Thread: Strategy guide

Default Strategy guide

Sterling advice from this establishment notwithstanding, does anyone know if there is to be a Strategy guide book published for ETW? You know with all the unit stats and building requirements and stuff?
    Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Strategy guide

Welcome aboard Lozart!

So far as anyone knows only online guides that people have made is all there is or will be.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

It'd be pointless to buy such a guide because unit stats practically change with every patch.

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Le Fusil is superior to anything Prima has ever put out. Simple, straight-up facts, and it's kept updated. All your unit stats in one convenient place.

The Org guides are superior as well. Why trust in what some jerk from a company tells you? Just print off pages from the ETW guides forum
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Desperately Seeking Tamworth Member Ethelred Unread's Avatar

Product details

* Paperback: 208 pages
    * Publisher: Bradygames (26 Jan 2009)
    * Language English
    * ISBN-10: 0744010608
    * ISBN-13: 978-0744010602

From amazon, but not published yet. I work for the same company that owns Bradygames and so I checked the system to see when the publication date will be - but nothing as yet.

My guess is that they've included MP stuff in the book that has either altered beyond what they had originally, or they're waiting for that to come out, then release the book.

This was similar to the MTW2 one where they had stats for the Czech war wagons that eventually didn't make the final cut of the game.

If anything appears then I'll update!
    "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials"

Brilliant, cheers for that chaps!

I will check out the online ones :)
    Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Check out this guide-link page on the .net site. It's pretty organized and you'll find way more stuff there than in any Sega guide...