Thread: The Fourth Age?

Default The Fourth Age?

Hi I downloaded a mod called the fourth age-CI and it was pretty great, it had a few missing pictures and stuff so I downloaded the .3 patch that was on the same screen. Later I stumbled upon http://www.thefourthage.org/home/index.php While looking for an update.

Almost all of the links on this page lead to some forum website which is ALWAYS down.
    So I can't figure out where to find a patch for this.

Also I had questions as to whether The new Shadow mod displayed on the above website is the same as the CI Mod, and oddly enough the download instructions for TNS mod lead to the same forum site that is always down, so I'm not sure how to get TNS working.

I had other questions about the mod too, I like it so much, I was wondering if the team (which I'm currently having trouble finding anything on) that made CI (and TNS?) was planning to make any mods for The 1st, 2nd, & 3rd ages.

Thanks for reading the post,
    hope to hear from someone.

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Default Re: The Fourth Age?

Thanks for the post. There are no plans for any more mods set in other Ages I'm afraid. The Fourth Age was released slowly by building upon previous releases. Here is the history of camapign releases:

Corsair Invasion
    Forth Eorlingas
    The New Shadow

There were also 2 variants of the latter:

Wars of Men (faction-specific campaigns and some other features such as faction intro videos)
    The New Shadow for RTW (a teaser for those without BI)

What you need to player the game proper are the latest build (2.0b) and patch (2.6). There's also a currently a hotfix (thread also stickied). The official forums have moved to:

http://www.modrealms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Currently work is going on to create FATW 3.0 which comprises the whole map of western Middle-earth and adds the Elven, Dwarven and Dale factions.

Due to lack of manpower the forums still require sorting, but work for the mod is steady and good quality. FATW 3.0 will have many more features and robustness than previous incarnations. It will not be released anytime very soon so do enjoy 2.6 ;)
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Oh Awesome! thanks

Wow, this is awesome. I've been looking for a Middle earth themed total war game for a while. Can't wait to try it out.