Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Default Duchy of Bretagne

Duchy of Bretagne

Provinces of Bretagne:
    Rennes 1081 -
    Bruges 1101 -
    Angers 1110 -

Nobles of Bretagne:
    Alain de Rohan - Duc de Bretagne 1081 - / Lord of Rennes 1081 - 1101 / Lord of Bruges 1101 - 1109 / Lord of Angers 1110 -
    Baron Alexandre Le Sueur - Chevalier 1081 - / Baron of Rennes 1101 - /
    Baron Thierry de Rochefort - Chevalier 1081 - / Baron of Bruges 1110 - /
    Robert Bouchart - Chevalier 1081 - Died 1110

Rulers of Bretagne:
    1081 --------- Alain de Rohan
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 10-15-2009 at 16:20.

Default Re: Duchy of Bretagne

I, Alexandre Le Sueur, swear this oath to Alain de Rohan: When you call me to war under your banner I shall answer with all the forces I command, and I shall always do so, fighting under your banner with loyalty and courage. This I swear before the Lord.
    Last edited by Marcus Agrippa; 07-21-2009 at 11:00.

Alexandre Le Sueur
    Chevalier of The Order of the Fleur de Lys
    Servant of France and Bretagne

Moving forward to grasp Le Sueur's hand in a warriors grip, the young Duke is full of enthusiasm and vigor.

"Excellent Le Sueur!! I accept your oath and give you mine in return. There will be much to do for my first C'evalier!!

We have English all around ess, and we must unite ourselves with the rest of France. This is our priority and that will be our first request from our most noble King!!"
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-21-2009 at 21:22.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Thierry de Rochefort enters the estate and he kneels for Alain de Rohan

I, Thierry de Rochefort, would like to offer my services to the Duchy of Bretagne. I hereby swear an oath of fealty to Duke Alain de Rohan. I volunteer to join or lead his army and to butcher whoever the Duke wishes me to butcher for him.

Thierry patiently waits for the Duke's answer.
    Last edited by Andres; 07-21-2009 at 21:35.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Shaking his head a little at the wording the young Duke grimaces and steps forward.

I accept your oath Thierry de Roc'efort and give you mine in return.

There shall be plenty of butchering before time passes to much further.

Welcome to the Duchy of Bretagne.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-21-2009 at 21:45.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

The noble looking man approaches the Duke who is quickly shows a look of surprise and recognition ... there has been an long absence between the two men.

I apologize for my lateness and unable to participate in the tournament but much is happenning back home. I have come to offer my services to the Duchy of Bretagne and its Duke.

I Robert Bouchart offer my services and I hereby swear an oath of fealty to Duke Alain de Rohan. I will fight with honour and loyalty as kin will do for each other.

Though I ask for your patience for I must excuse myself and return to the estate. There are some legal matters to clear from my father's will. The neighbouring English are also causing some unrest with the local population. I will need some time to settle some issues I plan to return in a few seasons and with a company of experienced men.

Robert bows awaiting for the Duke's reply....

"Bouc'art!!

Excellent news. I completely understand the situation my good man. Take your leave, the Duchy wont be moving in the immediate future so bring as many men back as you can."

His man servant Pierre-Yves nudges him and whispers something that no one can hear.

"Ah yes..

I accept your oath Robert Bouc'art and give you mine in return."

Turning slightly back to Yves.

"Is that it...ah...excellent."

Taking Bouchart's hand in a firm warriors grip he slaps him a little too hard on the shoulder in his enthusiasm.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 07-30-2009 at 09:34.

Thierry laughs softly when he hears the word "honour". He nods towards Robert Bouchard, right before he leaves.

"Welcome, seigneur. And goodbye."
    Last edited by Andres; 07-30-2009 at 08:27.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Making his way into the Duchy's Paris chamber, Alain proceeds to cast aside his armour and weapons while he walk towards the bar which is located to one side of the great hall.

"Christ on ze cross, zat was entertaining!!

Yves I need some wine and tell ze nobles of Bretagne to gazer 'ere as soon as possible.

Ze King will call ze council to order soon and we must discuss ze Duchy's business immediately.

Also, ze black 'orse out ze front...it is mine so do not kill it and feed it to ze pigs like last time you imbecile!"
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-04-2009 at 14:13.

Thierry walks into the Great Hall, apparently not very pleased with his performance at the tournament field... One look at his face made it clear to most servants in the Great Hall that today was not the day to make mistakes when serving chevalier de Rochefort as he was clearly just waiting for an excuse to hit something. Or someone.

Entertaining? Bah. A silly game designed for idiots wanting to behave "chivalrous".

I felt like a jester entertaining the peasants on that "noble tournament field". A waste of valuable time and energy, if you ask me.

I prefer to butcher some English sheeplovers. Give me a decent army and I'll bring you English heads, seigneur. Plenty of them.

Thierry slams his fist on a table and sits down with an angry expression on his face.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Alexandre enters the great hall with hands clapping and procedes to the bar.
    when he reaches Duc Alain he pats him on the back as he orders a glass of the Scottish fire water they call whiskey.

Congratulations my lord, you fought well on the tourney field.

Alexandre turns grinning to Thierry.

Not your favourite sport then?
    I wouldn't worry it's just abit of fun besides the english aren't very good at jousting and personal combat.

What's the next move my lord shall we let chevalier de Rochefort loose on them or do you have a plan in mind for reuniting France?

Alexandre Le Sueur

In his usual amusing and yet slightly ironic manner, the young Duke leans against the bar taking a drink.

"Rochefort, you miserable bastard, just because you did win does not mean you 'ave to crap all over ze idea. It was amusing and not a little entertaining, no'zing more, no'zing less. Ze King is 'appy and zat is the main idea.

There will be plenty of English to slaughter so zere is zat."

Peering into Alexandre's drink he wrinkles his nose at the smell.

"Good god man, zat is 'orrible, it smells worse zan a tit on a pig.

As to your question, zen we 'ave to decide on whezer we marsh souz or norz.

Do we 'ave any idea 'ow many many 'eathen English are in eizer castle?

Alexandre downs the glass of Scottish fire water and shakes his head quickly right and left then inhales. A look of excitment on his face.

Well that was a fierce one pour me an ale.

On my way here I saw some flags flying from Caen castle looks like a lord and maybe 3 regiments. The locals told me theres not alot of men inside some with spear some with bow. If you can rely on them that is.
    I have spoken to some scouts who claim there almost double that in Angers.

Alexandre sways slightly then recomposes himself.

Is it just me or in hot in here hmm... Oh yes! ah.. scouts sayingg a lord and one regiment in Bord..
    Give me that drink I'm parched.

Alexandre knocks be half the ale mug.

yeah Bordeaux hasn't many.
    So I would say we get Caen the english are cut off. but if we take Bordeaux quickly then Aquitaine will not be so big, maybe we sell it to them or get allies.
    Last edited by Marcus Agrippa; 08-04-2009 at 16:08.

Alexandre Le Sueur

Careful with that, Alexandre, or you'll start talking like our esteemed Duke de Rohan.

Thierry grabs a large goblet of water.

An English lordship in Caen, eh? I suggest we go look and see if he bleeds as much as any other pig that gets slaughtered.

Ja mata, TosaInu

"By ze way Le Sueur, well done on taking zird place in ze tournament.

I am not sure if ze codpiece managed to distract anyone but it was entertaining at ze very least."

Moving over to the main seating area Alain takes a seat while selecting a piece of fruit from the platter.

"Also gentlemen, give a zought to Rennes. What should we construct and 'ow shall we deal wiz taxes."
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-04-2009 at 16:51.

Taxes? Raise them as high as possible. Those lazy peasants should be happy that they are allowed to keep something. Let them earn their spot in heaven through hard and honest work. I wonder why we even bother to discuss the subject of taxes. Who cares about those peasants. They are nothing more than a source of income and we should get the maximum out of it.
    Last edited by Andres; 08-04-2009 at 16:52.

Ja mata, TosaInu

roads, balista, church, land clearance?
    high taxes so we can train troops.
    Last edited by Marcus Agrippa; 08-04-2009 at 18:01.

Alexandre Le Sueur

The Duke has a few servant unroll a massive map of Europe across the very floor of the hall.

"I 'ad zis made for us. It should make decisions a little easier to make."

The massive 30 foot by 30 foot square rug is an incredibly detailed map of Europe, stretch from the Scandinavian penisular to North Africa and from the tip of Ireland to the far east.

"Ze more I survey ze scene ze more I zink we need Bordeaux. We must secure a reasonable level of military capability and ze castle zere is ze only option.

Your zoughts gentlemen?"

My latest news indicates that it will take us 2 seasons to get to Bordeaux but 2 spear 1 archer and a lord would make Bordeaux easier if the Aquitainians don't beat us to it. but we can take Caen if we're hard and get some support from Paris, to split their forces. We could pay mercs to bolster our forces.
    Last edited by Marcus Agrippa; 08-04-2009 at 19:05.

Alexandre Le Sueur

"I agree wiz your assessment Le Sueur. 'owever zis is not a marshing contest but open war we speak of. If it is to be done it will be by Royal decree, not some mad frantic dash for ze province between us as ze Aquitainians.

Ze Prince already sits in Frances finest and only castle, plus ze Spanish and Germans are not far from 'im. Zere is little need for him to secure another castle except for the greater good of France."

The young man's eyes narrow as he studies the map further. While he does that, more servants and his squire bring large wooden military banners and figurines that represent the armed forces and agents of the realm.

They are placed across the map.

I'd leave Bordeaux for Aquitaine, seigneur, and let us take Caen.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Then I propose Thierry and myself take our soldiers and hire 2 mercenary spearmen units and lay siege to Caen. while we get roads a ballista maker and a church built.

Alexandre Le Sueur

Holding his gaze on Le Sueur for some moment Alain replys slowly.

"And pray tell what do you suggest I do while you and Rochefort go off on zis little errand?"
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-05-2009 at 08:59.

Thierry grins and points at two cute servant girls at the opposite corner of the room.

I think there are plenty of opportunities here in Rennes for you, seigneur.

Ja mata, TosaInu

"Amusing Rochefort, very amusing.

I will consider the proposal for the moment.

But I will say this already.

Patience will be required before glory and advancement can be achieved."

I can be patient, if need be, seigneur. After all, being the first to rush in and charge the enemy is all good and well, if you like songs being sung about you or stories being told. I prefer easy victories and survival. I'm not in a hurry to meet God.
    Last edited by Andres; 08-05-2009 at 09:13.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Smiling and shaking his head slowly Alain says;

"Nice and morose Rochefort. You are a joy to be around."
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-05-2009 at 09:58.

Alexandre folding his arms and lifting his gaze slightly with a playful grin at Thierry's words and turns to the Duke.

Thierry is right about the serving girls they need some teaching in the ways of our house.
    I have a great deal of patience my lords but I also understand Boldness and haste.

I do not presume to suggest you do not fight my lord, you have proven your measure and skill on the tourney field.
    I was just speaking for what I could do if I were sent to liberate our country.

Though if you stay here my lord apart from teaching the servants how to properly behave there is much to be done in Bretagne as we will need money and siege weapons to break the gates of castles.

I would say my lord that speed on the part of ourselves and our brother knights would stop the English organising themselves against us. That is the reason I thought about a quick campaign. Should they react quickly we might be spread too thin or cornered if we let them have time to train and buy mercinaries.

Ofcourse my lord it is just my thoughts as I shall carry out your wishes.
    Nice rug by the way.

Noticing the serving girls giggling to themselve while looking in his direction Alexandre starts approaching them.

Maybe I should teach these two personaly my lords.
    Last edited by Marcus Agrippa; 08-05-2009 at 13:51.

Alexandre Le Sueur

Thierry enters the room again, his lip still bleeding a bit after the recent tavern brawl.

He sits down with a sigh and takes a large goblet of cooled wine.

"I can use this," he says, and he drinks half of the goblet.

"Much better."

He stands up and looks at the other noblemen.

"Dear friends, I heard disturbing news. It seems like our foes are much stronger than the first reports initally suggested. I didn't have time to study the new reports in detail yet (*), but if it is as bad as it sounds, then maybe it's best to ask the counsil to reinforce our garrison, so that we are strong enough to attack the English at Caen. There's no use in wasting our valuable lives in an attempt to conquer English settlements that is doomed to fail."

Thierry takes another goblet, fills it with water and sips from it.

"Maybe it's best to follow the cautious route, like the Duke suggested. Let's build up our strenght first and attack the English when we are ready."

Thierry grins.

"In the meanwhile, somebody should advice that idiot Raoul de Chatillon that he should attack the English all by himself, in a jester suit and with a pitchfork."

Thierry looks at another cute servant girl.

"You there, please bring me some ice for my face. Then you can go to my room where you can wait for... your next task."

(*) OOC: will have a look at the savegame when I'm home.
    Last edited by Andres; 08-05-2009 at 14:25.

Ja mata, TosaInu

Alain casts curious gaze at Rochefort as he crosses the large hall.

Shaking his head with slight annoyance at his apperance and statement he waits before replying as more figurines are brought in by Bretagne men and his man Pierre-Yves.

The man servant talks quietly with the Duke before departing.

"It seems our riders and 'eralds have misinformed us as to ze strength and composition of ze enemy.

While I was certainly agreeing wiz a lighting strike to take ze initiative now we must study ze situation more closely or we may suffer immediate set backs."
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 08-12-2009 at 16:22.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast