Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: French King's Court - SS6.2 Hotseat Council Thread

Knight of the Crusade Member Thanatos Eclipse's Avatar

Default Re: SS6.2 Hotseat Council

"It is a grave day indeed for the Spanish throne, who must now also mourn the loss of their beloved, or not so beloved prince. He died the same glorious death most Spanishmen do, run down while cowardly fleeing at the sight of one of Rome's mighty armies. Now that I think of it, are the Spanish the ones who taught the Egyptians that trick? As there seems to be a great Egyptian Migration eastward. Regrettably the Saracen demons left a trail of destruction in their wake as many once great cities and castles now lay in ruins, but on the bright side there were still plenty of valuables left for me to get rich off of."

Grabbing a bag from his assistant, Crowley empties it onto his table. Out fall all kinds of rare jewelry and other Egyptian treasures.

"Speaking of, I have here one of a kind Egyptian gold trinkets and mummified animals; all authentic, straight from the heathen's tombs, and very reasonably priced."

Pointing to a treasure held by an assistant on his left,

"Here I have a mummified cat. Once praised as gods by the ancient Egyptians, now an exotic paperweight for your lords study. And this..."

Crowley holds up a gold necklace with a large ruby center,

"...unique necklace once belonged to Cleopatra. That's right, if you act now, for the small price of nine ninety-nine, you could be the proud owner of a part of history; part of the greatest Egyptian queen and tragedy ever. Offer only good as long as supplies last."

Crowley tosses the necklace into a bag full of similar necklaces. Putting a couple of gold bottles on the table, Crowley continues,

"Ah, here we have frankincense and myrrh. Nothing beats them for making your dead loved one's smell better...or at least bearable. As an added bonus, for any wise men who buy both frankincense and myrrh, not only will you receive a discount, but they will come in these gold bottles. Unfortunately this is a limited time offer, so act now. For all of you who wishes to take advantage of these great deals, just talk to me or any one of my assistants. For those who do not feel they have the money for such luxuries, do not distress for I do offer alternative payment plans and loans."
    Last edited by Thanatos Eclipse; 03-21-2011 at 02:18.
    For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

The Ibero-Roman emissary stands defiantly - and tosses a Northern Roman flag into the fire.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

The Rus cannot help but chuckle at Crowley's, sales pitch
    Recovering, he speaks a few words
    That is odd indeed that you say the fatimids appear to migrate east, because my sources have informed me that those forces East of Egypt seem to have disappeared.

Given this apparent surrender, we would offer the Fatimids the chance to live on as a vasal of the Rus state, you shall have the lands bordering the Persian gulf to call your home, but will do nothing against the interests of the Rus nation.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Ambassador rises to speak

Mainland Spain is under control of French and Germans! Former Portugal areas left, Leon and Salamanca taken... but too late. By time when our armies entered these burnt gates, we faced with most harsh cruelty Spanish King has done to his nation. Entire former Spanish capital was burnt down by people's own king!! We couldn't just accept that and pushed our armies to destroy retreating spanish army. A red sky, full of blood of innocent people, showed us path. Sometimes revenge is fruitful you know.... Thank god that Paris didn't fall few seasons ago.
    Our spies report that rest of spanish cities are also sacked by his king. Seems that Crown of last of Spanish couldn't face with loss and destroyed remaining small honour with such stupidity and cruelty. Path is clear... no mercy against Heretical King. NEVER!

Last word echoing in hall, ambassador allows servants to let spanish peasant come into hall, burning spanish Royal banner in his left hand. When peasant stops in front of Spanish emissary, he makes most offensive sign known in Spain.

Enjoy your possibly last season as King, you Heretic! King Philip has nice seat in his personal zoo for you.

Ambassador takes seat.
    Last edited by RexLegend; 04-13-2011 at 16:59.
    So many great nobles, things, administrations, so many high chieftains, so many brave nations, so many proud princes, and power so splendid; In a moment, a twinkling, all utterly ended. - Jacobus de Benedictus

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Hmm, I never can tell the difference between you westerners, but that looked as though it may have been a Frenchman dressed in Spanish garb. Well, in any case, we hope this, and the coming fall of th eFatimids, will bring peace to the world.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021