Thread: I think I know why naval invasions don't happen

Default I think I know why naval invasions don't happen

I actually had the Ai do one to me.

Playing as the British. I had taken Ceylon and Mysore. Got in a major fight with the Marathra's.

Pirates were getting gobby in the Straights of Madagascar so I sent my far east squadron to deal with them.

Lo and behold two turns later Marathras invade and take Ceylon (weakly garrisoned coz the AI never invades right?).

That's new I thought, so re-loaded. Kept my squadron in the far-east. Nothing.

Re-loaded and went pirate hunting again. Same thing happened again, this time the southern India territory.

Re-loaded, pirates etc. Hit Ceylon again.

I think the AI knows how to do landings but is just extremely timid when there are enemy ships about.

Just my observations

Default Re: I think I know why naval invasions don't happen

I had thought of that myself but when i see Prussia risking their entire fleet (of 2 sixth rates and a galley) to blockade my port when my main navy consisting of fourth rates, several of them, and many fifth and sixth rates, is sitting right inside it... i had to think again.

Anywho, i saw a screenshot in the screenshot thread where Great Britain had taken Carthage. I'll call it Carthage because i forgot the name of the province. Tunisia?

Nevertheless, the screenshot is there, so they do do them... very very rarely.

In my last Prussia game, Great Britain actually sailed across the channel and conquered France! Imagine my surprise when I took Alsace-Lorraine finally and destroyed France!

I feel bound to point out what happened to France in the naval engagements the British still tell us about

|~
    |~...)_).....|~
    )_)...)__)...)_)
    )__)..)___)..)__)
    )___).)____).)___)
    ,____|_____|_____|____,
    \\........the guild . ........//

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

I've noticed a few fleets carrying troops floating around, but none of them have ever been at war with me and I never noticed what happened to them.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Some of them end up parked on Trade Portals in the Trade Theatres. I regularly see fleets with armies aboard parked there.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis