Thread: Year in history

Default Year in history

Sory to bring this up again but can i have a go at expanding what already exists with the year in history? I would like to add futher to make it an even better experience. A lot of people are upset that it stops just where it gets good i.e hannibal is in italy and u have the exploits of the macedon wars and lots of hellenic.

I wouldnt add much, just enough to have covered the start of the roman expansion this would give people a better idea of how things shaped diplomatically and on the battle field over the next ten or so years leading to a more romansied europe.

I think a better idea later in the campaign would be not to have a year in history but more a key point in history so as to describe the key points maybe every 10 years a short description of the most notible and recorded changes of that time.

Plz let me know because i think this would give the game a better finish.

I could even make up a presentation to see if you guys like the look of my idea before you make any decisions.

Thanks. Adam
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

Default Re: Year in history

You can write as you wish, however we can make no promises as to what will be included by us. You could of course release it as a mini-mod, if we don't, in the end, use it.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Will The Year In History scripts all have to be rewritten or will they just be recycled?
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

I think recycling should suffice for those already written.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Is it just me or do the year in history things eventually stop about halfway through?
    All men will one day die, but not every man will truely live.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Is it just me or do the year in history things eventually stop about halfway through?
    they do.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

I think it does because by the time it stops, your map and campaign would be so distorted to actual history.

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

Or it could have something to do with the hours and hours of work and research that go into making them and not having enough time to make them past 212BC because they are busy with EB II.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

That is why he is asking if it will continue till the end of the timeline in EBII.

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

It will continue. To the end of the timeline? Perhaps in time. Definitely not initially.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I say dont focus on this. It is already great in EB1.
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lionhard View Post
    Sory to bring this up again but can i have a go at expanding what already exists with the year in history? I would like to add futher to make it an even better experience. A lot of people are upset that it stops just where it gets good i.e hannibal is in italy and u have the exploits of the macedon wars and lots of hellenic.
    The team is currently working on the YIH events. We have some more years covered, and we're currently laying out the template for the 199-100 BC period.

As a small gift for you, the currently unreleased (and still WIP) Year in History event for 204 BC:

Quote Originally Posted by The EB team
    This year in history: Apollodorus is the Eponymous Archon in Athenai for the year, in its 572 year after the first Olympiad, the first year of the 144th Olympiad. M. Cornelius Cethegus and P. Sempronius Tuditanus are elected as consuls at Roma, in this 549nd year ab urbe condita. The inundation of the Neilos marks the start of the season of Achet (in late October) and is reckoned as the first year of the Pharaoh Ptolemaios V Epiphanes.

In Egypt, Ptolemaeus launches a huge warship, 280 cubits long, with 40 banks of oars. He subsequently constructs two enormous ships more, one for the sea and one for the river Nile. He begins building walls around Gortyn in Crete, but does not complete them. The Ptolemaic king, after eighteen years of reign, dies, and leaves his kingdom to his son Ptolemaios V, surnamed Epiphanes.

In Greece, the tyrant Nabis rebuilds Spartan power, intensifying Kleomenes’ reform program. He exiles the wealthy, divides the estates and frees an unexpectedly large number of slaves, bolstering Lacedemonian numbers, but he maintains the Helot slavery as part of the system he was claiming to restore. To consolidate his power as sole ruler of Sparta, he executes the last remnants of the Eurypontid and Agaid dynasties. He unsuccessfully attacks Meglopolis

In the Aegean, a war outbreaks between Crete and Rhodes, allegedly caused by Heracleides, an agent of Philippus.

In Italy, M.Cato becomes a political ally of Fabius Maximus. He then is assigned to Scipio in Sicily as a quaestor. In April, the image of the Magna Mater arrives at Rome; P.Scipio Nasica and Claudia are chosen to lead it into the city. Twelve Latin colonies are punished for failing to provide contingents during the last six years. In Bruttium, indecisive fighting takes place between Hannibal and Sempronius. The censors celebrated the lustrum ceremony. 214,000 citizens were registered.

The senate debates the conduct of Scipio in Sicily, and the crimes of Pleminius at Locri. Roman commissioners, led by the praetor M.Pomponius, punish Pleminius, but approve the preparations of Scipio's army, which then departs to Africa from Lilybaeum. In Africa, Hasdrubal persuades Syphax to repudiate his friendship with Scipio, and to embrace an alliance with Carthage instead. Scipio lands at Pulchri Promunturium, north of Utica, and is joined by Masinissa. Both defeat and kill Hanno, the son of Hamilcar, near Salaeca, and then besiege Utica. Scipio is then forced to raise the siege because of the approaching of the combined force of Hasdrubal, son of Gisco, and Syphax.

Pyrrhias of Aitolia won the stadion at Olympia. Other victors include Damokrates of Tenedos in wrestling, Sodamos of Assos in the boy's stadion, and an Argive in the diaulos.
    And that's just *one* year.

oooohhh... I likey

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Year in history

Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Nyce. Got any info on the madcap mayhem Megas Antiochos was spreading around Asia Mikra at this time? Just got back from Gerrhaia IIRC.
    "The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector