View Poll Results: What EBI faction should be replaced in foavour for a new one?

Voters
105. This poll is closed
  • Aedui

3 2.86%
  • Arverni

4 3.81%
  • Baktria

5 4.76%
  • Casse

18 17.14%
  • Epeiros

5 4.76%
  • Getai

3 2.86%
  • Hayasdan

3 2.86%
  • Koinon Hellenon

5 4.76%
  • Lusotannan

6 5.71%
  • Makedonia

4 3.81%
  • Pahlava

3 2.86%
  • Pontos

5 4.76%
  • Ptolemaioi

3 2.86%
  • Qarthadast

3 2.86%
  • Romani

18 17.14%
  • Saba/Sab'yn

27 25.71%
  • Saka Rauka

12 11.43%
  • Sauromate

3 2.86%
  • Selukids

3 2.86%
  • Sweboz

3 2.86%
  • Neutral

33 31.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What confirmed faction should not be in EBII?

Default Re: What confirmed faction should not be in EBII?

Isn't it a bit stupid to argue with a member of the EB team.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    Has that meant that we have made some conclusions that cannot be fully deducted from the evidence we have? Yes, such is history. Have we done so more than we have for other factions? Yes. Has that been necessary? Yes. Can we not just shift that faction slot to another area where less inferences need to be made? Possibly, but then I would also suggest that we remove Hayasdan as well. The archaelogical record (at the moment) is almost non-existent for our time-period, and as for written sources, they are contradictory, unsatisfactory and annoyingly limited.
    Did you suggest that you will kick Hayasdan? Or was that an Example?

The EB Team, to my understanding, has been hit repeatedly with threats and complaints. I believe that if we let the team alone, give a few friendly suggestions, they will get thew job done faster, we can then enjoy EBII (hopefully) before 2012.

Mind you, sayng that Macedonia is rubbish (not that I am) will get a few interesting replies......
    Last edited by Alsatia; 05-14-2009 at 14:20.

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

I think they could merge all the unwashed barbarians into one faction, all the greeks into the "greek cities" and divide the roman in 3 useless factions. Then Bactria should be renamed to Bartix, and given some Yutseb elephants and Amazon chariots.

Just kidding

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

this thread is pointless, we have both place for all the current factions and for the new ones as well.
    faction fanaticism really annoys me

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

And so it does. This is an opinion thread. Like "If you had a choice" kind of thing.

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

but the thread has already been another place of "greko-roman thread fights"....
    more than 20 wants romani to be omitted...
    some may think this thread as fun but there is no use for a neutral idea here...
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 05-17-2009 at 10:10.

My Submods for EB
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Well, I did not make the tread on the intention of a Roman vs Greece fight, People just get moody at times, especially when it comes to factions. I should of saw this as inevitable.....

Neutral being that you want none to be omitted. Opinions differ, and I have to respect that.

To me it's quite senseless to cancel factions that took great influence to history like the romans . It's as senseless as canceling the Eleutheroi ^^
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

hahaha rome got 18 votes. Great
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

hey what if i suggested a black dominated faction (Ethiopia maybe?i think they were farther down Africa)

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaDerHunn View Post
    hey what if i suggested a black dominated faction (Ethiopia maybe?i think they were farther down Africa)
    If you can find a way to add another culture slot, that would indeed be great! But, alas...

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    If you can find a way to add another culture slot, that would indeed be great! But, alas...
    Hopefully.........(I think Mr. boom-boom will get angry at CA if they didnt add another culture slot to R2:TW and he WILL bring his friend Mr.C4)

why do people argue against the EB team? I mean it's a mod, even if there were any flaws (I can't see them), I mean ITS A MOD

As for the quiz: obviously the Seleukids and the Ptolemies should be deleted and their provinces just given to Sweboz. That could easily simulate the same development of the world as the current array of factions does.
    Moreover, I advise that Syracusans must be added to EB (insp. by Cato the Elder )

Is looking forward to the 2090's, when EB 20.0 will be released - spanning the entire Eurasian continent and having no Eleutheroi - with a faction for every independent state instead. Look out for the Gedrosians, the Cretans and the kingdom of Kallatis!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123