Page 1 of 86 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Ship Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pirate Ship Mafia [Concluded]

Night 0

The dawn bell did not have a chance to ring on the
    Presence this morning. Everyone was aroused far earlier, courtesy of the piercing scream of one of the ship's watchstanders. Naturally, the crew was a bit annoyed, but they were too hung over and sleepy to overtly grumble. However, they were quickly shaken out of their stupor upon the sight that greeted them: Their captain, the same man that brainstormed the wildly successful attack on Charleston - dead, with a British flag painted on his chest.

Quickly, the men started cursing. There was no quicker cure for a terrible hangover than a terrible shock to the system, after all. Eventually, cursing turned into shouting, and shouting turned into drawn cutlasses. Surely, the British agents could have sat back and just watched as the crew sliced each other to pieces, but it was not to be.

"No!" one able seaman cried, one who had shown barely enough intelligence to carry a broom and sweep it in the past. Surprised by his own bravery, he continued on. "This be just what the scumbucket scallywags want us to do! Nay, I'll not see our haul be put in danger just because of a bit o' adversity! We be needin' to organize! We be needin' to elect a new Captain. It's just what the old man would've wanted us to do!"

Ashamed by itself (and still a bit shocked that their fellow sailor had been able to not only form an intelligent thought but eloquate it as well), the crowd slowly fell silent in agreement. He was right, after all. The
    Presence was under attack, and everybody worth their salt knew that a ship in battle without a captain was a ship soon to be sunk, or worse.

The Stewards and Watchstanders, currently the senior officers on the ship, started counting votes. Since the majority of the pirates were illiterate, they each swore oaths to be true with their counts, to the best of their knowledge.

"Now remember gents," one said, "if ye be elected Captain, it be yer prerogative to appoint a First Mate and Quartermaster, and replace them at will. Ye also be gettin' a set salary o' 15 pieces of treasure per day. Ye forfeit yer vote, except in the instance of a tie where you and yer officers have tiebreakin' authority. Should the three of ye be deadlocked still, then ye have final say over who walks the plank. Any questions, the lot o' ye?"

A resounding "nay" came out from the crowd.

"Good," said the man. "THEN GET VOTIN', YE RUSTY SCUPPERS, AND DON'T TAKE ALL DAY EITHER! THERE'S STILL WORK TO BE DONE!"

The men scurried every which way. The fight for the
    Presence was on.

OOC: It is now Day 1. As stated above, your only task today is to vote for a Captain. Votes must be lodged in the following way:

Select: GeneralHankerchief

Vote changes must be made like so:

Unselect: GeneralHankerchief
    Select: TosaInu

You will be rewarded 3 pieces of treasure for lodging a legal vote. Voting will last until 12:01 PM, Wednesday September 30th, US Eastern time. Not all rounds will be this long, but as this is the very phase exceptions will be made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Souls aboard (51):
    a completely inoffensive name
    A Very Super Market
    A1 Unit
    Andres
    Askthepizzaguy
    atheotes
    Beefy187
    Beskar
    Captain Blackadder
    Centurion1
    Chaotix
    CountArach
    Crazed Rabbit
    Cultured Drizzt Fan
    Death is Yonder
    Diana Abnoba
    DisgruntledGoat
    Double A
    gibsonsg91921
    Iskander 3.1
    johnhughthom
    Jolt
    Joooray
    Khazaar
    KukriKhan
    LittleGrizzly
    Lord Winter
    Louis VI the Fat
    miotas
    pevergreen
    Psychonaut
    Reenk Roink
    ricera10
    Sasaki Kojiro
    scottishranger
    Seamus Fermanagh
    shlin28
    Sigurd
    slashandburn
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    SSNeoperestroika
    Subotan
    taka
    TinCow
    Tratorix
    White_eyes:D
    woad&fangs
    Xehh II
    Yaropolk
    Yaseikhaan
    YLC
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Dejotaros moc Praesutagos Member Cultured Drizzt fan's Avatar

Default Re: Pirate Ship Mafia

aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh. As a selfish pirate I have no choice but to vote for meself!

disregard this part.....
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 09-28-2009 at 21:54.
    Micheal D'Anjou
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    memory of the short lived king of Babylon Patrokles Adiabenikos

Well I have to vote for someone so a random vote goes to............ select:Joooray

Select: Splitpersonality

Yarr...
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Just in case votes can only go in unedited posts,

Select: Cultured Drizzt fan

arrggghh.

So GH can votes only go in unedited posts?
    Micheal D'Anjou

Select: ACIN

The reason the town did not win earlier in Capo was because few people put me as director. Fact.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cultured Drizzt fan View Post
    Just in case votes can only go in unedited posts,

Select: Cultured Drizzt fan

arrggghh.

So GH can votes only go in unedited posts?
    I'd prefer it if you stuck by that, but I don't have a hard and fast rule.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

that fine
    Micheal D'Anjou

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Select: Crazed Rabbit

Ahoy, me hearties!

Tis I, the Crazed Rabbit! I bid ye vote for me as the new captain o this vessel!

Consider the following; I am of sound pirate character, having started the International Talk Like a Pirate Day tradition in these waters.

Would a lime-scarfing landlubber British man do such a thing? Nay!

Indeed, such a pirate I be that I have been honored with me own pirate animated gif:

Who among ye can say the same? None, verily!

But I be not just a pirate of firm character, but a relentless hunter o' our enemies, the British and the Maven pirates. I have been on many a voyage and have a keen eye for those who would do us in.

Proclaim me your new captain and I shall hunt our enemies to the ends of the earth!

Let us begin with a hearty Yo ho ho ho! Select me, lads, and ye will be happy ye did!

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

arrrr that be the most pirety pirate I ever did see, truly yee put us ta' shame Crazed Rabbit.

Unselect: Cultured Drizzt fan, Select: Crazed Rabbit
    Micheal D'Anjou

the obvious pirate choice:

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Act all cool and stuff, only taka knows about your true noobness.
    Tainted Evil, Reenk's synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.
    Gunfight at the O.K Corral

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Nay! Vote not for these other landlubbers and traitors! Vote for me, TinCow! I may not have these fancy "geefs" that others do, but I have one thing that I know will prove my dedication to the Pirate Code better than anything else...

My anniversary is on International Talk Like a Pirate Day! That's right! September 19th is the anniversary of my first date with my wife! In fact, the only way I ever even remember what day my anniversary is on is because of Talk Like a Pirate Day! International Talk Like a Pirate Day has saved my marriage! Surely that is proof enough that I am a true Pirate at heart and will do all in my power to bring us all booty (it certainly got me some nice booty)!

Select: TinCow

(Note: True, it's just the dating anniversary, not the wedding anniversary... but cut me some slack, let's see YOU convince your fiancee to get married on International Talk Like a Pirate Day.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    (Note: True, it's just the dating anniversary, not the wedding anniversary... but cut me some slack, let's see YOU convince your fiancee to get married on International Talk Like a Pirate Day.)
    I hereby accept this challenge.

Now, to find a fiancee...

Unselect: Splitpersonality

Select: TinCow

Yarr, i be likin' yer talk of booty...
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Pirate Ship Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post

CR
    Win.

Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    Win.

Feh! A true pirate wouldn't waste his one bullet on mere threats!

Rest in peace TosaInu

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    My anniversary is on International Talk Like a Pirate Day! That's right! September 19th is the anniversary of my first date with my wife! In fact, the only way I ever even remember what day my anniversary is on is because of Talk Like a Pirate Day! International Talk Like a Pirate Day has saved my marriage! Surely that is proof enough that I am a true Pirate at heart and will do all in my power to bring us all booty (it certainly got me some nice booty)!
    Ye be a scurvy bilge rat! What true pirate worries about remembering the anniversary of his first date? What pirate has a "wife" and not an assortment of wenches at the nearest bar?

Ye reek of limes to me, ye metal cow! Only a British agent would think of International Talk Like a Pirate day as merely a way to remind himself of his first date anniversary! What foppery, says I!

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Select:TinCow

Pirate smiley = !
    Unselect:Joooray
    Select:Crazed Rabbit

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Avast lads!

Crazed Rabbit is a hearty soul, and we'd do well enough with him to navigate these murky waters ahead. Tincow's a stout one as well, no doubt, but I've never seen the Rabbit quit -- e'en when he's half-dismasted, in irons and down to steel and pistol only.

For now, I say Select: Crazed Rabbit.

Now, as a side note, I'd like to offer me own services in a bit of lawyerin'. Now most of you know that I never did GET that law degree on account of a bit of disagreement betwixt myself and one of those pettifogging professors -- curse the breed -- regarding the affections of one of the soiled doves what lived near Trinity. I do remember enough to help with a bit a will writin' for those of you who can't be bothered or can't make nought but a mark. I'll keep it simple, a flat 1 gold to write it up. If you wan't me to keep it updated just toss me a couple of more -- and I'll keep it up to snuff even if your still in your hammock and drunk as a lord.

OOC

Crazed Rabbit: Every game I've played/hosted with him, the fellow does NOT quit. This latest Capo he survived at LEAST a week longer than he should have, knew he was on borrowed time, and never stopped trying to change the odds in his favor. Good enough for me unless I hear better.

Yes, I will do wills for you if you like, updating things based on changes you send my way. Yes you COULD do it yourself, but I'll be able to update them even if your "off" somewhere (vacationing, sobering up, lurking like a big dog). 1G for a will with orders of preference; 3G and I'll keep updating it etc. according to your wishes even if you're not there.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    Ye be a scurvy bilge rat! What true pirate worries about remembering the anniversary of his first date? What pirate has a "wife" and not an assortment of wenches at the nearest bar?
    A pirate who doesn't have to pay fer his booty, that's who! Ye can share yer scurvy, lice-ridden wenches with the dirty landlubbers who be plundering her 'wares nightly while yer at sea, but my sea-wife was stolen fair and square from the house of the Governor of Barbados himself! If ye'd plundered the booty of a Governor's wife, ye'd have no more desire for the lowly favors of the same wenches who serve any who cross their hands with silver.

Vote TinCow fer Captain! He steals his women like a proper pirate and doesn't have to resort to pay fer their favors! Under my watch, we'll raid every Governor's house north of the equator! All yer bastards will be heirs to fabulous wealth and fortune, and ye won't have to worry about the French Pox every time ye go to bed!
    Last edited by TinCow; 09-28-2009 at 22:25.

Yarrgh...

Whilst my fellow pirates deal with this, can any of yer sea-rats tell me where be my drink...?

*silence*

Give me my drink I say, or face me cutlass!

In the name of thar Pirate's Code, I demand that yer tell me!

*Swings wildly at nothing*

Tarnations... them wily drink-thieves be infestin' the good ship Presence! Someone must stop them... yarrrrrrgh, for the good of the ship, I, Pirate Lord of the Eight Seas, proclaim my bid for tha' captainship!

*Strikes a heroic pose near the edge of the deck, before falling in to the deep deep blue sea*

Select: shlin28

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I bet TinCow used a line like "Put down that peg leg and have a real one instead", so select: TinCow
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Equicidal Maniac Member slashandburn's Avatar

I also believe the sea dog known by teh name of Crazed Rabbit should lead us.

Vote:Crazed Rabbit

I also offer will-wreighting serrrvices but it only costs 2 gold for me to be updating yers.
    Parla più piano e nessuno sentirà, il nostro amore lo viviamo io e te,
    nessuno sa la verità, neppure il cielo che ci guarda da lassù.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me, Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità, è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me,Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità,è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dang... two quality candidates.

He is the one who keeps digging up the TLAPD thread every years.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

aaaarrrrr, competition be ta' cornerstone of Pirate economics! I offer me own skills at will writing for only one gold ta' keep it up to date however you want it!

har har har! lets see ye boys keep up with that! Truly I am villainous scum for this business practice!

and being Villainous scum be the OTHER cornerstone of Pirate economics!
    Last edited by Cultured Drizzt fan; 09-28-2009 at 22:51.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Well at least you can spell writing CDf, put's you at an advantage methinks.

aye, me wents to a fine grammar school before me kill the teacher and run to da' sea!
    Micheal D'Anjou

Equicidal Maniac Member slashandburn's Avatar

ye be offering poor quality, me updating they can trust , im not gouging em like seamus but i offer quality why would ye offer quality updates at nought but a single piece. Strikes me your just trying to steal pirate's honestly plundered gold.
    Last edited by slashandburn; 09-28-2009 at 22:59.
    Parla più piano e nessuno sentirà, il nostro amore lo viviamo io e te,
    nessuno sa la verità, neppure il cielo che ci guarda da lassù.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me, Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità, è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.
    Insieme a te io resterò,
    amore mio, sempre così.
    Parla più piano e vieni più vicino a me,Voglio sentire gli occhi miei dentro di te,
    nessuno sa la verità,è un grande amore e mai più grande esisterà.

baaahhhh Me will updates be just as fine as yours, ye just wishes to grab as much gold as ye can manage. Ye have been beaten by pirate economics my friend, surely ye can appreciate the honor in that.
    Micheal D'Anjou

Page 1 of 86 123451151 ... LastLast