Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unit Info Card Mod

Default Re: Unit Info Card Mod

Yep most of them do suck terribly, except these guys

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post
    on a more positive note, this mod has given me a more profound understanding of just how s*** western archers are , I've never had the two fight each other yet so i never so i only knew they had a slightly lower attack, now i find out they have about 2/3 the range, a huge tactical disadvantage. Stupid westies
    Same here. I knew about the range, and the unit size and attack values were obvious. Yet those western clowns have less than half the ammo of real archers too!

Great idea!
    I am downloading this mod right away but first, is it compatible with other mods? (i have the phalnx mod, extended offices, and am running eb for BI)

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Definately works with the extended offices and EB for BI mods, should work for phalanx mod too.

Basically as long as a mod does not change the export_unit.txt file my mod will work with it.

I'm not shure but doesn't the phalanx mod modify that doc?

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Nope, had a wee look just to be sure. Phalanx mod changes export_descr_unit.txt not export_unit.txt so you shold be fine.

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

bloody hell i feel like a tool. I was getting that error because i didn't realise that there was a separate icon for running eb for bi, i was just using the old icon

Sorry for the trouble

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

Clear the battlefield... Member Tarkus's Avatar

GREAT job, bobbin!! I'm very early in a Baktrian campaign and I really need to keep up to speed on comparative ranges of my and my enemies' missile units. I literally heard myself saying yesterday "Man, it would be great to see the range data on the UICs"...and here it is!!

Many thanks once again...I'll get it cranked up tonight...
    I have seen the future and it is very much like the present, only longer -- Kehlog Albran, The Profit

Im using alex.exe and i can just see the ammo and arrow values. There's nothing about special abilities, discipline etc. Is it just me or alex or is something going really wrong here?

From the change log
    Removed lots of duplicate and incorrect information from the descriptions (ie. unit card would say a unit had cantabrian circle ability twice or would say it had sapping ability when it didn't).
    The info should still be there just under the "Abilities at a glance" section, they're worded differently though eg disciplined becomes Excellent morale or something like that.

Like in this photo

Does that appear in alex? I wasn't able to check as i don't have it.

No there are no empty lines. Just missing information.

Description

Range
    Ammunition

Text...

That's it. Nothing else.

Sorry should have said that better, the info you want is IN the "abilities at a glance" section, what i removed was the stuff in the "description" section that repeated what was already said in the "abilities at a glance" part, these were things that were put in when the descriptions were originally written by the EB team. The picture in the first post is from an earlier version, you can see what i meant about repeated info (cantabrian circle ability is mentioned twice).

Just to make it clear, you should only see the Range and Ammunition values in the "Description" section all other stuff is in the "Abilities at a glance" section (sapping, flaming missles..ect).
    Last edited by bobbin; 05-02-2009 at 21:12.

Hm, okay. Ive found two bugs so far: The velites description is missing completely and the sardinian infantry units have an empty line.

Edit: And the Jewish spearmen lacks a "-" in their ammunition line.

It would be cool to include the information "ap" in the ammunition section. No matter what ur submod is a really must. Once u have it u dont want to miss it.
    Last edited by Laza; 05-02-2009 at 22:22.

Thanks! found the problem, will release a new version after my exams are done (roughly 4 weeks) which will have a lot more info (ap, lethality, secondary weapons ect).

Good luck with ur exams!

Looking forward to it! You might also want to check the Thracian light spearmen (Thraikioi Doryphoroi, or something like that). I thought I noticed them missing a range/ammo notation though they do have javelins. Been a while since I've looked, though...

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

good job mate!
    do not forget to add scare infantry or something like that if missing though I never played with germans.
    and anyone know how to change unit card picture of grivpandar ( parthian late armoured cataphracts) cos in campaign and battle screen it shows the picture of late parthian bodyguard
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 05-04-2009 at 09:20.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Is it just the little picture? I had that too, it turns out two files names got mixed up, you need to go to EB\Data\UI\UNITS\PARTHIA and find #steppe_cavalry_parthian_general.tga and rename it #steppe_cavalry_grivpanvar.tga.

Don't think you need to keep the old #steppe_cavalry_grivpanvar.tga so you can just delete it or rename it #steppe_cavalry_parthian_general.tga

thanks mate I just changed them and methinks I just learned how to put armoured indian elephants unit card I added armoured indian elepants for pahlava in edu but it had peasant unit card. so I think it will work now

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    methinks I just learned how to put armoured indian elephants unit card I added armoured indian elepants for pahlava in edu but it had peasant unit card
    Remember to do the same in the UNIT_INFO folder as well, it holds the bigger pictures of the units you get when you look at their descriptions

ps. props for creating the Extended Offices Mod, I do enjoy my titles me.
    Last edited by bobbin; 05-05-2009 at 00:53.

Quote Originally Posted by jhhowell View Post
    Looking forward to it! You might also want to check the Thracian light spearmen (Thraikioi Doryphoroi, or something like that). I thought I noticed them missing a range/ammo notation though they do have javelins. Been a while since I've looked, though...
    Thanks, found and fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Remember to do the same in the UNIT_INFO folder as well, it holds the bigger pictures of the units you get when you look at their descriptions

ps. props for creating the Extended Offices Mod, I do enjoy my titles me.
    I did it but forgot to change descr_model_battle at first until the CTD, now I have armoured indian elephants even they can destroy arygispides only two elephant casualty. I look forward to see what romans do when I invade italy with them

it is easy to add a unit present in the mod but it is beyond me to add a brand new unit

EOM is aimed for to add a goverment sytem for all faction but barbarians, carthage and hayasdan has no offices because of lack of info and time (another exam maniac am I)
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 05-05-2009 at 13:35.

My Submods for EB

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    it is easy to add a unit present in the mod but it is beyond me to add a brand new unit
    Its not too difficult, i usually make the Hetaroi Kataphraktoi and Saka Late Kataphracts into recruitable units, all I do is copy and paste the unit entries for the bodyguards do a little editing and rename them, then all thats left is editing the EDB, usually I copy the recruitment range of a similar unit and just insert my new units names.

Unles that is you talking about creating a new unit from scratch (new model,skin ect) then...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Unles that is you talking about creating a new unit from scratch (new model,skin ect) then...
    this one I mean and as you may know units is hardcoded.. you cannot pass beyond a certain number.

My Submods for EB

It is hardcoded but EB hasn't reached the limit yet, I think there are around 40 unit slots still unused, not sure how many model slots are left but they haven't reached that limit either.
    Last edited by bobbin; 05-05-2009 at 14:49.

I do not know either plus I am uncapable of creating new ones BTW...
    I use alex and IIRC it has an extra number of units as well..

My Submods for EB

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Thumbs up Re: Unit Info Card Mod

Thank you so much bobbin!! Your mod is working perfectly so far and it is the most useful mod of them all! I am an EDU-checking maniac, so your modification is indispensable. Here:
    Last edited by Aemilius Paulus; 05-16-2009 at 04:53.

Hallooooo!! is someone there? Member J.R.M's Avatar

Wooohooo!!! the best of the best thx very much!
    CHEERS!

Ahora mas que nunca, FUERZA CABROS!! ¡Viva Chile! Thrash till Death!

New bug found recently: The Germanic mercenary Wargozez guys need a close look. I think u have forgotten to change their description since the first version.

Cheers! must have missed that one out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast