Default Re: Seneschal's and Nobles' Reports

KotF-1120-6

Declined that adoption offer.
    Moved Charles to Stauffen.
    Updating my SOT.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Taking save
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Louis, you have another battle coming your way. A relief force has come behind you trying to break the siege of Cordoba. You're outnumbered 1:2.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

This will be done this evening after I get the piglet in bed, about 4 hours from now. I didn't see that stack coming, but I did kinda hope Cordoba would sally.

Save is back:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/myu1v1...otF-1120-8.zip

Summary is they ran away. A lot. Their strategy was to choke the bridge with surrendering infantry so that their crossbowmen would have time to inflict some casualties. I guess it 'worked' in some sense. I didn't get to decide what to do with the prisoners or Cordoba.

Save will be posted later tonight when I get home... Forgot to put it on my USB key to post it from work.

Btw, I worked from MA's save and redid the moves done by Braden, EF and Ibn to the best of my abilities (slight discrepancies may appear from the differing battle results from Shlin's save).

There seems to be several slight bugs with the save : as reported by Ibn, all family members have King Francis bodyguards... All other generals have regular ones...

Another more troublesome is the End Report where our tribute expenses are listed in the 100K+ florins... Wth ? I surely spent quite a lot this turn in diplomacy (about 15000, IIRC) but I could never have spent 100K fl...

Our treasury still is about what it should be... So it may only be a display bug...

Anyway, I made a simplified report for this turn as I made a lengthy post in the Conseil.

Diplomacy was rather rewarding as we managed to obtain alliances with the Pope, Russia and Scotland for 1000, 3000 and Edinburgh respectively... (I finally managed to understand how diplomacy work in M2TW...)

I've tried to gain military access from Spain but didn't succeed...

Our relationships with most of these contries are at least Outstanding, if not Perfect (see Scotland...)

A ceasefire has been obtained with the HRE at the cost of Granada and 10K florins and the war wth England has been brought to an end, bringing us 20500 florins and trade rights... Our relations with these two countries remain tense.

Our bishop is on his way to become the next Pope being the first of the Preferati.

Almost no recruitment, retraining or building has been done this turn as priority was given to diplomacy... Had I known that England will provide us 20K+ florins I would have gone in debt to build up our forces.

Cordoba has been sacked (hope Ramses do not mind, as it would have tied up the save even more had I submitted it to his decision...) for 4349 florins.

The castle at Angers is ready to be upgraded.

Our mission to blockade Arhus ends at the end of this season. Our blockading fleet is threatened by a large Danish fleet that just appeared.

[EDIT] Save is here for your viewing... Please do not take it as it is frozen until the next Senechal gives the go on it.
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 11-24-2009 at 20:50.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

The save is open for about 48 hours:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=199&id=5157

If anyone wants an extension due to the holiday weekend let me know, but I expect we'll be able to get things done in the timeframe.

Oza the Sly: Vandal Invasion Member Braden's Avatar

Save taken
    My Steam Community Profile - Currently looking for .Org members I know with NTW for MP stuff (as I'm new to that...lol)

Save back

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=199&id=5161

- As per instruction from shlin28 refused the adoption offer -

- Moved Villain and his men to just North of the bridge East of Frankfurt ready for building a fort if approved. -
    Last edited by Braden; 11-30-2009 at 21:30.
    My Steam Community Profile - Currently looking for .Org members I know with NTW for MP stuff (as I'm new to that...lol)

Cancel that, there's an issue, turn is extended until I can resolve it. Hopefully soon.

Okay I've contacted the owner of the affected avatar after consultation with Zim and as soon as I hear back we'll move forward! Sorry again for the delay, but this would've resulted in a character's death.

All right, finally I think I've got this resolved and I'm taking the save to advance the turn! Sorry for the delay, the report will be up as soon as possible.

Le Rapport Royal de l'an de Grâce 1123

In honor of the death of King Phillipe taxes have been lowered across the realm, despite this the treasury is strong at just under 30k florins. King Phillipe's final acts of settling peace with the Germans and English has brought our borderlands under control, and as such a few companies of mercenaries have been dismissed. The Seneschal asks that all armies currently holding mercenaries assess the ease with which they could be replaced with native troops. The matter will be raised in the Council in due course.

King Louis has defeated a large army of Moors in the countryside west of Cordoba, but despite their defeat another army has marched to the gates and laid siege. The King must consider whether to ride back to the aid of his vassals entrenched in the city, thus delaying his arrival at Toulouse. The advice of Sir de Xaintrailles, Sir de Rethel, or Sir de Perrone is sought in the matter.

Affaires Militaires

Other than the battle with the Moors our lands are quiet. It is necessary to reassess the placement of our military strength and to fortify our borders. With this in mind the construction of up to two forts per House is authorized for Dukes, the location to be at their full discretion.

Troops are being drawn up at Caen for the conduct of a punitive raid against the Danes to repay their attacks on our lands in Albion, and ships are being brought to the region for the same purpose. Duke de Bretagne the Seneschal asks that you submit a request for what men you believe you will need to conduct this raid successfully.

English and German armies are still of significant size, and some German forces remain in our lands. For the time being this will be tolerated.

Affaires Diplomatiques

All diplomatic entreaties to the Poles and Byzantines have been rejected. As trade rights have already been established with these nations I believe our diplomats will be reassigned to more viable tasks. Relations with Milan have fallen to very poor.

It is with regret that the Seneschal must announce the death of our very great friend Pope Gregory:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

An election is to take place with our own Cardinal the head of the Preferati, however we are unpopular with the jealous leaders of Europe and so they may require some convincing to issue a proper vote in our favor. The Seneschal asks that all nobles pray for the soul of Pope Gregory and for the success of our efforts in the election.

Venice has been reconciled as a result of the death of the Pope.

Affaires de la Cour et du Monde

Another young noble has come begging Sir de la Salle for entry into the Royal House. King Louis instructs Sir de la Salle to reject the applicant.

The Council has awarded the Office of the Seneschal 1000 florins for blockading the port of Arhus. That ship will now be recalled to help organize the planned raid.

Recommandations

Much must be spoken of in the Council. The Seneschal asks that SoTs be updated, particularly with regard to build orders and recruitment requests for the replacement of mercenaries.

The save is now open, and can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mvnmml2jtoq/KotF-1123.zip

save taken

save back

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=199&id=5164

- Villain has built a fort at the sight of his epic battle -

Have to extend this until tonight, my daughter is sick. Always seems like these things slow down as the holidays approach anyway, hope no one minds too much. I do have big plans, I just have no time to execute them!

EDIT - should have been on the OOC thread
    Last edited by Braden; 12-08-2009 at 16:01.

Le Rapport Royal de l'an de Grâce 1123

King Louis finds himself out of touch with the court... that or the court is strangely silent and inactive. Another army of Moors has been sent to their deaths for daring to seige Cordoba before the King fully departed the area.

The realm is otherwise carrying on excellently, with an air of anticipation almost. Great things are afoot and somehow even the peasants can smell it in the wind.

Affaires Militaires

Matters remain quiet across the realm. Forces continue to be drawn up preperatory to a raid against the Danes, and ships are now in port at Caen to carry the troops, they lack only a leader. The Seneschal calls on a noble of House Bretagne to answer the call to lead this raid by marching to the castle at Caen.

Affaires Diplomatiques

It was necessary to strong arm several of the weaker nations of Europe into committing their votes for our cause, but in the end pious Etienne Courtois of France was elected to the Papal seat. Relations with the Papacy were perfect on the new, of course. Relations with minor factions fell, notably Poland, as they resented the pressure it was necessary to apply to secure their votes for the proper candidate. Francoys de Rouergue has become France's newest Cardinal.

The nation of Sicily rejected the accession of Pope Etienne and foolishly attacked the armies of the Papacy, resulting in their excommunication. France shall be at war with Sicily as soon as a force worth attacking can be discovered.

Affaires de la Cour et du Monde

As before a young noble has come begging Sir de la Salle for entry into the Royal House. King Louis instructs Sir de la Salle to reject the applicant. It may soon be necessary to institute a policy of duelling these fools simply to discourage the ambitious from reaching too high.

The Council has asked that we open diplomatic relations with the Sicilians. King Louis finds this a very wise idea, perhaps they will surrender and apologize for their mad assault on the Pope, eh? In any case it should lead to some considerable amusement in the near future.

Recommandations

The city of Reims is ready to expand their walls. The Seneschal instructs the owner of the city to alter their SoT if necessary to permit this construction.

Save is open:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/imn1yq2wnmz/KotF-1125.zip

OOC: I realize this is a pretty barebones report; I'll try to add some screenshots later, but time is just not there at the moment. I swear I have some big plans just around the corner, so don't wander off yet.

Save Taken

Save Back

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=199&id=5167

- Have moved Henri North to ensure the small German force doesn't cross the border -

- With permission I've moved Andre and his army East in preparation to build a watch tower as close to the Polish border as possible next turn...just didn't make it as far East as needed this turn -

- Have moved the company of Sgt Spearmen into Henri's army from the bridge South of Frankfurt (it's been there for two turns I believe now); its owed to Villian's army and will be forwarded ASAP -

Taking save

Alexandre Le Sueur
    Chevalier of The Order of the Fleur de Lys
    Servant of France and Bretagne

save back.

I moved Simon towards toutose.
    Last edited by Marcus Agrippa; 12-13-2009 at 20:49.

Alexandre Le Sueur
    Chevalier of The Order of the Fleur de Lys
    Servant of France and Bretagne

Taking the save to advance the turn. This is the last turn before the new Council session.

Save file comes up invalid. Working from the assumption that moving Simon was all that took place I'm going to take the previous save and reproduce that move.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

We have a save but it's only open to look at until we figure out the Seneschal issue.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718