Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duchy of Bretagne

Default Re: Duchy of Bretagne

The latest news from Paris is not good.
    While I have no objection to peace I fear without reinforcements we shall be assaulted by an oppertunistic English baron soon enough.

Walking round the map Alexandre signals a serving girl to approach with a drink. As he takes it she bows showing off her ample bossim.

Yes my lord we are in a difficult position I suppose all we can do is build roads, churches, markets and make agricultural upgrades.

My complements on you choice of servants by the way.

Alexandre Le Sueur
    Chevalier of The Order of the Fleur de Lys
    Servant of France and Bretagne

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

"I too am concerned. We are as ze English say 'sitting ducks' until such time as we are joined to the rest of the realm.

I will make our case in the council.

And yes, ze girls are 'and selected by me personally. I am a leg and arse man, but I can be persuade by an ample bosom on occasion."
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-05-2009 at 23:14.

A messenger walks into the great hall and hands a message to Alexandre. Upon reading Alexandre signals a maid to bring 2 drinks and he sits at the edge of the map.

Word has come from scouts watching Caen and Bordeaux. Aparently we underestamated the strength of the english occupation forces. They now poccess armies 3 times as large as anything we have. I don't think we can do very much accept hope they don't want the rest of France.

Alexandre downs 1 of his drinks and puts his arm around the serving girl.

I think I'll take my drink upstairs and relax in the company of this lovly young lady before the war horn sounds at our gates. Excuse me gentlemen.

Alexandre Le Sueur

I would humbly ask you permission to join the company of the order of the Fleur De Lys my lord.

Alexandre Le Sueur

"By all means Alexandre. Just make sure you do not get yourself killed."

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Dear Duke, if Edict 1.11 would pass, then I ask permission to stay in Paris after the Conseil has ended, to serve as your eyes in the Royaume.

We don't want Bretagne to become completely isolated from the rest of the Kingdom. I'll use messengers to keep you updated about what happens.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

"Of course Thierry. At least you asked. Zat is somezing a few ozers 'ere 'ave not bozered to do."

Alain enters the Ducal chambers in Paris, two pageboys under each arm.

Sending them on their way with a solid slap to their rears he plonks himself down in the Ducal seat and take a tankard of ale.

"Good god, how ze English drink zis &%$*! is beyond me.

Ok gentlemen, a few zings.

Firstly, it would be a little more appropriate to ask me if you wish to ride wiz ze Order. Of course at ze moment it does not take a genius to work out zat Bretagne 'as few options at ze moment, 'owever ze point remains important to me as your Lord.

Secondly, voting. Ze strength of zis Duchy is supported by our unity and our collective strength. This is as true on ze battle field as it is in ze Council.

So, while zis session I have no issues and no directives towards any edicts or amendments, zis may shange in ze future and if it does I expect you to heed my words.

Does anyone 'ave issues wiz zat?"

Thierry nods towards the Duke.

No issues here. I'll ride with the King towards Bruges, to butcher some rebel scum.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

"Excellent Thierry, rebel scum they are."
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-11-2009 at 13:14.

I shall will riding with the order for France, but my loyalty is still with you my lord.
    If you need my services you need be say the word.

Alexandre Le Sueur

"Yes indeed Alexandre."

Alain pauses for a moment. His usually casual and humorous demeanour replaced for a few minutes by an intense and sincere moment.

"Just a zought for you all before I ‘ead back to Rennes.

Where will you be in a few seasons time? And will you be able to fulfil your duty to zis Duchy?

Never ze less Alexandre, good luck to you in ze vote for ze Order Captain position."
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-11-2009 at 17:12.

Thierry looks at the Duke.

Mylord, if Rennes gets attacked by the English, then the King's army will be more than powerful enough to come to the rescue. I think it's good that at least one of us is close to him and willing to serve under his command. I'm sure he'll help us out either personally or by giving me the troops that are needed to save Rennes, when an emergency arises.

Ja mata, TosaInu

"Right gentlemen,

We 'ave some decisions to make.

Dublin is on ze list of provinces to take and I need to know who is coming wiz me and who is staying in Caernarvon. Either location could be dangerous so I am asking for your zoughts on ze matter?

Hopefully various provinces will be allocated to Bretagne and most of you will have land and a provicne to protect."

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Duc Alain, I wish to accompany you to Dublin.

"Bouchart!! My god man, you are alive!!

Excellent, we will 'ave to get you over zere first. Where exactly are you stationed at ze moment?"

I would ride with you to battle the Irish my Duc.

Alexandre Le Sueur

"Ok Alexandre you 'ave been noted.

Given ze approach of ze Scottish zere is no way Bouchart can make it in time, so we need to 'ear from Thierry before I'm 'appy to move. Someone must stay 'ere.

Another zought I 'ad was to let ze Scottish attack and perhaps lose, zen we can move across ze Irish Sea and attack ze remaining Irish forces. Of course zis assumes zay lose.

Your zougths my lords?"
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 09-01-2009 at 11:22.

I'm ready to set sail for Dublin, mon Duc.

Or stay at Caernarvon, if that's what you desire.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Alain looks a little more serious and discerning for once.

"A question my lords. If I was to say, not lead the assault, would eizer of you be prepared to attack wiz just your two retainers and two ozer regiments of your choosing, zis season?"

Depends on the opposition, mon Duc.

Also, being the realist I am, I would also like to know if the ships would remain close by, so that, in a worst case scenario, I could retreat with the remainder of my troops.

I'm not in a hurry to meet God.

Ja mata, TosaInu

"Zat is certainly part of ze reason I ask Thierry.

No risk no reward.

I can confirm zat I would leave ze ships zere for you to use if zings went badly, but ze opposition is as 'known' is it will ever be. Ze Scottish will begin zere siege next season.

We move now or wait."

"I 'ave received important information which means we will attack zis season.

I will lead, Alexandre will join me. Thierry you will stay 'ere and defend Caernarvon.

Good luck and god speed to you all."

You lead I follow my lord. I shall see command in the future no doubt when you feel I'm ready.

Alexandre Le Sueur

We shall be returning to Wales Alexandre. Ze English 'ave completely surrounded Dublin by sea and land. We 'ave no choice.

Given ze most recent comments in ze council I would recommend at least one of you petitions ze King for Caernarvon. It would seem only fair given ze blood we 'ave shed.

I will zen 'ead back to Rennes. Who ever is given Caernarvon should obviously stay zere.

I will speak privately wiz you all about ze coming council session soon.

God speed.

Thierry looks coldly at Alain.

It seems to me that I should have stayed with the King's army as I intended, but then I would have disobeyed a direct order from my Duc. Maybe I could have proved myself to his Majesty in battle and maybe then, he would have been a bit more favourable towards the Duchy of Bretagne, mon Duc.

Thierry shrugs.
    Last edited by Andres; 09-07-2009 at 12:30.

Ja mata, TosaInu

An ironic smile plays across Alain face.

"Yes Thierry, it is amazing how perfect you can plan AFTER the events occur.

How about stating now your next move so we can compare your planning BEFORE events happen."

Alain shrugs in immitation.

Thierry looks back at Alain, a calm expression at his face.

You're the Duke Alain. You make the decisions, we follow your lead. I have sworn an oath to you, I'm just a vasal, a chevalier with no land.

I can only hope that my lord is capable of leading the Duchy of Bretagne. You had your shot, 15 years of power in the position of Seneschal. And what did Bretagne gain?

Thierry stands up, still very calm.

You were the Seneschal, Alain. And this is your result.

Thierry looks at a map and lays his finger on the settlements acquired by the other Houses, then he looks at the lonely settlement of the Duchy of Bretagne.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Alain snorts through his nose.

Yes de Rochefort, stating ze obvious seems to be a forte of yours.

Pray tell what are zose red provinces to ze south and east, and while your at it what is zat blue zing to ze north and west?

We took Caernarvon which was a dubious move in itself if you read ze Edicts carefully.

Perhaps our only solution is to call for a crusade. Where would you have expanded?

I would have done as the Edicts said and nothing more.

I would have read between the lines that it wasn't the King's desire to go on frivolous expeditions and thus, I would have refrained myself from doing so. Unless, of course, I had a clear and obvious written order with the Kings' stamp on it. But the initiative and the idea would have to be his, not mine.

As for my presence at the battlefield, I would have joined the King's army. First, because he's the King and it is our task to protect his life. Second, well, one can't make big mistakes in the eyes of the King when he's following his lead. Third, maybe, just maybe, the King would never forget the man who was riding next to him and blocked that sword that was aimed at his head.

But then again, I am a man who is used to obey and do as he's told by others.

You on the contrary are a man who thinks for himself and orders others.

Maybe that is exactly what has caused this inconvenient situation, mon Duc. Perhaps, you were too creative.
    Last edited by Andres; 09-07-2009 at 15:09.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast