Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bug List (Post Patch #3)

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

Default Re: Bug List (Post Patch #3)

I could train colonial dragoons in America and ship them over, but that is just ridiculous.

CTD when moving units into provincial capitals

Has happened when moving anything from 1 to 20 units into a number of cities in all 3 theatres. Anyone have this problem too? At times it happens every few turns.
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

I tried doing a search for this, so my apologies if this has been mentioned before:

The pennants on the ships are blowing the wrong way!

On the strategic map, the wind blows the sails forward, yet the pennants are facing backward!

Last edited by Gorm; 06-02-2009 at 16:11.
    Playing M2:TW and R:TW on an Intel Mac!

Places I have lived:

Places I have visited:

"The ingenuity of the device blinds us to its utter uselessness."
    (anonymous British civil servant, circa 1940)

(www.3dflags.com)

Thats funny I just noticed in my last battle that the wind was blowing from behind my battle line e.g. all the flags were fluttering forward towards the enemy, and yet the rain was blowing into my soldiers faces.
    Last edited by Didz; 06-10-2009 at 11:31.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

In my UP campaign I'm having annoying CTD's when attempting to move small army groups with an artillery unit as the captain of that force. The problem seems to be the artillery unit itself. If I split the rest of the infantry & cavalry units away from the arty unit, no CTD. Try moving the group with the arty unit included anywhere, into or out of a port, attacking a city, marching down the road, CTD. It's really hampering my Caribbean island hopping invasion of the Spanish Empire. Even if I attempt to disband the arty unit I get a CTD.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    In my UP campaign I'm having annoying CTD's when attempting to move small army groups with an artillery unit as the captain of that force. The problem seems to be the artillery unit itself. If I split the rest of the infantry & cavalry units away from the arty unit, no CTD. Try moving the group with the arty unit included anywhere, into or out of a port, attacking a city, marching down the road, CTD. It's really hampering my Caribbean island hopping invasion of the Spanish Empire. Even if I attempt to disband the arty unit I get a CTD.
    I've had this same problem repeatedly in my games.

I had to abandon my Spanish Campaign in the end simply because of the constant CTD's, but the first occurred when I found I could not longer move, or disband, the General of my main army after landing him in a port.

I've had others since all focussed on the General or commander of a stack.

The bad news is that in my experience these initial CTD events are merely the heralds of a worsening level of corruption which will eventually make your game unplayable.

In my Spanish Campaign I was able to carry on playing for a time simply by leaving the wayward General sitting alone in his port. But as the game progressed I found more and more events and actions that caused the game to crash until I simply could not proceed any further.

My conclusion is that something causes a corruption in the campaign data file which first manifests itself in a General/Commander unit, but then gets relipcated turn by turn until it makes the game unplayable.
    Last edited by Didz; 06-10-2009 at 11:38.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

I happen to agree with the above post, and am considering a campaign with either no generals or generals only made at capitol. I seem to have the most problems with generals created away from home while in forward theater.

but nothing beats the "cant declare war" bug. im debating whether to start another campaign because i'm bored, but the war bug came very late game, which justkills my morale
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    I've had this same problem repeatedly in my games.

I had to abandon my Spanish Campaign in the end simply because of the constant CTD's, but the first occurred when I found I could not longer move, or disband, the General of my main army after landing him in a port.

I've had others since all focussed on the General or commander of a stack.

The bad news is that in my experience these initial CTD events are merely the heralds of a worsening level of corruption which will eventually make your game unplayable.

In my Spanish Campaign I was able to carry on playing for a time simply by leaving the wayward General sitting alone in his port. But as the game progressed I found more and more events and actions that caused the game to crash until I simply could not proceed any further.

My conclusion is that something causes a corruption in the campaign data file which first manifests itself in a General/Commander unit, but then gets relipcated turn by turn until it makes the game unplayable.
    Curses, you are quite right. It's 1750 and I'm making my move on the Mughals. The CTD's are becoming more frequent and varied. I find myself having to go back several years to try and avoid the CTD move. This really stinks.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Sorry, but that seems to be par for the course I'm afraid.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

When i try to create a general, the tool tip says I can't, yet I can still click the button to create one.

Playing M2:TW and R:TW on an Intel Mac!

Places I have lived:

Places I have visited:

"The ingenuity of the device blinds us to its utter uselessness."
    (anonymous British civil servant, circa 1940)

(www.3dflags.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    When i try to create a general, the tool tip says I can't, yet I can still click the button to create one.
    Yep! I've noticed that, it claims you don't have the money even though you do. I get the same recruiting admirals.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Well my UP long campaign is finally fubar'ed with that CTD bug. Strange how it went from the occassional crash when moving a general's unit from a port invasion to crashing when moving a fleet to crashing when moving an agent to crashing when ending a turn....

Guess I'll try the short campaign till a patch comes along to fix this. That or play something else.

I had ridden down several artillery units but one group of those guncrews managed to rally and returned to the battle. They didn't go back to their guns though (and issue wort looking in to of itself, really) but instead sat just outside of rifle range.

But in this case, they didn't need the cannons to shoot. Imagine my surprise when they proceeded to shower my own artillery with lime shot, to devastating effect. I saw the crew standing their, smoke and flash from a non-existent barrel, and then the impacts. There was no question of confusion or mistake. That unit of artillery without any cannon used cannon fire!

Sadly, it was late and it was a rather pivotal battle going rather badly so I didn't wait for a repeat performance but blasted them to bits with my remaining cannons before any encore could materialize.

Yeah! gun crews in this game behave really strangely. In previous titles they could be relied upon to stay out of trouble and return to their guns as soon as the coast was clear. But in this one they are completely whacky, I caught one batteries gunners chasing a unit of routing cavalry hald way across the map in one game.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

This may have been brought up before, but in case it has not:

Skirmishers always face away from the enemy after they pull back and just get chased all over the place...

They should face the way they were firing and continue the battle without all the micro management, don't you think?

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Yep! they are really bugged badly.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Two bugs that seem to have been there since I first bought the game.

I seem to consistently get a complete crash (ie blue screen and the computer restarts) when I either

1. Click on the trade panel

or

2. Attack a pirate fleet. (especially if they are on a trade spot. It has also happned when I have attacked other nations fleet on trade spots, I have only done this twice and both times I have gotten the above mentioned crash)

These bugs are serious mood killers, so a fix would be most welcome.
    Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --St. Augustine

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345