Thread: Weird Game behaviour

Default Weird Game behaviour

Thought I'd start this thread to note a few weird things that have started happening in my game and for other people to add their own.

Ship Names
    I'm used to the occassional odd ship name coming up. In my USA campaign the US navy were using British ship names for ages and I had to do my own research and rename them. But in my British campaign the ship name generator seems to have got stuck completely. Every ship I build now is called 'Hector'. At one point I had three 74's in my fleet called HMS Hector.

Unit acknowledgement
    At the recent Battle of New York, I was puzzled to hear my Dragoon Regiment acknowledge its orders using the phrase 'Firelock Citisenry Reporting Sir!'.

VOC Dutch in the USA
    At the Battle of Williamsburg the British discovered that the rebels had recruited eight regiments of Dutch Mercenary Line Infantry from the VOC to fight for them. There units cards still said 'Raised in India'. At the Battle of New York in the second rebellion all they had was militia.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Default Re: Weird Game behaviour

1)There is no US name list, they fall under the category of English which covers all English speaking nations. As for the abudance of Hector's.....guess he was really awesome to have three ships named after him!

2)How the game assigns voices to the units is still a mystery to me, to hear a modded unit say something out of the ordinary isn't strange, hearing a vanilla unit say something like your example is strange.

3)I suppose no one bothered to update the unit cards for a unit that only seems to make one apperance in the game.
    Last edited by Mailman653; 06-01-2009 at 00:21.

Post Re: Weird Game behaviour

They aren't necessarily Dutch. All European-originated factions can recruit the standard Company Infantry in India. Exceptions made for the British, who can recruit East India Company Infantry (essentially the same thing), the Dutch, who can recruit VOC Infantry (again, same thing), and I think the French, who can recruit their own version (Compagnie or something; again, essentially the same thing).

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

The US has its own line infantry. There is no need for company infantry unless they start to conquer India to fight the Indians. I think that it is a bug.
    Tosa Inu

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

How about regions that build down?

In one French campaign I lost French Guyana. When I got it back it was undeveloped. The improvements that I had made were gone. In another I captured Mexico and some improvements disappeared and were replaced by something else. It could have been a coincidence…maybe they did destroy their school and replaced it with a second level metalworking building…

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Thats happened to me in the North American Indian War, I think the Native armies actually destroy every building in a zone and start again from scratch with their own build tree. Just as we do when we capture one of theirs.
    Last edited by Didz; 06-02-2009 at 18:00.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    That happened to me in the North American Indian War, I think the Native armies actually destroy every building in a zone and start again from scratch with their own build tree. Just as we do when we capture one of theirs.
    That is true for those factions and I am not referring to them in my post.

The Tribal factions are not upgradeable and perhaps not useable by other factions. They do destroy the developments and put in their own.

The two examples I gave were for the American theater but I have found undeveloped towns and ports in Africa when taking over the Barbary states as well as only basic buildings in most towns.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain