Thread: EBII Modding Question

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default EBII Modding Question

I have a question regarding the new feature of M2TW, allowing different skins and polygon models within the same unit, for example Phrygian, Attic, etc. helmets in a unit of Hoplites.

Is it possible for the user, say per editing a .txt file, to alter the distribution of given models and skins within in a certain unit? E. g., I don't like Phrygian helmets in my elite guard unit, will I be able to mod them out, or change their distribution probability from, say 25% to 0%?

I ask because at some point in the campaign, where my empire gets so big that I feel the need for some changes, I tend to mod units and buildings.

Default Re: EBII Modding Question

No, short of editing the model you can't. Parts are marked using comments which the engine uses to do its part randomisation trick, thus the probability of the parts appearing is (AFAIK) inversely proportional to the number of available valid parts. IOW if the model has 4 helmets the probability of the Phrygian appearing on a soldier is 1/4.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Yep, purely a model issuse, you would have to edit them to produce the effect you desire.

I see. Next question: Is it possible to alter these models with a free program like Gmax (yes I know it's old but at least I can more or less get along with it)? Like, copy models Atto-Thraikian and Boiotian and replace models Phrygian and xy?

I'm not sure about GMax as I don't know if any of the mesh conversion scripts work for it but you could use milkshape, which you can download as a free trial.

Replacing helmets would require quite a bit of work as you would have to change the skin of the unit as well as other things. The simplest soltion would be to just delete the helmets you don't like from the model.

Thanks. :)