a heat signature at D17.”

“You know what to do.”

“Yes sir.”

“Also I want Columns P to T to be added to the orbital bombardment sweep.”

“Yes sir.”

“I’m tired,I’ve been writing long reports all day. I’m going to bed.”

“Yes sir.”

... ... ...

A Massive Hail of Whirlwind Artillery struck at D17...

From now, you are not allowed to travel to north into the rows 1-7 and east columns P-T. This will result in an instant kill.

Also staying in the same location for more than 3 turns will leave you open to heat detectors. This will result in Whirlwind artillery being fired in your location, more than likely killing you

DAY 5 ENDED

DAY 6 PMs IN PLEASE Please label as something along the lines of "TE Day 6 Actions/Command"

DAY ENDS AT 4.00am GMT

Day 6

Once again returning to the bridge, Brother-Captain Taka walks over to his Command chair; but standing this time, not sitting.

“Sir there was a request for reinforcements by our scout squad.”

“Deploy it then.”

“Yes sir.”

A Sudden jab of sharp pain pierced into the Librarian’s brain. He then fell unconscious, into his chair.

20 minutes later

“Sir? Are you ok?”

Librarian Taka shook his head left and right.

“Yea, I’m fine I think.”

“Sir, you just blanked out, for twenty minutes.”

I gave a long stare at the Monitor.

“Anything to report?”

“Yes sir, there has been a sudden gathering of cloud over the city and we have no visuals. There was also a battle, but we cannot confirm location due to the static the clouds are generating.”

The Brother-Captain knew this was bad. A Powerful force has been release.

Note:
    Yes I know not everyone has got pm yet, I'm doing it right now and will send it out ASAP

From now, you are not allowed to travel to north into the rows 1-7 and east columns P-T. This will result in an instant kill.

DAY 5 ENDED

DAY 6 PMs IN PLEASE Please label as something along the lines of "TE Day 6 Actions/Command"

DAY ENDS AT 4.00am GMT
    Last edited by taka; 03-28-2009 at 06:34.

taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.

Default Re: Tainted Evil [Non-mafia, BR style'd game] (Game Information & Summary Thread)

PM's are OUT! if you've not got it yet, wait a few moments!

Please use this thread for disccusion from now

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

I assume this starts with a day phase?
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The flax is chaos marines

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    The flax is chaos marines
    You know this how?!?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    You know this how?!?!
    Did I get it right? Awesome
    Last edited by Beefy187; 03-20-2009 at 07:24.

I will neither confirm, nor deny this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    I will neither confirm, nor deny this.
    You don't have to. From the reaction, you are

I was only joking though. I really didn't think I'll get it right.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man I remember doing that in a mafia game at school. So good.

Beefy is the cow level.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

This is a really bad thread to talk about this, but that was the shortest reveal in a mafia game, ever.
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

its not mafia :P

and yes, its starts as a day, so start thinking about those orders!

I guess I'm rather newbish....

Btw, the more you take into account of and write more, the better i can come up with ideas and write-ups.

just make the actions realistic. Also the order of things MAY have a big effect on how thigns go, so think through it.

Also, movement doesnt have to come first - you can do actions and then movements. just do it how you want it.

if its a no good command, i'll tell you

FOR THE EMPEROR!
    Last edited by taka; 03-20-2009 at 07:42.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

I sent in mine.....did it have everything it needed???

and our fastest action poster is..... "dum de de dum" - WHITE EYES!

just to let you know, I have updated the Rules

another note is, if i have given you the identity of a player, you CAN pm them

Bested me by a few minutes. I blame Beefy for sidetracking me.

Just tell me where you are and I will meet you.....

Sorry, but also need to mention

no 1 square horizontal movement please updated rules

man, i just realised how many holes i've got in my mechanics

also Note: The wall around the Ork Camp in the bottom left can only be entered via the one entrance, unless of course you have a......

o, and officially

Pre-Day one has started

(as in, once all pms are in, day 1 starts)
    Last edited by taka; 03-20-2009 at 08:20.

Are you Chaos too? Maybe we can

then just get me as close to that location as possible....(I don't want to make your in-box full)

boy, whoever's got chaos is gonna have hell of a time

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Excuse me, Mr. White Eyes, but:

"You goin' down!"

Mwahahahahahhahahaahahahahahaha.

I'm gonna pound you flat as a poor man's crepe.

My kingdom for a .

i've got 4 of the PMs already, just waiting for the other half. if i get them all quick enough, i'll end the turn quickly.

Bring it on.....

wow... I have one of these commands which really impress me a LOT of depth anyone unfortunate enough to meet this player will have a hard time

edit

still waiting for 2 more tho:

Reenk
    Beefy
    Ares

If i dont get them today then they will remain where they are and hide
    Last edited by taka; 03-21-2009 at 00:33.

being the weekend, round extented for a day. also i want to make a fairly big change (hopfully the last tweak)

THERE WILL BE NO NIGHT PHASES. TURNS WILL BE DAYS ONLY. ANYONE WHO CAN MOVE AT NIGHT CAN ADD THEIR NIGHT MOVEMENT TO THEIR DAY MOVEMENT.

this is to make the game more action intensive

sorry for the change again

i'm going to bed now

hope those pms come in soon

So we can send our orders again to take this in to account?

someone got night movements? oooo these badboys wanna do more

go on then, since i've extended the round might as well

and since a lot of people are camping........ maybe you can start some action on these campers

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast