Thread: Possible use of Forts

Default Possible use of Forts

Hello everyone

I have read this on the forum quite often: what about the forts? and from what I understand they will not be used
    Personally I think its wrong we can find good use for them and it has already been suggested.
    My idea is this: as an example ETW has a settlement which is the Capital of a Province and other map objects like farms shops forts small towns etc. I think that using forts to simulate small ancient towns in a province would bring a lot of realism to the game-play and make it a bit more challenging perhaps; for example the Province of Getia Koile could have the Capital at Sarmiszegethusa as before (having the main role in command of the province - lose this town you lose the province - and economical role, being the only city on which you can modify the infrastructure etc and beside this main city to have 2 or 3 forts stand in for small towns (which can have only a strategic role but mainly a touch of realism) and if the forts could also be named it would be more than sweet.
    I know this would require more work in scripting and research and delay the release date for EB 2 but I would gladly wait a bit longer to have a mod that would be simply awesome and very realistic
    And if needed in my free time I would gladly help with whatever I can to make this idea be used in the game
    Also as I said before it seams it isn't just me who would like this feature and I am sure that others could also help out

Now I hope I will not be chased out of the forum by the EB team for giving the idea of yet more work but I will take my chances

Also can you guys make another video for the next preview I love'em so much (I know its offtopic but I had to ask for it)

All the best

Default Re: Possible use of Forts

Pre-emptive Strike

The EB team has already posted that they will be using Permanent Stone Forts (PSP) in EB-2. Rummage through the stickied pre-views and you will find it.

Also though PSP can be named, I do believe the game engine only permits one per province.
    In the three years of war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years, we built bombs, we built rockets, we designed and built our own delivery systems. For three years, blockaded without hope of imports, we maintained engines, machines, and technical equipment. We spoke to the world through a telecommunications system engineered by local ingenuity. In three years of freedom, we had broken the technological barrier. In three years, we became the most civilized, the most technologically advanced black people on earth."
    - General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

Quote Originally Posted by amritochates View Post
    Pre-emptive Strike

The EB team has already posted that they will be using Permanent Stone Forts (PSP) in EB-2. Rummage through the stickied pre-views and you will find it.

Also though PSP can be named, I do believe the game engine only permits one per province.
    I've seen two per province in the Britannia Campaign...
    Μηδεν εωρακεναι φoβερωτερον και δεινοτερον φαλλαγγος μακεδονικης

I loved the idea, unfortunetly I could not help out with scripting!!! But I already use this practice in EB I. I build the forts to simulate some cities important to my role play.
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

We have several options on how to use Permanent Stone Forts (PSFs), many of which have been mentioned by fans on this forum. It's a question of finding how they would best fit into the rest of EB2s structure as a whole. Rest assured, you won't be disappointed.
    οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
    Even as are the generations of leaves, such are the lives of men.
    Glaucus, son of Hippolochus, Illiad, 6.146