Thread: Good AI Mod

Default Good AI Mod

Anybody know of a good AI mod? I've tried Ultimate AI but I really didn't like the whole money script that takes money from the player.
    Using the power of the Griff cannon, we make a Griff sized hole in the outer wall. Or we paint it a very disgusting color. -Sarge

Well, wizards do tend to be a bunch of guys walking around wearing dresses. That's enough to frighten me right there.

Default Re: Good AI Mod

You could try my mod, not only dose it not use an independent money script, but it even takes away some of the hard-coded money bonus for "hard" difficulty, while at the same time presenting more challenge then Vanilla. Although I admit it's not on par for difficulty as UAI and similar AI mods that give the AI stuff. I do give the AI some advantages, check the read-me for what and why.

I was making great headway on a newer version, but, alas, I lost my hard-drive (physical damage...) and have moved on to E:TW

Find it here.

If your looking for difficulty, go with V 0.75, if you like using the strategic elements (devastation, port blockade etc) update it to 0.9 (I messed up on the upload for 0.9, so you need to get the descr_cultures.txt separately and put it manually into the C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\medimod\data folder, sorry ) This really only effects the long-term performance (50+ turns) and is not essential to the basics if your uncomfortable doing so.

Unfortunately the loss of my hard-drive included a mod-compatibility mode that featured just the necessary files for the base AI.
    Last edited by CavalryCmdr; 03-26-2009 at 20:19.