Thread: 1.3.1, another bug? Units (not light) shooting into the blue air...

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Default 1.3.1, another bug? Units (not light) shooting into the blue air...

I noticed this for the first time fighting a battle in some dry-lands of India. My line infantry (and grenadiers) would start shooting (on autofire) while the enemy (Marathas) was still miles away (way out of target range). By the time, the enemy approached, my line had wasted half the ammo already (I did not turn it off on purpose, just to see what would happen and if there were no hidden units approaching).

I had observed before that the light infantry tend to waste their ammo shooting at out of range targets, but this was the first for the line infantry doing the same. On top of that, light infantry does the star shooting exercise AFTER the enemy has exited the range; this time, the line was doing it BEFORE the enemy had approached. Weird.

Anyone else has seen something similar?
    Last edited by Slaists; 08-25-2009 at 21:59.

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Re: 1.3.1, another bug? Units (not light) shooting into the blue air...

yeah; its a really weird bug i think they'll fix in the next patch. oddly enough, i've only had it happen a couple times, but all had about the same conditions:

Me as Prussia
    Enemy as Marathas
    Battle is in India

Playing any other faction that has never happened, but then again Prussia is the only European Faction I've taken into India. Which is strange considering I've played U.P. and GB campaigns (obviously got bored and didn't finish)
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Iron View Post
    yeah; its a really weird bug i think they'll fix in the next patch. oddly enough, i've only had it happen a couple times, but all had about the same conditions:

Me as Prussia
    Enemy as Marathas
    Battle is in India

Playing any other faction that has never happened, but then again Prussia is the only European Faction I've taken into India. Which is strange considering I've played U.P. and GB campaigns (obviously got bored and didn't finish)
    Well, mine was the British, fighting Marathas in India. I guess, it has something to do with tropical jungle vapor...

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Must be an inverted greater than sign somewhere in one of the rarer combat cases.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009