Thread: LotR Succession Game mod discussion thread

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Default LotR Succession Game mod discussion thread

I thought it was a good time to reopen mod discussions for the new game especially since I have hopes of it starting soon.

From the last thread I was still thinking of using a base MTW2 mod rather than Kingdoms, since many prospective players didn't have Kingdoms for one reason or another. I'm also in the situation of not having it right now, as my disc disappeared when I moved recently...

My favorite mod by far is Broken Crescent, but I know not everyone is as fond of it as I am. Lands to Conquer is also a great mod in my opinion.

Does anyone have any other mods they'd recommend? I'm going to post a poll within a day or so.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Default Re: LotR Succession Game mod discussion thread

I personally find the supply system in SS a significant disadvantage, and I'm quite fond of BC but we might have to scale back our expectations on participation if we go with BC.

That was definitely and issue in the last game (the supply system). A lot of things that work great for single player games are less fun in rpg type games, I guess...

LTC is just a much better balanced vanilla, and might work well if we want to avoid BC. I admit not having much experience with any of the other mods out.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

I agree that a lot of fun single-player stuff just doesn't work very well with the TW RPGs we run. From my own perspective, things that need to be stripped out of any mod that is used:

1) Supply system
    2) Civil war system
    3) Any other aspect that significantly lowers an avatar's loyalty or significantly increases the risk of an avatar defecting due to low loyalty
    4) Province ownership 'retinue' - They look cool, but are a massive pain in the butt to keep track of. Since everyone ends up owning provinces, it really screws things up if these title retinues are on the wrong avatars. This makes a LOT of work for whoever has to adjust them. Better to remove them from the game and keep track of them in the Library - it is far easier and also doesn't risk the problem of having too many retinue on your avatar to hold all your province titles.

I also highly recommend using an add-on mod like we did in LOTR to enable recruitable bodyguards in every settlement and for only 1 florin each (with reduced upkeep and wages early on as well, so as not to break the bank).

Thanks for the info, TC. I would never have even thought that the provinces titles were such a hassle, but I can see why they were. I think the two mods I'm looking at right now (BC and LTC) are pretty good on those features, although almost all of the other popular mods have least a couple of them... And whatever we end up using, as you said at least a RGB minimod will be needed.

Alright, looks like nobody has anything mod suggestions to add yet. I'm going to wait another day and then post a poll. Anyone let me know if you have a favorite mod you want in the poll!

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

LTC or anything is fine by me.

I dont like eastern factions, so i'm not fond of BC