Thread: Since it is possible to Add historical battles to a mod ( The first triunvirate mod)

Default Since it is possible to Add historical battles to a mod ( The first triunvirate mod)

Hi everybody. I would like knowing how it is possible to modify a file exe of a mod to be able to add an option. I am playing the mod "The first triunvirate" and they are four feasible individuals who include provincial campaigns of Julius Caesar, Pompey the Great, Crassus, Vercingetorix and the Parthians. On the principal screen of the game the options appear rapid battle and campaign. I would like knowing if there is some way of being able to include the option historical battles in the menu. He told to me people on Spain that it was necessary to unpack the game, but the historical battles it are already. Thank you in advance. Sorry for my bad english. Xao

Default Re: Since it is possible to Add historical battles to a mod ( The first triunvirate m

They probably just deleted it , because they probably didn't want historical battles .. What can you do ? Is it for Vanilla RTW , BI or Alex ?

Default Re: Since it is possible to Add historical battles to a mod ( The first triunvirate m

What I want is to edit in the Vanilla RTW historical battles of the period like Pharsalus, Gergovia, Bibracte, Zela, Munda, Tapsus... later to be able to include them in the mod. Something similar to the entire Rome Total war Alexander, where you can do a campaign and play historical battles of the period.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devean85 View Post
    On the principal screen of the game the options appear rapid battle and campaign. I would like knowing if there is some way of being able to include the option historical battles in the menu.
    TFT mod is in a modfolder

if you don't see the historical battles on the menu - that is because they have changed the menu - look in the mod-folder which will be something like
    Rome total war/TFT/data/menu
    if they have a file in there called menu.lnt
    that is overruling the RTW file and removing the historical battles menu option.
    If you rename that file so its not used .eg. call it xmenu.lnt
    you'll get the old RTW menu back and the historical battle option will come back..

That doesn't necessarily mean the historical battles will work! The battles in the RTW folder will be available but if the mod doesn't include the same units etc... then you won't be able to use them without modifying them.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Thank you very much, Makanyane , is the type of information that was looking. I will prove it.

Hello again. I have proved the Makanyane suggestions and some things do not work. The file Rome.lnt appears instead of menu.int. On having modified the first one, the historical battles appear. I edit them including the units of the mod, but the game always does crash to me. Also, in the menu TFT 1,92 appears full campaign and custom battles, but the historical battles appear without his corresponding name.

The portraits are another problem. I would like being able to assign a portrait to a certain general, veáse Caesar. Initially I unpack in the original rome data/ui/roman/portraits. I replace them with those that I want, but on having played the campaign, it mixes the portraits to me. There happens the curiosity of which to Caesar and Crassus in advanced age (old), they repeat themselves. I would like knowing that I can do to avoid this.

Thank you and excuse for the long of my explication.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Hello again. I have proved the Makanyane suggestions and some things do not work. The file Rome.lnt appears instead of menu.int.
    sorry my mistake rome.lnt is the right name

On having modified the first one, the historical battles appear. I edit them including the units of the mod, but the game always does crash to me. Also, in the menu TFT 1,92 appears full campaign and custom battles, but the historical battles appear without his corresponding name.
    various possibilities - the position for the historical battle (set in the old RTW files) is not an accessible area in the TFT map... also check that the faction names in the historical battles are the same as those used by the TFT mod (look up in descr_sm_factions)

The portraits are another problem. I would like being able to assign a portrait to a certain general, veáse Caesar. Initially I unpack in the original rome data/ui/roman/portraits. I replace them with those that I want, but on having played the campaign, it mixes the portraits to me. There happens the curiosity of which to Caesar and Crassus in advanced age (old), they repeat themselves. I would like knowing that I can do to avoid this.

Thank you and excuse for the long of my explication.
    You can only assign a specific general a specific portrait, if you're using the Alexander extension with it's .exe

Also if you unpack using normal procedure you end up with
    Rome - Total War\Data\packs\DATA\UI\ROMAN\PORTRAITS
    it doesn't read anything from
    Rome - Total War\Data\packs\DATA....
    you need to copy the bits you want and make new folders at
    Rome - Total War\Data\UI\ROMAN\PORTRAITS

you may need to include at least as many portraits in that folder as are included in the packed version - or it could give you a mix and match .... (your new stuff for first ones and packed version for the numbers you haven't included)
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the: