Thread: Major Issues Regarding Install & Running

Exclamation Major Issues Regarding Install & Running

Hey everyone, from what ive seen this mod is a dream come true but theres only one problem... running it :(. I downloaded the game (1.1) placing it in the EXACT same folder as RTW and i even changed around the broken shortcut , but the text line you had said to place after the directory isnt working (the line that has something like show_err-mod something like that) it wont let me apply it. then with that out it allows me to apply without error so i do so and then it teases me with the first load screen and then just goes back to my desktop PLEASE HELP :'(

Unhappy Re: Major Issues Regarding Install & Running

Just a note , i got it working but alot of the factions dont have their units , i read about the trivial script but everytime i go to start the script it doesnt start and i get an error :(

Default Re: Major Issues Regarding Install & Running

When you say "alot of the factions dont have their units", I presume you are talking about custom battles. You need to switch the single player files (meant for the campaign) with the multiplayer files (meant for multiplayer and custom battles). As the Trivial Script does not work for you, you will have to do this manually. You will find the files under [your/path/to/RTW]/EB/mp game edu backup. For each of the three files, find their equivalent under EB/data, then copy them into this location.

When you want to play a campaign after doing so, you will have to do the same procedure, but this time with the files under sp game edu backup.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: Major Issues Regarding Install & Running

Thank you very much :D

Talking Re: Major Issues Regarding Install & Running

Just a quick thought though , maybe i can fix the trivial script because the error is as follows:

XMLScriptParser: Couldn't load file: script.xml
    Error Parsing file: script.xml
    Row:0 Description: Failed to open file

If I am reading this correctly that means im only missing one piece of the trivial script, is there anyone on this forum that has a working trivial script I could get a copy from ? Or is there other possible sources? If I can get my hands on (in the best case) a brand new functional trivial script, or even just the missing file (and directions as to were it needs to go) i'd be in business lol.