Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Napoleon TW - RTW Alexander

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: Napoleon TW - RTW Alexander

Shogun 2 would be nice and seem especially likely now that they have SEGA backing.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 09-02-2009 at 01:24.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

congrats on 4,000 posts Antisocialmunky!
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Thnx, I hope get get over 9000 some day...
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

I have played all versions of TW except Alexander. I will say STW is still my all time favorite due to the excellent balance of gameplay and atmosphere. None of the later games have ever quite matched up in evoking the setting I have to say each version still improves on the prior ones.

I have never understood the dislike of MTW2. I found it quite enjoyable and there were a number of things that improved over the earlier versions besides graphics. For example, I like the opening up of the campaign map in RTW and the expansion to city/castle specialization in MTW2. It seems that alot of complaints are colored by disappointment in that each game never quite lives up to it's potential rather than being a bad product. I enjoy ETW despite the bugs as well though I will admit it is not my favorite period. And despite obvious flaws it is great to finally have actual naval battles.

Napoleon is definitely the most logical choice for an expansion though I am still unsure about its structure. I prefer an open grand campaign to story driven like Road to Revolution. If you want to do specific episodes expand the historical battle scenarios.

MIITW has epic bugs. The shield bug(shield was SUBTRACTED form defense), the 2 hander bugs, the peasant attack speed issues, the passive AI vs missiles, the horribly in city pathing. Kingdoms fixed pretty much everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    MIITW has epic bugs. The shield bug(shield was SUBTRACTED form defense), the 2 hander bugs, the peasant attack speed issues, the passive AI vs missiles, the horribly in city pathing. Kingdoms fixed pretty much everything though.
    Ah ok. I got the gold edition so my experience was obviously better, though I believe the 2 hander issue was never quite fixed.

The only problems I had in kingdoms were the city battles... but sieges are better in ETW.

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Alexander came out free after a actual expansion that added a little bit in the AI brain department.
    Actually, at least at first Alexander was $10 or so for download as I recall. It may have ended up as a free throw-in with RTW later on.

While Kingdoms may have fixed bugs, it also added the Securom malware, so I never installed it.

It was free for download off the website IIRC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12