Thread: Extra trade routes

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Extra trade routes

Probably a stupid question but I'll pose it anyway.

In my Prussian campaign I've conquered several trading ports. However, none but my original trading port seems to have ships coming and going. Is there a way to change this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Default Re: Extra trade routes

Did you make new trade agreements? If not, then the ports are idle - though they'll still make the income advestised in the info box.
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

only your home port can trade with other countries. extra ports, however, get the income from any trade spots your trade ships occupy.

as prussia, you are not exactly a naval power and will probably want to keep trade with the closest nations possible to allow a quick response if they are raided. i suggest GB, France, maybe sweden and russia. maybe even spain and portugal, but thats stretching it.

also, avoid attacking any minor countries west or south of your position; they will likely trigger a war with major countries, plus they are useful in land-trade, which is unlimited.

however, poland and courland(maybe austria? but they are good trade partners if you can raise relations) are fair game, and you way even want to take sweden if you get the chance so you can make more trade ports.

remember: even trde ports with no trade routes still generate income. i think the base for trade ports is like 350-ish? plus always upgrade enlightenment techs ASAP so you can build better ports; Prussia's economic standing is sloppy at best until you can conquer poland, and that could take a loooong time.
    Last edited by Prussian to the Iron; 06-09-2009 at 16:36.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
    remember: even trde ports with no trade routes still generate income. i think the base for trade ports is like 350-ish? plus always upgrade enlightenment techs ASAP so you can build better ports; Prussia's economic standing is sloppy at best until you can conquer poland, and that could take a loooong time.
    OK, I'm glad. I was worrying I had them for nothing.

Oh, don't worry about Pruusia's economic standing. I've conquered everything from France to Poland with Austria waiting as my next victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Quote Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
    only your home port can trade with other countries. extra ports, however, get the income from any trade spots your trade ships occupy..
    Incorrect. Any trade port that is connected to your capital region via a land route (including bridges) can contribute to your trade routes. This includes Ireland for GB, and for e.g. Denmark for Sweden is another example.
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

argh...corrected on the sma ething twice ina row! to the game!*duh-du-da-dah!*
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object